• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Struggle Continues with Kaapo Kakko

The Dude

That looked ACLy* to me. *not a doctor

28 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well, it was nice knowing you Kakko.

3 points in 20 games and then a season-ending injury. Rehab for months while his confidence is destroyed and he needs a new contract. This is not looking good, at all.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Kakko is back in the Liiga in 2024/25.

Yeah, that's a pretty disastrous injury for him if it's as bad as it looked. He'll get another shot given the pedigree, but without any of the protection and patience he's had up until now. Really feel for the guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Was at the game, watched the play, he went down writhing in pain, immediately grabbed the knee.....as the play was going on, he was waving for someone to come over....Never really seen that, so it has to be serious.

Every time I've seen something like this in sports, it's the ACL+MCL+meniscus. Anything less and he's goddamn lucky.

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

This guy’s cap hit is going to be next to nothing next year. He’s probably looking at a 1 year $1.5m show me contract.

Nope. Requires a 2.4 million dollar qualifying offer. He's probably getting that. He's UFA if they don't offer it.

What would his AHL salary be when he starts there where he should put some time in to work on some things. I guess they could offer him a one-way deal so he at least gets paid regardless of where he's at. A 2.4M checker aka JAG is an overpayment.

54 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

What would his AHL salary be when he starts there where he should put some time in to work on some things. I guess they could offer him a one-way deal so he at least gets paid regardless of where he's at. A 2.4M checker aka JAG is an overpayment.

I mean, it's not, he's just not an inspiring player, at all. Like, even as a 40 point player like he was last season, he lacks that je ne sais pas that other third liners have that get you to really appreciation them. Compare him to Hagelin or Fast as an example. Those guys you miss. You really appreciated. Kakko? What the fuck ever.

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, it's not, he's just not an inspiring player, at all. Like, even as a 40 point player like he was last season, he lacks that je ne sais pas that other third liners have that get you to really appreciation them. Compare him to Hagelin or Fast as an example. Those guys you miss. You really appreciated. Kakko? What the fuck ever.

You appreciated those guys because they had limited talent and ability, yet tried and wore their heart on their sleeves. That is what you want from a third liner.

Kakko has all the talent in the world, sans skating, but it's really clear that he has hands and vision. He just couldn't put it all together.

A lot of what I'm reading is pretty disgusting from the fanbase. Like people are happy that he got hurt... How fucking dumb are some people? This hurts him, and it hurts the team, and this is a guy who was really trying his best out there and it's just not coming together for him, but some of the comments I'm reading from "fans" are pathetic.