• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Paying Attention to Patrick Kane; Sike! No, They Aren't

Phil

10 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

That icing hurt…got their 1st line on the ice against our 3rd…can’t let that happen again.

That’s how you shovel shit!  Great job by that line.  Unsung heroes…killing time.

I’ll venture a guess that Kreider has skated the fewest…

ZEB!!!

Kakko uses balsa wood sticks…second one broken by a puck tonight!

Give me a team of Zebs over a team of McJesus’s any day.

What is that hairstyle called on Housely?  The fan front?

Not sure how that’s not icing, but ok!

As much has a ride Laffy for his play (or lack of play) with the puck, he did all the other things very well…played tough, went after their stars to get them off their game, and played tough hockey in the last 15 minutes…

...and the winner of the "off the beaten path" GDT comments is:

@Pistol Pete!!!   LOL

I'm just fucking with you, my man!!!  But the Housely line definitely got me to giggle out loud! 

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 3

Quotes from article below.  Throws some ice water on the expectations for Kane.

https://www.nhl.com/news/patrick-kane-s-effectiveness-canucks-have-look-of-contender

'The feedback I've received regarding Kane and his recovery from the hip-resurfacing surgery he had June 1 has been positive....Looking more likely that he could play sometime between U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would imagine he'll sign a one-year contract within the next month.'

'...Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom had the same surgery on his left hip June 17, 2022. Like Kane, he was 34 when he had the procedure...He played 39 games and had 21 points (seven goals, 14 assists). He said he was 100 percent in training camp after having a full offseason of training. He wasn't. He isn't. Backstrom's hip still is bothering him, not responding the way he had hoped, and it is the reason why he is unlikely to play again this season'

'...Kane could buck the trend and be an elite player, or at least an impact player again. I'll have to see it to believe it.'

1 hour ago, fletch said:

Quotes from article below.  Throws some ice water on the expectations for Kane.

https://www.nhl.com/news/patrick-kane-s-effectiveness-canucks-have-look-of-contender

'The feedback I've received regarding Kane and his recovery from the hip-resurfacing surgery he had June 1 has been positive....Looking more likely that he could play sometime between U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would imagine he'll sign a one-year contract within the next month.'

'...Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom had the same surgery on his left hip June 17, 2022. Like Kane, he was 34 when he had the procedure...He played 39 games and had 21 points (seven goals, 14 assists). He said he was 100 percent in training camp after having a full offseason of training. He wasn't. He isn't. Backstrom's hip still is bothering him, not responding the way he had hoped, and it is the reason why he is unlikely to play again this season'

'...Kane could buck the trend and be an elite player, or at least an impact player again. I'll have to see it to believe it.'

Adam Devine Reaction GIF

I like Goodrow.  Guy's a playoff performer.  I see him as the Stepan Matteau/Brian Noonan type that Keenan wanted all year back in '94.

That type of guy won't shine during the season much, but he has a ring for a reason.  I'd keep him around, as he's useful as an "all-purpose-player", kills penalties and plays pretty solid minutes responsibly.

Just my take  😉

• Applause 1

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

Could've sworn after a certain date, a UFA is a) not eligible to be on the playoff roster and b) needs to clear through waivers. I could be mistaken though and I'm not seeing the rule while researching.

There might be something like that, but I’m not aware of it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

Could've sworn after a certain date, a UFA is a) not eligible to be on the playoff roster and b) needs to clear through waivers. I could be mistaken though and I'm not seeing the rule while researching.

The only reason this sounds slightly familiar is because I remember something similar like this happening with Mats Sundin back in December 2008 when he was back and forth between the Rangers and Vancouver. But that was into December when he signed. So even if the rule does exist, we’re still a few weeks away from it at least. I remember there being a push for him to sign by a certain date but I don’t remember 100%, so I’m in same boat as you as far as not being sure it’s even a thing. I’m sure we’ll see sooner than later.

Edited by RichieNextel305