• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Paying Attention to Patrick Kane; Sike! No, They Aren't

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Kane is joining the Detroit Red Wings on a one-year deal as he continues his NHL career.

The veteran winger became a free agent this summer, but delayed his signing after undergoing off-season hip surgery.

The Red Wings beat out multiple suitors in the Kane sweepstakes with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Buffalo Sabres, New York Rangers and Florida Panthers reportedly among the teams pursue the veteran winger.

BREAKING: Patrick Kane has decided to join the Detroit Red Wings as he returns to the NHL following offseason hip surgery, per sources.

— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 28, 2023

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/patrick-kane-signing-with-detroit-red-wings-1.2041690

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Still devastated that one of my favorite non-Rangers career here was so short. Even when guys like Guy LaFleur and Marcel Dionne played here it was at least for a year or two. With Kane we got not even 30 games or whatever including the postseason. Sad face.

wait, how can he be your favorite non-ranger when he was a ranger?

7 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I’m good with it. The surgery is a gamble at best for pro sports. Too costly to gamble on him being 100%. Gives us $pace to do other things. 

It's important to remember that a player like Backstrom was slightly declining and others like Jovo and Kesler were already in significant decline before their surgeries.

Kane, before last season, had 92 points on 78 games. 

Even if he comes back at half that, that's still a productive right wing on your second or third line. 

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It's important to remember that a player like Backstrom was slightly declining and others like Jovo and Kesler were already in significant decline before their surgeries.

Kane, before last season, had 92 points on 78 games. 

Even if he comes back at half that, that's still a productive right wing on your second or third line. 

Yes, but he's not hitting people because of concerns about his hip and his acceleration is slower and you hold your breath everytime he goes into the boards.

I know this is hard to see because everybody remembers a great player in their prime when they were healthy.  That's not Patrick Kane any more.

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Yes, but he's not hitting people because of concerns about his hip and his acceleration is slower and you hold your breath everytime he goes into the boards.

I know this is hard to see because everybody remembers a great player in their prime when they were healthy.  That's not Patrick Kane any more.

What does hitting have to do with Patrick Kane? 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Someone tell Kreider. 

Well if you're saying Kane is going to go on line 1 at RW and score a bunch of PP and SH goals also, well there you have your exception but I don't believe that's going to happen.

Edited by Br4d