• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Training Camp Thread

RJWantsTheCup

44 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I'm going to take it all in as it happens.  I'm hoping things are better this year but I want to see it in action before I fall for it.

Got totally burned by the Jets hype this past off-season (again!)

I think that was bad luck, Brad.  They still have a very good defense and will be in a lot of games.  I still think they can make the playoffs with what they have....

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I think that was bad luck, Brad.  They still have a very good defense and will be in a lot of games.  I still think they can make the playoffs with what they have....

I agree that they have a chance at playoffs but they have a better chance at 1-16 and then picking a LT for Rodgers instead of a QB...

• LMFAO 1

One thing to remember too is that this group, together, has been through a lot. There has been hardly any roster turnover the last little while. The locker room has gone largely unchanged for a little while now. Sure, there have been flashy upgrades and people who have come and gone. But the core, and the majority of the roster, has remained unchanged. And these guys have gone through a lot together. Three separate coaches, three 7-game series, a run to the ECF. Highs and lows. Everyone in that room has seen each other at their best and at their worst. That means something. And sometimes, most of the time, you need to learn to walk before you can run. Hopefully, Laviolette is able to do that.

34 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

You guys feel that??? The positivity, the flow, the fast pace, the camaraderie......feeling special...or maybe it's just coming off the long layoff? Either way, I'm freaking excited!!!

I'm ready to run through a brick wall face-first!!!  😃

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

One thing to remember too is that this group, together, has been through a lot. There has been hardly any roster turnover the last little while. The locker room has gone largely unchanged for a little while now. Sure, there have been flashy upgrades and people who have come and gone. But the core, and the majority of the roster, has remained unchanged. And these guys have gone through a lot together. Three separate coaches, three 7-game series, a run to the ECF. Highs and lows. Everyone in that room has seen each other at their best and at their worst. That means something. And sometimes, most of the time, you need to learn to walk before you can run. Hopefully, Laviolette is able to do that.

People are sleeping on us because of the early exit last year.

To me, that provided the adversity and hunger this core needed. You laid it out very well. No reason to sleep on a team like us because in my very biased opinion, this 2 year window, is a championship or bust period. The pieces are there; they just need the blessings of the hockey gods.

31 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

People are sleeping on us because of the early exit last year.

To me, that provided the adversity and hunger this core needed. You laid it out very well. No reason to sleep on a team like us because in my very biased opinion, this 2 year window, is a championship or bust period. The pieces are there; they just need the blessings of the hockey gods.

Yep. Agreed.

Everyone is drooling all over the Devils, which I’m not gonna knock. It’s a good, young, explosive team. And their best player is an emerging superstar. They’re going to be a good team. Carolina is Carolina, which is a compliment. They’re just a complete team with an elite coach. As always, they will also be tough. 

But the Rangers, at this time last year, were a trendy favorite for a potential Cup run. Not much from the roster has changed. They’re now getting slept on a bit. There is still a lot to like about the makeup of this team. There’s a lot of elite talent in that room, and good depth to the roster virtually everywhere. I’m sure we’re gonna be right in the thick of things when it comes to the top of the division going into the playoffs.

Edited by RichieNextel305