• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Training Camp Thread

RJWantsTheCup

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I proved you wrong on this already.

Nah, ya didn't and there's a thousand articles on the internet that say you're wrong, please just stop the nonsense with this already. You've had your summer to be annoying about it, let's just move on. 

Edited by Pete

I'm liking Lavvy already!!!

Hey @The Dude!!!  We're off to a rousing experimental start!  I like it! 

Donut boy on RW...How many of you guys called that one??  It's like he's listening!!!

Next thing you know, we may even have a defensive system, and Trouba taken off the PP2 for K' Andre...One can only hope!

• JIMMY! 1

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nah, ya didn't and there's a thousand articles on the internet that say you're wrong, please just stop the nonsense with this already. You've had your summer to be annoying about it, let's just move on. 

There were so many you found none of them during that convo, and you tried to say Joel Q stormed out of the building after the Panarin trade. You were wrong.

I don’t see Miller-Fox being a fit. Much like Fox benefits from Lindgren, Miller’s skillset would benefit from a Lindgren stay-at-home type on the right side. Trouba hasn’t gotten it done in that regard.

To be honest, I’d like to see Miller-Schneider and Gustafsson-Trouba, but I don’t think we are going to see Trouba’s minues decreased (might deserve it) or Schneider’s minutes increased (doesn’t deserve it).

17 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don’t see Miller-Fox being a fit. Much like Fox benefits from Lindgren, Miller’s skillset would benefit from a Lindgren stay-at-home type on the right side. Trouba hasn’t gotten it done in that regard.

To be honest, I’d like to see Miller-Schneider and Gustafsson-Trouba, but I don’t think we are going to see Trouba’s minues decreased (might deserve it) or Schneider’s minutes increased (doesn’t deserve it).

I do worry about Fox's defensive ability without lindgren and also giving miller more ice time when hes not really great against top guys.

But I think this team needs to throw their young guys into the deep end a little bit too. GIve it a try.

I like your suggestion too though. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I'm liking Lavvy already!!!

Hey @The Dude!!!  We're off to a rousing experimental start!  I like it! 

Donut boy on RW...How many of you guys called that one??  It's like he's listening!!!

Next thing you know, we may even have a defensive system, and Trouba taken off the PP2 for K' Andre...One can only hope!

There were a lot of different things Gallant never bothered trying. I'm excited to see different combinations all over the lineup. I just hope Laviolette doesn't just continuously shuffle everything once the season starts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

There were a lot of different things Gallant never bothered trying. I'm excited to see different combinations all over the lineup. I just hope Laviolette doesn't just continuously shuffle everything once the season starts. 

He's going to be just what we needed...I'm a believer!! 

GG didn't stick with his reshufflings.  The kid line always wound up back together.  Zib and Kreider kept coming back together.  Panarin and Trocheck back together even when it seemed clear they were producing great metrics full of empty "production".

Late in the season Kreider and Trocheck, a pairing that worked at even strength, finally stuck for awhile because the Rangers added two top 6 forwards around the trade deadline and GG was momentarily flummoxed by all his options.

Even when GG found some gold in his pairings he never stuck with it.  Game one after the Tarasenko deal line 1 was Panarin, Zibanejad and Tarasenko, line 2 was Kreider, Trocheck and Vesey, line 3 was the kids.  The Rangers went off in a 6-3 win against the Kraken.  The next night everything was reshuffled with Panarin getting slotted with Trocheck (again) and Vesey.  The Panarin, Zibanejad, Tarasenko line, the logical #1 line for the Rangers was gutted after *one* game.

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

GG didn't stick with his reshufflings.  The kid line always wound up back together.  Zib and Kreider kept coming back together.  Panarin and Trocheck back together even when it seemed clear they were producing great metrics full of empty "production".

Late in the season Kreider and Trocheck, a pairing that worked at even strength, finally stuck for awhile because the Rangers added two top 6 forwards around the trade deadline and GG was momentarily flummoxed by all his options.

Even when GG found some gold in his pairings he never stuck with it.  Game one after the Tarasenko deal line 1 was Panarin, Zibanejad and Tarasenko, line 2 was Kreider, Trocheck and Vesey, line 3 was the kids.  The Rangers went off in a 6-3 win against the Kraken.  The next night everything was reshuffled with Panarin getting slotted with Trocheck (again) and Vesey.  The Panarin, Zibanejad, Tarasenko line, the logical #1 line for the Rangers was gutted after *one* game.

That top 6 looked really good. It was a head scratcher as to why he broke them up.

13 hours ago, siddious said:

I do worry about Fox's defensive ability without lindgren and also giving miller more ice time when hes not really great against top guys.

But I think this team needs to throw their young guys into the deep end a little bit too. GIve it a try.

I like your suggestion too though. 

None of this is worth worrying about yet. It's just a pre-season test and you can always go back to what you know.

What worries me, and I think the system helps here, is having Miller/Fox together leaves you with a shut down pair of Lindgren/Trouba. But if they are going against a team's #1 line—and so is Zib's line—It hurts you on breakouts as in the past we've seen no one but Fox and Miller be able to break the puck out. Everyone else goes hard off the glass. You want to spread those transition tools out.

That said, I think a solid breakout plan probably helps remedy this. We have to see what happens.

• Bullseye 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

None of this is worth worrying about yet. It's just a pre-season test and you can always go back to what you know.

What worries me, and I think the system helps here, is having Miller/Fox together leaves you with a shut down pair of Lindgren/Trouba. But if they are going against a team's #1 line—and so is Zib's line—It hurts you on breakouts as in the past we've seen no one but Fox and Miller be able to break the puck out. Everyone else goes hard off the glass. You want to spread those transition tools out.

That said, I think a solid breakout plan probably helps remedy this. We have to see what happens.

I also wonder what a guy like Phil Housley can do for fox miller And Schneider. Should

be fun to watch. 

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is the way. How could anyone not want this guy here? 

Actually explains WTF he's taking about and what his plan is as far as teaching a system. 

It's almost like experience counts... Crazy for these "retreads" 

• VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

This is the way. How could anyone not want this guy here? 

Actually explains WTF he's taking about and what his plan is as far as teaching a system. 

1 press conference and I already know more about his system than I did in watching gallant for 2 years + countless pressers .

I feel really good about this guy

• LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

16 minutes ago, siddious said:

1 press conference and I already know more about his system than I did in watching gallant for 2 years + countless pressers .

I feel really good about this guy

Spot on. I'm not proclaiming anything obviously. But can anyone say they heard GG speak this knowledgeably? 

• Bullseye 1