• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Training Camp Thread

RJWantsTheCup

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

People are sleeping on us because of the early exit last year.

To me, that provided the adversity and hunger this core needed. You laid it out very well. No reason to sleep on a team like us because in my very biased opinion, this 2 year window, is a championship or bust period. The pieces are there; they just need the blessings of the hockey gods.

I was as pissed as anyone in the spring. I couldn't even talk about it. But as the summer wore on I felt like crashing in the 1st round might have been critical to the overall process. These guys were, like, "hey, we went to the ECF in the first post-COVID playoffs. We're awesome and our future is bright. Make some popcorn and let's watch the Stanley Cup come to us." That obviously won't ever happen and it's good they got a direct schooling in it. I hope the pain was acute and left a mark. If it's true, then they're starting in a better spot than they were last year. And that leaves me with a cautiously positive feeling coming in. #nofuckingpassengers

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The lines kind of make sense.

Line 1 has two vets we know play well together and the kid that we most need to succeed.

Line 2 has two vets and the kid who has had the most success.

Line 3 has two grindy vets and the kid who seems to grind best.

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The lines kind of make sense.

Line 1 has two vets we know play well together and the kid that we most need to succeed.

Line 2 has two vets and the kid who has had the most success.

Line 3 has two grindy vets and the kid who seems to grind best.

He's huffing and puffing just from an interview!!! He kinda shit on Chytil and Kakko with saying he's excited to play with better players. Didn't seem to be very elaborate about his role as a RW.  Said all systems are pretty much the same.    

See his face when asked if this was a prove it year? Like an entitled brat. He looked confused,  as if he has done well so far. 

Maybe he's just a fat idiot. He's gone by Christmas.  

• ALEXIS! 1

Then there's this kid who says everything right.

When asked if he thinks he and the team has something to prove to the new staff-- "I think it should be like that--- you need to show what you can do ."

He looks like he's been juicing.  Look at the size of his neck! I think this kid is going to have that breakout season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

"I'm looking to do more, and see if I can improve my game. I think I can help this team more offensively and be the best player I can be" was his response. I know you hate the player, but really?.

Yeah well,  I said "the look on his face". He was shocked anyone suggested he needed to do better.  Then he gave the stock answer. If you think that was a good interview and that he gave well thought out answers and didn't come off as a gpd damn dummy, who thinks he's done good enough,  well......

Good for you. 

I saw an out of breathe, out of shape, red faced, mundane,  unenthusiastic, dumb reply to a legit bunch if questions.  

"I think I can be the best player I can be..".

That hits for you.   Ok

Edited by The Dude

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yeah well,  I said "the look on his face". He was shocked anyone suggested he needed to do better.  Then he gave the stock answer. If you think that was a good interview and that he gave well thought out answers and didn't come off as a gpd damn dummy, who thinks he's done good enough,  well......

Good for you. 

I saw an out of breathe, out of shape, red faced, mundane,  unenthusiastic, dumb reply to a legit bunch if questions.  

"I think I can be the best player I can be..".

That hits for you.   Ok

He’s no Gauthier, that’s for sure. 

5 hours ago, siddious said:

I did notice that he just didn’t seem Able to catch his breathe for some reason 

It got worse as the interview went on and not from a pacing perspective.  I'm thinking he's probably going to need a restart somewhere else.

• ALEXIS! 1

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

He’s no Gauthier, that’s for sure. 

Very relevant.  Thanks for your contribution.  

As a long time member of the Julien Gauthier super duper fan club, I appreciate your response.  Gauthier is likely to score just as many goals, if not more than Lafrenière.  I'm glad you realize how awesome Gauthier is. 

You can join our fanclub for a small entry fee of $87 per month. Membership includes nothing.  

• LMFAO 1