• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Henrik Lundqvist Elected to Hockey Hall of Fame

LindG1000

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Was an honor for us all having a front row seat to his greatness. From Day 1 all the way through. Just a true professional and an amazing superstar. Well deserved. Congrats Hank!

First season it was possible for me to regularly watch games online and not just one in a blue moon when the stars aligned and german TV decided to show the Rangers instead of the Red Wings was his Rookie season.

Cheesy, but the last sports star I really looked up to.

Alexa, play The King of Kings by Motorhead.

It was a treat watching a Hall of Fame career here for so long. We definitely got spoiled. He was ingrained in the culture and represented the organization so well. For those who watched Eddie Giacomin play, I understand the kind of love you had for him even more. I'm also glad this franchise can get one thing right, and that's finding goaltending.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Greatly deserved.  Too bad we couldn't get a cup for him.

We? You mean i didnt root hard enough for the team? Or did not cancel ALL my plans whenever there was a game on?  Im sorry Henrik for failing getting you the cup. 

25 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Another great Ranger goalie.  Well deserved trip to the HoF.

Now we need to figure out why the Rangers haven't developed a single consistent goal scorer in the fifty years I've been watching.

Had 'em all in the early late 60's, early 70's....and that was it!

I think Murdoch was the jinx that started the drought!  Although Duguay did hit 40 in one season ('82).

Looking back it's kind of ridiculous how he managed to perfectly balance being a top performer in his position, a consummate professional his entire career and not getting involved in any scandals/controversies, while at the same time turning in an absolute fucking legend and charismatic fan favorite. True definition of a complete player. And couldn't be more deserving of this honor. Feel very lucky/fortunate to have seen his entire career. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Had 'em all in the early late 60's, early 70's....and that was it!

I think Murdoch was the jinx that started the drought!  Although Duguay did hit 40 in one season ('82).

It's really kind of amazing that the last pure goal scorer the Rangers developed was Rod Gilbert and he was kind of on the low side of what you would consider a pure goal scorer.

The Rangers traded for Phil Esposito, who was a great goal scorer, and he immediately became only good at it.

I just can't figure out what the deal is.  Are there hidden rink effects that we haven't figured out yet?

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Br4d said:

It's really kind of amazing that the last pure goal scorer the Rangers developed was Rod Gilbert and he was kind of on the low side of what you would consider a pure goal scorer.

The Rangers traded for Phil Esposito, who was a great goal scorer, and he immediately became only good at it.

I just can't figure out what the deal is.  Are there hidden rink effects that we haven't figured out yet?

So you’re just going to ignore fil-the thrill-Chytil!?

Just now, siddious said:

So you’re just going to ignore fil-the thrill-Chytil!?

I'm going to keep waiting for the guy who scores 40+ goals every season for a half decade.  Is that too much to ask for?