• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Henrik Lundqvist Elected to Hockey Hall of Fame

LindG1000

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yukon enters the room......

....and hides!!!!  LOL

One of these guys has to be that guy.  We've got like 3 of them that might turn into the big scorer.  Surely one of them has to prove out?

• Believe 1

On 6/22/2023 at 6:46 AM, CCCP said:

We? You mean i didnt root hard enough for the team? Or did not cancel ALL my plans whenever there was a game on?  Im sorry Henrik for failing getting you the cup. 

I'll be by to pick up your fan card.

By "We", I mean the Rangers.  You're good.

Edited by VegasRanger
  • LMFAO 1

On 6/22/2023 at 2:19 PM, Br4d said:

It's really kind of amazing that the last pure goal scorer the Rangers developed was Rod Gilbert and he was kind of on the low side of what you would consider a pure goal scorer.

The Rangers traded for Phil Esposito, who was a great goal scorer, and he immediately became only good at it.

I just can't figure out what the deal is.  Are there hidden rink effects that we haven't figured out yet?

I guess you aren't counting Zibanejad,  whom is as consistent of a 30 goal scorer as it gets. Or are we not counting him as developed here, which I wouldn't argue much. He was a 50 point player when they got him and on his way, but the Rangers obviously got the most out of him. 

53 minutes ago, Br4d said:

We're so starved for pure scorers that we think Zibanejad is a great goal scorer.

Zib and Kreider are both top 20 in the league in goals per game over the last 7 years, but sure they suck if you have unrealistic standards. 

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=scoringpergame&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20162017&seasonTo=20222023&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,100&sort=goalsPerGame&page=0&pageSize=50

Edited by Long live the King
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

We're so starved for pure scorers that we think Zibanejad is a great goal scorer.

Great? Maybe not. Really good and close to the upper echelon? Yes. 

Do you like anyone on this team? 

Edited by The Dude

3 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Zib and Kreider are both top 20 in the league in goals per game over the last 7 years, but sure they suck if you have unrealistic standards. 

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=scoringpergame&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20162017&seasonTo=20222023&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,100&sort=goalsPerGame&page=0&pageSize=50

Up until 2 years ago (under Gallant) Kreider never scored more than 29 goals. Thats a great goal scorer?  I wont call Zibby a great goal scorer either. Good but not great. 

btw, in your chart both Kreider and Zibby are outside top 20 in the league. 

13 hours ago, CCCP said:

Up until 2 years ago (under Gallant) Kreider never scored more than 29 goals. Thats a great goal scorer?  I wont call Zibby a great goal scorer either. Good but not great. 

btw, in your chart both Kreider and Zibby are outside top 20 in the league. 

BTW, in my chart, they are both tied for 20th at .42 gpg.  .43 gpg goes up to 16th.  To say they aren't 2 of the top goal scorers in the league since Zib got here is disingenuous.  To think that guys they score 40 goals a year for a decade straight grow on trees and the Rangers somehow failed for not having one is an unrealistic expectation. 

Edited by Long live the King
  • TroCheckmark 1

8 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

BTW, in my chart, they are both tied for 20th at .42 gpg.  .43 gpg goes up to 16th.  To say they aren't 2 of the top goal scorers in the league since Zib got here is disingenuous.  To think that guys they score 40 goals a year for a decade straight grow on trees and the Rangers somehow failed for not having one is an unrealistic expectation. 

The convo is about great goal scorers, not top goal scorers currently in the league. Kreider and Zibby aren’t great goal scorers. 

Here’s a take: because of the way he represents the game with the class that he does, Hank is the greatest hockey player of all time. If you could pick one player to represent the entire game of hockey, you’d be deciding between Sidney Crosby and Henrik Lundqvist. 

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

Here’s a take: because of the way he represents the game with the class that he does, Hank is the greatest hockey player of all time. If you could pick one player to represent the entire game of hockey, you’d be deciding between Sidney Crosby and Henrik Lundqvist. 

Huh? Hot take. How about Gretz?