• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peter Laviolette Is Next Rangers' Head Coach; Signs 3-Year Deal

Phil

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea, agree. It's getting to a point where the conversation isn't even productive. He only works on the powerplay, move him to the 4th line, change him to RW.

It's almost like he's not the best and most skilled offensive player on the team 🤣

But yea, he had one bad playoff and he's a cancer, a whiner, a pussy (um, he started the Wilson incident by going after him, and he started the NJ fracas in the only physical game), he needs to be "broken" like a horse, he's a 4th liner, blah blah blah.

It's just a constant rhythm of trolling at this point.

I have no issue with trying him on the RW though. But we agree on everything else here. 

I'm going to jump off a bridge now. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I have no issue with trying him on the RW though. But we agree on everything else here. 

I'm going to jump off a bridge now. 

You should, also for the moving him to right wing comment. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I get your gripe abouthis game. I think you need to maybe look back at some old tape. Look at Panarin before he came here and even in his 1st 2 years here. There's more to him than you give him credit for. He's still one of the best in the world,  but you're treating him like he's some middling nobody. 

There's a difference between being the 24 year old with elite skills who isn't the guy everybody is looking up to and being a 29 year old in a veteran leadership position on a team.

Same guy but in the former case nobody is emulating you (because they can't because they don't have that level of skill) and they're doing what got them to the NHL as best they can.  In the latter case people are looking at your game and trying to emulate it because you're one of the models and they haven't established at the NHL level yet.

Laffy doing the curl (poorly) is a perfect example of why a young Panarin was able to do things without consequence and an older Panarin just can't.

47 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's a dumb idea and I'm allergic to those. Maybe you should get yourself checked. 

I can't imagine thinking so little of a $12M winger that he is incapable of switching wings for the benefit of the team and probably himself. Why you hate Bread so much my dude?

7 minutes ago, Br4d said:

There's a difference between being the 24 year old with elite skills who isn't the guy everybody is looking up to and being a 29 year old in a veteran leadership position on a team.

Same guy but in the former case nobody is emulating you (because they can't because they don't have that level of skill) and they're doing what got them to the NHL as best they can.  In the latter case people are looking at your game and trying to emulate it because you're one of the models and they haven't established at the NHL level yet.

Laffy doing the curl (poorly) is a perfect example of why a young Panarin was able to do things without consequence and an older Panarin just can't.

Gretzky started the curl.

Hundreds of players do this.

You really need to put this to rest, not only is it becoming increasingly annoying, you're really damaging your credibility at this point. It's starting to become really hard to take you seriously. 

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I can't imagine thinking so little of a $12M winger that he is incapable of switching wings for the benefit of the team and probably himself. Why you hate Bread so much my dude?

Adam Oates and Alex Ovechkin say hello. 

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Adam Oates and Alex Ovechkin say hello. 

What a dumb example. You're taking the purest shoot first goal scorer the game has ever seen, who feasts on one timers and cuts to the middle of the ice for a shot, where switching sides takes both things away, and comparing him to a guy who is borderline allergic to shooting the puck. A playmaker is completely different, and at most you take away a fairly successful regular season curl that turns into a predictable turnover machine of a move in the playoffs. He can still see the ice just as well. About the only other thing that changes is the East-West passes become West-East. If he's lined up with the fairly successful Kreider-Zibanejad duo, he can hit a streaking Kreider going to the net or set up Zibby for a one timer. If he can't make it work, fine, move him back, but not exhausting all avenues for the sake of Panarin and the team is negligence.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Yea, agree. It's getting to a point where the conversation isn't even productive. He only works on the powerplay, move him to the 4th line, change him to RW.

It's almost like he's not the best and most skilled offensive player on the team 🤣

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

29 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

What a dumb example. You're taking the purest shoot first goal scorer the game has ever seen, who feasts on one timers and cuts to the middle of the ice for a shot, where switching sides takes both things away, and comparing him to a guy who is borderline allergic to shooting the puck. A playmaker is completely different, and at most you take away a fairly successful regular season curl that turns into a predictable turnover machine of a move in the playoffs. He can still see the ice just as well. About the only other thing that changes is the East-West passes become West-East. If he's lined up with the fairly successful Kreider-Zibanejad duo, he can hit a streaking Kreider going to the net or set up Zibby for a one timer. If he can't make it work, fine, move him back, but not exhausting all avenues for the sake of Panarin and the team is negligence.

There are literally dozens of other examples. Kreider can't play the right, Laugh can't play the right. 

In your crusade to make everything about Panarin, You've now suggested that we intentionally take him out of his game and move him to the right wing, and play him on the fourth line.

It's hilarious as it is, it would be even more hilarious if it wasn't weighed down by the sadness that you're serious.

What's dumb is that it would be equally mind boggling to play him on his other wing, for reasons different than Ovechkin, but still reasons. Taking any player off of the position he's played for his entire career because you think he has bad habits is exactly the reason Oates did what he did. Which was stupid. 

Edited by Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

There are literally dozens of other examples. Kreider can't play the right, Laugh can't play the right. 

In your crusade to make everything about Panarin, You've now suggested that we intentionally take him out of his game and move him to the right wing, and play him on the fourth line.

It's hilarious as it is, it would be even more hilarious if it wasn't weighed down by the sadness that you're serious.

What's dumb is that it would be equally mind boggling to play him on his other wing, for reasons different than Ovechkin, but still reasons. Taking any player off of the position he's played for his entire career because you think he has bad habits is exactly the reason Oates did what he did. Which was stupid. 

Kreider hasn’t been legitimately proven out. Neither has Lafreniere. The underlying data said he was fine, though I didn’t like it because it never made sense to take a 19-20 year old who was already having issues acclimating and changing his position on him. These aren’t legitimate examples.

I didn’t say anything about the 4th line, so that’s a strawman. Labeling legitimate critique as a crusade or hatred is basically just a sign of weakness from not having a great counter argument.

He’s not been good when it counts, and it needs to change. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. “Try yet another pair of linemates. This time it will work. Trust me.”

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• LMFAO 1

54 minutes ago, Br4d said:

It's a terrible example. 

If Panarin did that when he was younger, without consequence, does that mean he emulated someone who was better at the time? No. He was just that good. 

Heck, Panarin doesn't do that curl as much as you claim. He has a wide variety of zone entry's. He's not this one trick pony. 

Lafrenière isn't emulating Panarin. Like at all... He doesn't want the puck on his stick. He doesn't take the puck to the middle of the ice. He doesn't try to thread passes through traffic. He doesn't have a shot that puts goalies on their heels. He doesn't have anything.  If he's emulating any player on the roster it's Kreider (poorly),  who also doesn't want the puck on his own stick for very long. Difference is Kreider has strength and speed that helps him get to where he has to get. Lafrenière is a fat fuck that has no speed and can't overpower anyone anywhere in most any situation. With the puck or without. 

What does any of this have to do with what I suggested to you in your quote? Panarin just 3 years ago was a different and a bit more aggressive player. Watch some older highlights. Maybe emerce yourself in what the guy is capable of,  from a not so distant past.

We are talking about a guy that is consistently a 90+ point player, who (as a Ranger) hasn't exactly played with top level talent.  Look at his RWs as a Ranger. Fast, Blackwell, Hunt, Kravtsov. Centers were Strome and Trocheck.. Seriously. Maybe you should question why the Rangers haven't done better to get him some better linemates.  Look at thos frikken names. Its kinda sad in reality...

This chitter chatter about how bad he is is getting out of hand. Stop exaggerating his issues. There are warts to his game. He's not perfect. But he's certainly not some garbage player that can't contribute and hasn't ever gotten results in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Kreider hasn’t been legitimately proven out. Neither has Lafreniere. The underlying data said he was fine, though I didn’t like it because it never made sense to take a 19-20 year old who was already having issues acclimating and changing his position on him. These aren’t legitimate examples.

I didn’t say anything about the 4th line, so that’s a strawman. Labeling legitimate critique as a crusade or hatred is basically just a sign of weakness from not having a great counter argument.

He’s not been good when it counts, and it needs to change. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. “Try yet another pair of linemates. This time it will work. Trust me.”

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Yea, you keep acting like he's not their best offensive player. I'll keep not taking you seriously. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea, you keep acting like he's not their best offensive player. I'll keep not taking you seriously. 

That’s literally never been my argument though. He is very good in the regular season. I love watching him during the year. The stuff he does that makes him good then, that everyone gets to fawn over, makes him bleh in the playoffs. Those passing lanes he makes 90% of his creative plays and slick passes are taken away.

In a vacuum, he’s not necessarily a “negative” presence in the playoffs, but in comparison to what he is in the regular season and what he counts against the cap, it’s probably the worst comparative performance drop and dollar-to-performance value on the team. It’s a numbers game. Being sentimental about what he can only do in the regular season won’t win Cups.

8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s literally never been my argument though. He is very good in the regular season. I love watching him during the year. The stuff he does that makes him good then, that everyone gets to fawn over, makes him bleh in the playoffs. Those passing lanes he makes 90% of his creative plays and slick passes are taken away.

In a vacuum, he’s not necessarily a “negative” presence in the playoffs, but in comparison to what he is in the regular season and what he counts against the cap, it’s probably the worst comparative performance drop and dollar-to-performance value on the team. It’s a numbers game. Being sentimental about what he can only do in the regular season won’t win Cups.

Neither will ostracism or "taking away his toys".

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

Neither will ostracism or "taking away his toys".

92 points and had zero chemistry with whom he played with this past season. 29 goals, but people act like hes popping in 18.

The fact that people are ripping into Panarin as hard as they are really need to step back and do a little more thinking. He's scoring 92 points and looks like shit, with mostly Trocheck. What can he do if paired with another center and an actual RW? 

Fucking guy had a career best 96 points with Dryden god damn Hunt as his RW. He didn't have a constant RW last year, EVEN WHEN THEY GOT 2 GUYS HE IS KNOWN TO HAVE CHEMISTRY WITH!! But let's play him on the 4th line to teach him a lesson. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

92 points and had zero chemistry with whom he played with this past season. 29 goals, but people act like hes popping in 18.

The fact that people are ripping into Panarin as hard as they are really need to step back and do a little more thinking. He's scoring 92 points and looks like shit, with mostly Trocheck. What can he do if paired with another center and an actual RW? 

Fucking guy had a career best 96 points with Dryden god damn Hunt as his RW. He didn't have a constant RW last year, EVEN WHEN THEY GOT 2 GUYS HE IS KNOWN TO HAVE CHEMISTRY WITH!! But let's play him on the 4th line to teach him a lesson. 

To be fair, I think the people who want to hard ball Panarin to that degree are suggesting to do it under the scenario where the Rangers want to trade him but Panarin is being completely inflexible about it. It’s not a move that’s made in a vacuum just to hate on the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Someone posted earlier in the thread that it's scheduled for Tuesday. I think 11AM.

Yea just found it:

Laviolette will officially be introduced as the Rangers’ 37th head coach in franchise historyTuesday in Tarrytown, so Drury’s schedule should free up for those conversations after that.

According to brooks