• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: Rangers Fire Long-time Athletic Trainer Jim Ramsay

Phil

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

I highly doubt Rammer would be the guy going through Kane's medical/injury reports and greenlighting that aspect of a trade. Pretty sure they have access to dedicated physicians for that.

Possibly but once he got here and continued playing; that may be the part where the onus falls on him.

58 year olds are always at risk.  They're usually very expensive compared to a likely new hire.  It's also entirely possible that room is being made for a desired hire for the next head coach however sometimes it's just time.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

58 year olds are always at risk.  They're usually very expensive compared to a likely new hire.  It's also entirely possible that room is being made for a desired hire for the next head coach however sometimes it's just time.

I hope there’s truth in this and not some nefarious shit that Ramsey was up to. 

• Believe 2

Just now, phillyb said:

God I hope so

Though not too many guys keep jobs for 30 years at the highest levels of professional sports if they have low character 

Just now, phillyb said:

If you polled the board probably 50% would support the notion that he was running a donut-smuggling ring bringing Big Sugar into the lockerroom.

But it's probably not anything that serious.

26 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I just figured it out, Philly!!  Check this out:

Ramsay was caught slipping roofies into the Gatorade behind the bench during Game 5 of the Devil's series.  This in turn caused the Rangers to play like shit and go into a hypnotic trance that caused the disastrous collapse, making them play like morons and lose.

Turns out Igor was immune to the drug, and the "S" on his chest repelled any and all toxic substances ingested.

Apparently the drugs affected Fox, Panarin, and Zibby the most.

The drug is known to wear off immediately after a new coach is named.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  😉

• LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I just figured it out, Philly!!  Check this out:

Ramsay was caught slipping roofies into the Gatorade behind the bench during Game 5 of the Devil's series.  This in turn caused the Rangers to play like shit and go into a hypnotic trance that caused the disastrous collapse, making them play like morons and lose.

Turns out Igor was immune to the drug, and the "S" on his chest repelled any and all toxic substances ingested.

Apparently the drugs affected Fox, Panarin, and Zibby the most.

The drug is known to wear off immediately after a new coach is named.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  😉

I know you’re day drinking without a doubt, but are you on drugs too? Lol

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 3

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

I bet Kane shouldn't have been acquired or be allowed to play but he somehow vouched that Kane would be okay to play. That's my guess. Drury saw it as incompetence and unacceptable as a professional.

That or the opposite.  He said damaged goods and Drury said tape him up. 

Gotta figure there are other injuries that the trainer was uncomfortable clearing. Possibly Lindgrens shoulder. Gauthiers concussion.  Other things we don't know about. 

The Rangers are pretty tight with the training staff. These guys have been here for years as we're the people they replaced. 

Obviously there's always a time to change things up or to say goodbye.  This is kinda strange though. 

Clearing the spot so Knob can bring his own guy in? 😀

Rammer's time machine failed with a broken Kane hence he was shown the door?

Curious move for sure, seems to have been the least of their problems.

I wonder at some point if Allaire just says fuck it (maybe when Igor's contract is up) and says check please. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

That or the opposite.  He said damaged goods and Drury said tape him up. 

Gotta figure there are other injuries that the trainer was uncomfortable clearing. Possibly Lindgrens shoulder. Gauthiers concussion.  Other things we don't know about. 

The Rangers are pretty tight with the training staff. These guys have been here for years as we're the people they replaced. 

Obviously there's always a time to change things up or to say goodbye.  This is kinda strange though. 

So your theory is that Drury ordered him to clear players to play when the weren't ready and, instead of keeping him employed to keep him quiet, he fires him?

33 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

So your theory is that Drury ordered him to clear players to play when the weren't ready and, instead of keeping him employed to keep him quiet, he fires him?

I can't believe how many full-blown made up fictional stories are out there right now.

Jesus Christ, when did speculation become something straight out of the Twilight zone? 

• LOL 1

I feel like Drury wants these guys uncomfortable coming back next year for a fresh start completely. This could be good..... I don't hate the idea.

Or Jim Ramsey was stealing pucks and they caught him red handed!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I feel like Drury wants these guys uncomfortable coming back next year for a fresh start completely. This could be good..... I don't hate the idea.

Or Jim Ramsey was stealing pucks and they caught him red handed!!!

There is a good argument to be made for having the entire coaching staff outside of Benoit be prickly pears that keep the players on their toes.  This is because outside of Igor nobody is giving the Rangers 100% of their capabilities right now.

I love Mika but he's capable of more at 5v5 than we've seen.  Same for Fox and definitely the same for Panarin.