• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: Rangers Fire Long-time Athletic Trainer Jim Ramsay

Phil

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Is there supposed to be something in this huge void that I am not seeing or did you just hit "enter" a bunch of times for no reason?

Frig, posting the hyperlink to his Twitter ended up embedding his entire lot of tweets/replies lol 

• LMFAO 1

5 hours ago, Long live the King said:

So your theory is that Drury ordered him to clear players to play when the weren't ready and, instead of keeping him employed to keep him quiet, he fires him?

Yes. Exactly that. Totally.  

Are you even looking at what I'm responding to?  Did you finish reading my response? 

Part of me thinks:

Drury made the trade. Ramsay doesn't ok the physical to make the trade. He just deals with ailments  

Kane probably doesn't pass any physical to be traded. Then doesn't meet trainers ok to play after multiple complaints about nagging but severe injury.  Plays anyway.  

Ramsay says, "why the fuck do I bother to be here, when I can't do my job, you and this asshole coach dont listen..", Drury says "You don't have to be here, bye." 

It's not a money thing.  It's not doing a bad job thing. There's a disagreement here. 

Or like I fucking said  maybe it's just time to move on and day goodbye.

God forbid we speculate on what happened?

How about contributing what YOU think is the cause of this? 

Edited by The Dude

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yes. Exactly that. Totally.  

Are you even looking at what I'm responding to?  Did you finish reading my response? 

Part of me thinks:

Drury made the trade. Ramsay doesn't ok the physical to make the trade. He just deals with ailments  

Kane probably doesn't pass any physical to be traded. Then doesn't meet trainers ok to play after multiple complaints about nagging but severe injury.  Plays anyway.  

Ramsay says, "why the fuck do I bother to be here, when I can't do my job, you and this asshole coach dont listen..", Drury says "You don't have to be here, bye." 

It's not a money thing.  It's not doing a bad job thing. There's a disagreement here. 

Or like I fucking said  maybe it's just time to move on and day goodbye.

God forbid we speculate on what happened?

How about contributing what YOU think is the cause of this? 

What's the point of making up a completely fictitious scenario, in such detail, for something that's so highly unlikely to have happened? 

• Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

What's the point of making up a completely fictitious scenario, in such detail, for something that's so highly unlikely to have happened? 

The Rangers canned a recognizable employee of almost 30 years without any reasoning provided. What do you expect?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Rangers canned a recognizable employee of almost 30 years without any reasoning provided. What do you expect?

Don't know. Maybe wait for the facts rather than completely fabricate a scenario based on zero evidence but tons of details down to dialog? Seems excessive.

• Applause 1

12 hours ago, Pete said:

So, did you write this post without thinking about the 2 weeks worth of made up fictitious scenarios, about player exit meetings you have been making up or did you just not care? 

It's funny how it's all serious and wrong to speculate on issues, but it's all good to do it when you do it. 

It's a message board. Speculation is a lot of what happens here. This isn't you're 1st week on the internet.  So, please stop getting all high and mighty, when people do exactly what you do. 

Edited by The Dude

"Let go" is pretty broad, was he fired? Was it a mutual decision? Was it a financial negotiation that broke down?  For all we know he decided to leave for personal reasons, and the team "let him go" so he can collect on the remainder of a contract (like unemployment).  Hopefully at some point we'll get the full story, the fact that he hasn't said anything (or the team hasn't really elaborated) makes me think it was wasn't a "firing".  But WTF do I know, I picked Rangers/Oilers in the finals........

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Don't know. Maybe wait for the facts rather than completely fabricate a scenario based on zero evidence but tons of details down to dialog? Seems excessive.

Seriously?   Like I'm investigating here and planting evidence?

Dude. It's conversation. Made up jokey dialog. Get a grip. 

Did you even read the other part of the post that brings up another possibility that it was just time to move on?  Why no scolding attention to detail there? 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So, did you write this post without thinking about the 2 weeks worth of made up fictitious scenarios, about player exit meetings you have been making up or did you just not care? 

It's funny how it's all serious and wrong to speculate on issues, but it's all good to do it when you do it. 

It's a message board. Speculation is a lot of what happens here. This isn't you're 1st week on the internet.  So, please stop getting all high and mighty, when people do exactly what you do. 

I didn't make anything up about exit interviews lol. I posted quotes.

The only thing you do that's similar to what I do is be stubborn as shit, but I'm stubborn about shit that's rooted in reality, and you're stubborn as shit about your fantasies. 

You're completely fabricating a scenario... But I need to get a grip? You're upset that people are coming at you and I'm telling you why, you're making shit up and it's silly. Do with it what you will. 

Edited by Pete

7 hours ago, Pete said:

I didn't make anything up about exit interviews lol. I posted quotes.

The only thing you do that's similar to what I do is be stubborn as shit, but I'm stubborn about shit that's rooted in reality, and you're stubborn as shit about your fantasies. 

You're completely fabricating a scenario... But I need to get a grip? You're upset that people are coming at you and I'm telling you why, you're making shit up and it's silly. Do with it what you will. 

You made up that players quotes to the media meant more than they actually did. You inferred that what they were saying meant some hidden message. Talk  about fabrication. 

I'm upset about nothing. I'm just pointing out Pete hypocrisy. 

Yes, I'm making it up. It's a speculation. It's a thought of scenario. Just like the scenario where I said it's also possible that they just wanted to move on. No where was I (seriously and deeply) saying that scenario is definitely what happened. 

I'm not sure your disconnect. I see 2 people coming at me. You and LLTK. Stop acting like its me vs the board, when it me a few others against you 2.  Theres more thoughts from others about the situation here than you care to notice.  Most thinking this is an odd separation. 

Sorry you don't like speculation.... Well...speculation when it's about Drury or Kane.

Trouba, Gallant and everyone under the sun that you love to speculate on is fine  God forbid it's done about someone you have allegiance to. Then it's tons of details and dialog.  It's comical. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

You made up that players quotes to the media meant more than they actually did. You inferred that what they were saying meant some hidden message. Talk  about fabrication. 

I'm upset about nothing. I'm just pointing out Pete hypocrisy. 

Yes, I'm making it up. It's a speculation. It's a thought of scenario. Just like the scenario where I said it's also possible that they just wanted to move on. No where was I (seriously and deeply) saying that scenario is definitely what happened. 

I'm not sure your disconnect. I see 2 people coming at me. You and LLTK. Stop acting like its me vs the board, when it me a few others against you 2.  Theres more thoughts from others about the situation here than you care to notice.  Most thinking this is an odd separation. 

Sorry you don't like speculation.... Well...speculation when it's about Drury or Kane.

Trouba, Gallant and everyone under the sun that you love to speculate on is fine  God forbid it's done about someone you have allegiance to. Then it's tons of details and dialog.  It's comical. 

You have a wild imagination my guy.

About me, and about Ramsey. 

Nhl Playoffs Kiss GIF by NHL

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

So wild. Hey, what were saying about fabricating a scenario and making up dialog? 

Oh yeah. That's good. Thanks. 

It's impressive that you don't understand the difference between what you're doing, and what I'm doing. It's like you're going out of your way to be ignorant. 

• LOL 1

• 1 month later...

The whole thing is mystifying to me. Did they want to clean house that much? He's been a staple here for 30 years and it's not like injuries have been a huge problem for this group. He kind of deserved to go out on his own terms here. I'd also love to see who they pick as his replacement. They must have a good idea if they didn't waste any time in choosing to let Ramsey walk.

• 1 month later...

Andy Hosler was hired as head athletic trainer. Hosler returns to the league after two years at Michigan State to succeed longtime trainer Jim Ramsay, who had worked in that role since the mid-1990s.

Hosler previously spent 14 years with the Nashville Predators, including 2013-21 as their head trainer.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38257846/new-york-rangers-hire-hall-famer-angela-ruggiero-adviser

• TroCheckmark 1

• 5 months later...

I wish we knew what the fuck happened here. He was here for almost 30 years. People like him are the ones that are there all hours of the day and night doing so much behind the scenes. And as far as I know, there was no welcome back tribute by the organization to him? Good on the players for showing him respect. But this whole situation is so bizarre. 28 years with one organization and then just gone out of no where and no love shown upon a return? Seriously, what the fuck actually happened?

• Bullseye 1

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That's a good point about no welcome back video. The guy is a legendary staff member around these parts. Indeed very odd. Something definitely happened. What that is, we'll never really know.

I went to the game vs. the Flames last week, they even acknowledged Kevin Rooney on the video board.

• LMFAO 2

A video would have had all kinds of potential..

In Sam voice: "A trip down memory lane with Jim Ramsay...  Here we see Jim combing a knot out of Ron Dugay's hair. And who could forget that game in Hartord in 85 where Jim accidently duct taped Kelly Kisio's nutsack to his leg after Kevin Dineen slapper split his cup in half- what a card... Here's Jim mixing up his world famous "Brownie Batter" laxative shake for Marcel Dionne back in 88. It wasn't all ice-cream and roses for Jim, here we see him irrigating Tom Poti's vagina, trying to get all that pesky sand out. Thanks for 30 years Jim, we'd have been screwed without ya!"  

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

A video would have had all kinds of potential..

In Sam voice: "A trip down memory lane with Jim Ramsay...  Here we see Jim combing a knot out of Ron Dugay's hair. And who could forget that game in Hartord in 85 where Jim accidently duct taped Kelly Kisio's nutsack to his leg after Kevin Dineen slapper split his cup in half- what a card... Here's Jim mixing up his world famous "Brownie Batter" laxative shake for Marcel Dionne back in 88. It wasn't all ice-cream and roses for Jim, here we see him irrigating Tom Poti's vagina, trying to get all that pesky sand out. Thanks for 30 years Jim, we'd have been screwed without ya!"  

No but come on, you know what I meant. The guy was here for 30 years just about. And was well respected and well known in these parts. And then poof, gone. No reasoning or anything. Just very bizarre behavior by an organization that usually does right by everyone in it. Trainers included.