• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tempe Voters Reject Coyotes Entertainment District and Arena; Relocation Next?

Phil

On 3/24/2022 at 4:14 PM, Phil said:

Couldn't read as I am not a subscriber but just based off of your quoted alone this is getting beyond comical now.  It is absolutely pathetically unprofessional.

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Couldn't read as I am not a subscriber but just based off of your quoted alone this is getting beyond comical now.  It is absolutely pathetically unprofessional.

It's comical. Walking across the street to shower? Chelsea Piers has a better setup. 

• Keeps it 100 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 3:43 PM, jsrangers said:

They're going to play NHL games in a local rink. Disgraceful. How much longer does the NHL have to keep this Arizona charade going? Classic case of good money after bad. This isn't even a "stadium deal". No reason they could not pick up and move to Houston or Quebec right now. Bettman allowed this "cost certainty" nonsense to kill a season in large part to keep this team in Arizona; it's now well past malfeasance. He's costing players and owners money. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On mobile so I don’t have the link and quotes and all that, but the Athletic article has some of the terms of the deal with ASU. 

The funniest one I saw was that they can’t modify the on-ice ads and all revenue goes to ASU. And the center ice logo stays the ASU logo

9 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

On mobile so I don’t have the link and quotes and all that, but the Athletic article has some of the terms of the deal with ASU. 

The funniest one I saw was that they can’t modify the on-ice ads and all revenue goes to ASU. And the center ice logo stays the ASU logo

That's NCAA stuff.

I think this is actually pretty cool. Big euro football clubs play in small venues all the time. The intimacy will be unmatched.

All other NHL rinks are functionally the same boring corporate mosoleums, now theirs isn't. There will be demand.

This kind of thing happened in the CFL a decade ago, or so. Moving from 60,000 seat football stadiums, to 20,000. The demand improved, and the product was better.

Probably be better in the 9-11k range, but this is what they have to work with.

Edited by Dunny

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Lmao I hope that’s true 

25 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I think this is actually pretty cool. Big euro football clubs play in small venues all the time. The intimacy will be unmatched.

All other NHL rinks are functionally the same boring corporate mosoleums, now theirs isn't. There will be demand.

This kind of thing happened in the CFL a decade ago, or so. Moving from 60,000 seat football stadiums, to 20,000. The demand improved, and the product was better.

When the Nets moved to NJ they played their first 4 seasons at Rutgers.  My grandparents were close friends with Tom Young the RU coach so somehow we ended up with season tickets to both for a few seasons. The first season the Nets didn't draw flies, under 4500 I believe.  People truly didn't give a shit. Almost felt bad for the players. Only cool thing I remember was it being Bernard Kings rookie season and they sold of Dr. J going into that season if I remember right.

No disrespect to yesteryear and the way it might have been back in the day when other teams moved to different markets. But, I mean this is just a pathetic stain on the NHL. Just move this poverty franchise. The measures being taken to ensure their heads remain above water, at this point, is just absurd.

12 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

They should have a big logo of a steaming pile of shit at center ice.  ...Would be more fitting!  LOL

• LMFAO 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:20 PM, Dunny said:

I was with you, right up to "there will be demand." I have a really tough time buying that, because teams can only sell wins or hope, and that roster sells neither.

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

I was with you, right up to "there will be demand." I have a really tough time buying that, because teams can only sell wins or hope, and that roster sells neither.

I think there's demand because of the limited seats, only. Artificial demand probably, but demand none the less 

45 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I think there's demand because of the limited seats, only. Artificial demand probably, but demand none the less 

Again, they can't sell wins or hope, and the ticket cost is reportedly even higher due to the limited seating.

I'm just not seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...