• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be Our Hero?

Keirik

I don't want to hear an answer of no one. I don't want to hear that it's too late. I don't want to hear any bullshit about this team not moving on to the next round. 

Who is going to step up and be that moment in history? Who is going to go down in Rangers lore?  Who are we going to talk about 20 years from now as being that guy that took the game over and showed us all the way? 

Believe. 

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

Kids have been pretty much inert over the past three games, but I'm going to take a stab with Kakko, who could grind his way to a scoring opportunity and cash it in with good hands (he's so perplexing, with great hands occasionally and cement mitts other times).

Yeah there's just one legit answer here and it's Zibanejad. We're gonna need Igor to be Vezina Igor, we're gonna need some depth scoring from the kids and/or the 4th line, it sure would be nice with a goal from Panarin, but the only one capable of turning this around is Zibanejad.

He had 3 goals and 4 assist in game 6 & 7 against Penguins last season after being MIA for the first 5 games. It's time to do it again.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

If the team is going to win, Zib has to score. They go as he goes. 

This dude's been saying this all year, and you know what?  He's right! 

Fuck it!  If it ain't Zibby....IT AIN'T happenin'!

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

AKIRA SCHMID!!!!

He remembers he's a replacement level American League goalie and gets shelled for 5 at MSG.. Lindy does Lindy things and comes back in game 7 with a less than confident Vanacek. 2 1st period goals by Chytil and Miller, Gallant calls in the turtle D in the 2nd, and Igor stands on his head for the last 40. EN goal with 1:30 left by Trocheck.. On to Carolina. 

• Believe 3

I'm going to hop on the Mika bandwagon. He just needs to be better. All of these games the Rangers have lost, with the exception of last night, have been close. One or two Zibanejad goals could have made all the difference in the world. Like, the series could be over by now. lol

• Believe 1

I just keep getting the feeling that it's NOT the roster that's the problem.  This is a really good team.

I just have the feeling that they have come to the realization that their coach has lost them...."Play fucking Harder" is not a strategy in my opinion.

Lindy Ruff, is no Rhodes Scholar by any stretch, but we're making it look like he's fucking Einstein!  He changed their forecheck, and changed how they approach the PK a little bit better, and he totally baffled us!

If Gallant had half a brain they would be trying new power play combinations out today and working on dump and chasing.

I would look into a first unit of Zibby, Kreider, Fox, Chytil & Tarasenko

2nd unit Panarin, Kane, Trochek, Kakko & Miller.

Doesn't hurt to try some new units at this point.

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

I don't want to hear an answer of no one. I don't want to hear that it's too late. I don't want to hear any bullshit about this team not moving on to the next round. 

Who is going to step up and be that moment in history? Who is going to go down in Rangers lore?  Who are we going to talk about 20 years from now as being that guy that took the game over and showed us all the way? 

Believe. 

Igor has to steal game 6. And go from there. 

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I just keep getting the feeling that it's NOT the roster that's the problem.  This is a really good team.

I just have the feeling that they have come to the realization that their coach has lost them...."Play fucking Harder" is not a strategy in my opinion.

Lindy Ruff, is no Rhodes Scholar by any stretch, but we're making it look like he's fucking Einstein!  He changed their forecheck, and changed how they approach the PK a little bit better, and he totally baffled us!

Found myself going down a wormhole of watching old Coach Quinn videos. And it's the same shit. If 2 professional NHL coaches cannot get through to the Rangers' 2 biggest stars that this perimeter bullshit only gets you so far, what is ever going to change? Really don't get these guys at all. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

41 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Rangers have a total of 2 goals in the last 3 games. It would basically have to be a 1-0 game?

I think that's basically what he's implying. That Igor has to have a Superman game and basically stonewall everything from the Devils to make up for the Rangers offensive shortcomings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Igor

That's just the Last Stand at the Alamo scenario where Igor is brilliant but can't stop them all.

The problem with the Rangers right now is that they are not scoring.  They need to fix that in a hurry or this team goes home and when they reassemble next year they look very different.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

That's just the Last Stand at the Alamo scenario where Igor is brilliant but can't stop them all.

The problem with the Rangers right now is that they are not scoring.  They need to fix that in a hurry or this team goes home and when they reassemble next year they look very different.

They’re not scoring is the exact reason Igor will be the hero