• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Devils Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. LGR!

9 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Over confidence and the inability to adjust to the Devils adjustments cost them games 3 & 4.  Game 5 is a must win now.

It's funny because we have said that for games 3,4 and now 5. We went from must wins to stomp their confidence, to must wins to stay in this series and POSSIBLY advance. Sad state of affairs for these past couple games.

There's no "must win" game before we eventually lose one more. If there's one thing this team has shown it's that they're never out. I was sure they were done when down 1-3 vs Pens last year, I also thought they were done when down 0-2 to Canes.

They've been like this forever. Obviously not a great trait, but it seems like they must have their backs against the wall to perform. I still believe they can win this series and I would still have us as favorites.

I've lost a bit confidence in them going all the way, but crazier things have happened.

They're losing because they refuse to score the greasy goal. There's really no other reason, sure GG is making bonehead decisions, zib is now cold, but they can't score more than one goal off of a 23-year-old rookie goalie playing his first playoffs.

Meanwhile two games in a row we've seen devils crashing full speed into our goalie. 

Think about that for a little bit. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

but they can't score more than one goal off of a 23-year-old rookie goalie playing his first playoffs

And it's not like he's prime Dom Haseking them either. Not to take anything away from him, he's been very solid, but they've made it incredibly easy. All perimeter stuff, no traffic, no crashing the net, literally nothing bar the Trochek goal from high danger areas. 

The bottom line is when your highly paid stars go 0/10 on the pp and do the square root of fuck all in two straight home games you're going to be in trouble. 

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Fucking look at this. Pathetic.

This team when it's going badly makes the same mistakes over and over; fancy passing instead of shots, no bodies i f o the net, not resting a young goalie (allowing his confidence to grow)failure of the top dogs to do anything. Panarin and Mika are simply not getting it done and if that doesn't change not much else matters.

Zibanejad needs a winger that can help him with puck possession, Kreider and Kane are invisible and basically useless 5v5. Mika has to do all the heavy lifting himself. Re-gain the puck, carry the puck in to the zone and finish the attack. He gets no help.

Try something new:

Kreider/Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko

Panarin/Kreider - Trocheck - Tarasenko

Lafreniere - Chytil - Kane

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

IDK Why we stopped throwing the body these last 2 games

I don't think we were bad in game 3 and should have won but last night there was no excuse for that lackluster play and lack or any type of urgency.

Almost looks like after taking 1-2 they thought they had the series wrapped up. 

Agreed. Excellent in games 1-2. And they were the better team in game 3 as well, just didn’t find a way to win, which happens at times, especially vs good teams. But last night they were asleep. 

Im still confident they win this series though.

Just another day in the life of our Love/Hate relationship with this team.....

Seriously fellas, did we think it would be easy??  It never is!  Yeah, we played like shit the last 2 games, but we'll be back.

We're in this all the way, and they'll get their shit together.  Players will step up, and so will the coach.  Hang tough boys!!!  We got this!

• Believe 2

14 minutes ago, Butcher Icebone said:

We will win. We will advance. This is merely a smack from being over confident. We have been humbled. Kick it into over drive boys. 

Exactly!  This new dude's got the right idea....(as long as you're not booking any flights that is!!!  Sorry, a little inside joke for @Phil and the mods!  LOL)

...and welcome to the site!!!!  This crew is fabulous...we just get a little emotional when our team plays like a bunch of window-lickers! 

But yeah!  Welcome aboard!

Edited by Ozzy

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Zibanejad needs a winger that can help him with puck possession, Kreider and Kane are invisible and basically useless 5v5. Mika has to do all the heavy lifting himself. Re-gain the puck, carry the puck in to the zone and finish the attack. He gets no help.

Try something new:

Kreider/Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko

Panarin/Kreider - Trocheck - Tarasenko

Lafreniere - Chytil - Kane

kane looks like a really good 4th liner to me, right now.   gd knows how they can turn a blind eye and keep him on pp1, when Tarasenko is the clear cut better player, by alot.

i think vesey might even be the better player...

I can definitely say that I was overconfident going into this series solely labeling the Devils' playoff inexperience as a major roadblock for them. But the Jekyll n Hyde Rangers are back and never make things easy. 

Going up 2-0 at the rock gave me an inflated sense of confidence, but going back to what I actually chose in my bracket (not the thread lol), I have Rangers in 7 and now that I've slept on last night's loss, I can say that I definitely didn't think this series was going to be easy. 

The stifled offense in games 3 and 4 though...OOF. 

• Cheers 1