• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Devils Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. LGR!

6 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Kreids-Tro-Vesey

Goodrow-Zib-Tarasenko

Panarin-Chytil-Kakko

Laf-Motte-Kane

^^^Jumble this up. Put some jump on each line. Change it up.

PP1- Zib, Tarasenko, Kreider, Panarin and Fox

PP2- Chytil, Kakko, Goodrow, Kane and Mikkola

No Trocheck on either PP? 

If any other D men should be pushed up into a PP unit, it's Miller or Schneider. I like Mikkola,  but not on the PP. I've been loving Schneiders "big" style of play,  while also doing good things while carrying the puck. 

I think Miller needs to step up in this elimination game and take over on a lot of rushes. He's at his best when he's carrying the puck and taking it deep. He can draw defenders to him, giving shooting lanes to forwards.,

Problem is the forwards need to get to the middle and front of the net to have this work.  Itd be nice and easy to slide passes to someone  in the slot, the side of the net, infront of the net... the hard places... Right now, only Trocheck is going to these areas. Not sure where Tarasenko has been in the last 2 games. That's typically his wheelhouse.  It could be a spot to work Goodrow into. 

5 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I hate this coach now.  Seriously. Lafrenière has been just as useless and weak as Kane, but they are bith jacked up to the 2nd line? 

Goodrow should be slid up. Lafrenière or Kane should be scratched in favor of JBrod or even shitty Leschyshyn. 

Panarin- Zibanejad- Tarasenko 

Kreider- Trocheck- Goodrow 

Vesey- Chytil- Kakko 

Lafrenière- Leschyshyn- Motte

Or

Goodrow- Zibanejad- Kane

Panarin- Chytil- Tarasenko 

Kreider- Trocheck- Kakko 

Vesey- Leschyshyn- Motte

Panarin doesn't mesh with Kakko. Lafrenière has been terrible, weak and slow. Kane was damaged goods and it shows. 

Why are they keeping Kreider Zib and Tarasenko together? They've generated nothing for 3 straight.

Gallant is so unimaginative with his line shake ups. He doesn't use any new combinations.  His "new" line constructions never make sense and typically reward the wrong players with more playing time.

The only players who deserve a bigger role after these lastb3 games are, Kakko and Goodrow. The players who deserve to be pushed down or out are Lafrenière and Kane. Kane having the playoff pedigree, I guess.... stays in. 

This dumb dick scratched Kakko for Hunt last year in an elimination game. Here he's giving useless Lafrenière more time to disappoint and get totally out matched. 

I have shit on Goodrow for most of this season.  THAT guy is playing with playoff energy. THAT guy deserves to play more. 

Gallant evaluates his roster extremely poorly and as a players coach, he oddly has zero feel for the pulse of his roster. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

So Kane is the problem with 6 points, tied with Kreider and Fox. Except he's a +1 and they're a 0. This playoff team is not worse with Kane, they're worse with themselves. The Kane blame is so overblown.

He's been brutal. No spark. No hustle.  Pucks die on his stick and when they do, his reaction is to give zero extra effort to correct it on the spot. Often just standing there admiring his shitty decision.

Hes damaged goods. Hence, why he sat a couple of the last regular season games. He's not a difference maker right now. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's been brutal. No spark. No hustle.  Pucks die on his stick and when they do, his reaction is to give zero extra effort to correct it on the spot. Often just standing there admiring his shitty decision.

Hes damaged goods. Hence, why he sat a couple of the last regular season games. He's not a difference maker right now. 

Blasting Kane while saying nothing for how inexcusably bad Panarin has been all series makes no sense to me.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Blasting Kane while saying nothing for how inexcusably bad Panarin has been all series makes no sense to me.

I've liked how Panarin has played. I've said so multiple times. 

He's getting opportunities and isn't shying away from contact. He's involved in most scoring chances. I notice him carrying the puck and giving effort.  IMO, Kane gives effort maybe 40% of the time. He does absolutely nothing at even strength.  

One is snake bit,  is flying all over the ice and forechecks. 

The other floats and has had maybe 2 drives to the net and scored on 1. 3 of his assists are on the PP, where Kreider did the magic.  

Right now, I'd rather see Panarin on the ice more than Kane.  It's not even close as far as eye test and effort level goes. Kane is nrar or at the bottom of the list for consistent effort given. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Dude said:

He's getting opportunities and isn't shying away from contact. He's involved in most scoring chances. I notice him carrying the puck and giving effort.  IMO, Kane gives effort maybe 40% of the time. He does absolutely nothing at even strength.  

The other floats and has had maybe 2 drives to the net and scored on 1. 3 of his assists are on the PP, where Kreider did the magic.  

Right now, I'd rather see Panarin on the ice more than Kane.  It's not even close as far as eye test and effort level goes. Kane is nrar or at the bottom of the list for consistent effort given. 

This is 2 straight years that hes “snake bitten” come playoff time. He missed the net on a clear cut breakaway in Game 3.

Panarin is paid more than just about every single person in this league yearly outside of McDavid and MacKinnon. He simply needs to be better. Giving effort and not shying away from contact is simply not good enough for a player like this. There needs to be production, and this is now 2 years where come playoff time, for whatever reason, the production just isn’t there. And that is a massive, massive issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

This is a man that is out of ideas.

I mean, I want a new coach, too, but I don't blame him for this.

What is he supposed to say? This is a super team with a combined like thousand games of playoff experience. You shouldn't need a coach to give you an "I believe in you" speech to get them going. It's on the players. They're either going to do it or they won't, but Gallant's outta bullets. He shit all over them after game four and they answered by getting shut out and out-shot 20-2 in the third period of a game that's put them on the brink.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is 2 straight years that hes “snake bitten” come playoff time. He missed the net on a clear cut breakaway in Game 3.

Panarin is paid more than just about every single person in this league yearly outside of McDavid and MacKinnon. He simply needs to be better. Giving effort and not shying away from contact is simply not good enough for a player like this. There needs to be production, and this is now 2 years where come playoff time, for whatever reason, the production just isn’t there. And that is a massive, massive issue.

Well, he's playing better than he did last season. He's not the perimeter pussy he was last playoffs. He was invisible, not snakebitten. Soley stayed on the perimeter, wasnt shooting etc. .This year, he's the only guy getting good chances and doing all the things I said. There's improvement, despite what the scoresheet says. To me it's a totally different player from last year's playoffs. I can't combine the 2 seasons and say it's the same. He's playing different and IMO better  

Shit, look at Panarins playoff stats from last season (16 pointsin 20 games). Kane is a different version of last year's Panarin in the playoffs. Not doing much, yet still shows up on the scoresheet. 

Panarin is playing better hockey than Kane is. It's that simple. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well, he's playing better than he did last season. He's not the perimeter pussy he was last playoffs. He was invisible, not snakebitten. Soley stayed on the perimeter, wasnt shooting etc. .This year, he's the only guy getting good chances and doing all the things I said. There's improvement, despite what the scoresheet says. To me it's a totally different player from last year's playoffs. I can't combine the 2 seasons and say it's the same. He's playing different and IMO better  

Shit, look at Panarins playoff stats from last season (16 pointsin 20 games). Kane is a different version of last year's Panarin in the playoffs. Not doing much, yet still shows up on the scoresheet. 

Panarin is playing better hockey than Kane is. It's that simple. 

I mean, it’s really not. That’s an opinion. If we’re going based off points, which mean a lot come playoff time, then he isn’t. Panarin has been fucking brutal across 5 games. If you can justify it because you think he’s got a bit more jump than Kane, then so be it. But Panarin is not playing good right now at all. And I think even Bread himself would say that.

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, I want a new coach, too, but I don't blame him for this.

What is he supposed to say? This is a super team with a combined like thousand games of playoff experience. You shouldn't need a coach to give you an "I believe in you" speech to get them going. It's on the players. They're either going to do it or they won't, but Gallant's outta bullets. He shit all over them after game four and they answered by getting shut out and out-shot 20-2 in the third period of a game that's put them on the brink.

Yep. Agreed. And like Friedman said today, he said what he said after Game 4. He can’t go back to that well again. No coach would. That would basically be like waving a white flag.

Listen, there is a chance that this team finally responds tomorrow now that their backs are literally up against a wall. We saw they are a tough team to finally put to sleep last year. That being said, the effort level and morale are at an all-season low IMO. Which makes me angry and disappointed in the group, specifically the leaders, because all season we’ve heard them preach about how they can’t wait to finally get back to this point and play in games that matter. Even through the early season struggles, it felt like they were waiting to flip the switch for this point. And now that we’re here, many of them just haven’t done it. 

Very disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Not making excuses but that look on Kanes face screams back pain 

or two minutes before turning green and looking for brains to eat

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I mean, it’s really not. That’s an opinion. If we’re going based off points, which mean a lot come playoff time, then he isn’t. Panarin has been fucking brutal across 5 games. If you can justify it because you think he’s got a bit more jump than Kane, then so be it. But Panarin is not playing good right now at all. And I think even Bread himself would say that.

But the points say otherwise for his performance from last year, where you said he was terrible (he was).

Which is it? Stats matter or they don't? 16 points in 20 games looks good on paper. But he really stunk. I'm not sure how this doesn't apply to Kane. 

Ah well, fine. My opinion is that he's getting dialed in and is playing better hockey this post season vs last post season  AND is doing more than Kane is. AND Kane is fucking putrid AND Kane doesn't move any needle. 

Both these fucks have to be better. But Panarin is a shit ton closer to better than Kane is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But the points say otherwise for his performance from last year, where you said he was terrible (he was).

Which is it? Stats matter or they don't? 16 points in 20 games looks good on paper. But he really stunk. I'm not sure how this doesn't apply to Kane. 

Ah well, fine. My opinion is that he's getting dialed in and is playing better hockey this post season vs last post season  AND is doing more than Kane is. AND Kane is fucking putrid AND Kane doesn't move any needle. 

Both these fucks have to be better. But Panarin is a shit ton closer to better than Kane is. 

I think Kanes back is killing him

bench him and get some fresh legs

Neither Kane nor Panarin have been put in a position to succeed. They've been placed with line mates who don't think the game the same way they do. 

It doesn't matter now, but it was a big mistake thinking they could put any high skill player with Trocheck. Whether you have Kane with him or Panarin with him, it's just not the right fit. The answer seems really obvious as he was playing his best hockey with Krieder and Vesey...

Lafreniere Zib Tara

Panarin Chytil Kane

Kreider Tro Kakko 

• Bullseye 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Neither Kane nor Panarin have been put in a position to succeed. They've been placed with line mates who don't think the game the same way they do. 

It doesn't matter now, but it was a big mistake thinking they could put any high skill player with Trocheck. Whether you have Kane with him or Panarin with him, it's just not the right fit. The answer seems really obvious as he was playing his best hockey with Krieder and Vesey...

Lafreniere Zib Tara

Panarin Chytil Kane

Kreider Tro Kakko 

Panarin and Kane can't even co-exist on the same powerplay let alone the same line.

What has me most curious is what kinda pressure gallant might feel, psychologically or explicitly from higher up, to not significantly demote or altogether scratch kane.

I could understand giving him a shot through game 4, at most. But by then it was certainly obvious to even the most ignorant fan that he's a serious handicap. And leaving him on pp1, no less, when u have a guy like tarasenko waiting in the wings? Thats just pathetic and gutless.