• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#67) Rangers vs. Washington Capitals — Big City Greens

And that concludes the first game all season that didn’t break up on my cellular data at some point. So if you’ve been having trouble with ESPN+ switch over to Hulu for a try. It managed stepping up and down the quality way better. 

Just now, 4EverRangerFrank said:

We saw NYR play a 45-min effort. Could have stepped on their throat but nope. Not in our DNA. Still, we got to see a glimpse of what this team can be. Like it. 

I don't think it was 45 minutes, but they did look good in the 1st and in parts of the 2nd. 3rd was basically trying eat the clock. 2 points is 2 points, now Pittsburgh.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

As long as the real game is on another channel, I would fine with it…

Same as tonight. Do it for the Winter Classic, honestly. Day game, big event. Allows for a ton of cross promotion. Dual broadcast for kids/adults.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Not only cutting from the game immediately, but closing out the game talking about Aaron Rodgers for several minutes. Brutal broadcast.

ESPN thinks who battle to be declared the 69th best college hoops team in all the land is more compelling than the NHL season getting treated with any decency. Really would a 10 minute postgame show be that much a disruption for a college basketball game nobody cares about spare the team playing? 

Just now, Bugg said:

ESPN thinks who battle to be declared the 69th best college hoops team in all the land is more compelling than the NHL season getting treated with any decency. Really would a 10 minute postgame show be that much a disruption for a college basketball game nobody cares about spare the team playing? 

Just an awful idea to bring hockey back there, when they care about it even less than they used to.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Same as tonight. Do it for the Winter Classic, honestly. Day game, big event. Allows for a ton of cross promotion. Dual broadcast for kids/adults.

I can't stand winter classics. The ice seems different, games are to slow (seems that way) and the players don't seem that into it. Give me indoors, with no Disney animation.

13 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

I can't stand winter classics. The ice seems different, games are to slow (seems that way) and the players don't seem that into it. Give me indoors, with no Disney animation.

You're not the target audience. You may not watch, but thousands with young kids will, and it'll boost the odds of those kids becoming future NHL fans.

Just now, Phil said:

You're not the target audience. You may not watch, but thousands with young kids will, and it'll boost the odds of those kids becoming future NHL fans.

I know why they do it, just miss the hockey from 20 years ago. They hope it will boost the odds ...