• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#67) Rangers vs. Washington Capitals — Big City Greens

1 hour ago, ausman said:

I saw Wilson pull down Panarin in open ice. Reached out and grabbed him with his glove, spun him and pulled him down.  No call.  If I see that from my couch what are the guys on the ice with striped shirts doing?

Blowing the whistle for penalties against the Rangers that were nonexistent.

I saw Mika try to skate to the front of the net where he was mugged, but no whistle. Evidently he wasn't mugged hard enough.

Edited by jamsim1967

Always great to see Messier, and tonight it was definitely a breath of fresh air not having Eddie Olczyk shitting all over us!

Of course we have NHL officials to do that.  I thought some of those calls were pretty fucking bad too!

...Anyway here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Pampers, the only invention that can handle the amount of shit called by the referees tonight!

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I want to scream at the clouds because it isn't targeting me. I want to see a Family Guy or South Park version, with voice overlays during interviews and scrums.

Imagine Eric Cartman's voice coming through while interviewing Tom Wilson.

2 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

Shesterkin with the assist ... that's why he's in net

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Kaplan with the hooker eye lashes tonight lol

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Panarin being an asshat yet again 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

They wanted someone to make everyone else look competent on defense. Classic magic trick!

59 minutes ago, siddious said:

What are you on about?

The rangers have a storied history of shitty 3rd pair defensemen that quite frankly they weren’t living up to. 

this is the house of Malik and redden. Purington and Yandle. And now.. this is the house of mikkola. be proud.

57 minutes ago, siddious said:

Daneyko and Messier should have a show together and call it Between Two Bottles!

55 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Are these the same refs from the Penguins game?  asking for a friend

51 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Icing, meet cake

44 minutes ago, siddious said:

lol ESPN couldn’t turn hockey off fast enough I guess 

We're seemingly locked in to our position in the playoffs, but it's pretty great to see this squad is starting to show signs of being able to dominate a period.  Of course we're never going to go without chewing off a few fingernails along the way, but I liked what we showed in the first 2 periods of this one.

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Pete @siddious!!!  Pete barraged the GDT with some pretty funny shit yet again tonight, and takes home the award for the new TV show title that I'll be tuning into for sure!!!

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Always great to see Messier, and tonight it was definitely a breath of fresh air not having Eddie Olczyk shitting all over us!

Of course we have NHL officials to do that.  I thought some of those calls were pretty fucking bad too!

...Anyway here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Pampers, the only invention that can handle the amount of shit called by the referees tonight!

We're seemingly locked in to our position in the playoffs, but it's pretty great to see this squad is starting to show signs of being able to dominate a period.  Of course we're never going to go without chewing off a few fingernails along the way, but I liked what we showed in the first 2 periods of this one.

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Pete @siddious!!!  Pete barraged the GDT with some pretty funny shit yet again tonight, and takes home the award for the new TV show title that I'll be tuning into for sure!!!

nick kroll farts GIF

• LMFAO 1

48 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

majestic the rock GIF

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Too often on ESPN I have to listen to anti-Rangers bullshit from morons like Ray Ferraro. So I’m not about to apologize for Messier showing us lots of love last night.

I can't help it.  I love the guy to death!

Compared to Butch Goring, listening to Messier is absolutely fine by me.  😃

I don't hear any anti Rangers bias from anyone. Nine times out of 10 when the commentators are gushing about another team it's because the other team is playing better.

I think fans get overly sensitive when the national broadcasters are critical of their team, and nobody is more sensitive than Rangers fans. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't hear any anti Rangers bias from anyone. Nine times out of 10 when the commentators are gushing about another team it's because the other team is playing better.

I think fans get overly sensitive when the national broadcasters are critical of their team, and nobody is more sensitive than Rangers fans. 

True that, but it sure did feel good for one night!  😉

Love the Mess!!  Levy too!  I wouldn't mind Levy or Kenny being the voice of the Rangers when Sam hangs it up.

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree 99% of the time But Ferraro takes it to a different level.

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True that, but it sure did feel good for one night!  😉

Love the Mess!!  Levy too!  I wouldn't mind Levy or Kenny being the voice of the Rangers when Sam hangs it up.

I can’t stand levy on the pre and post games but I didn’t mind him doing play by play. It’s gotta be Kenny though if anyone.

26 minutes ago, siddious said:

I agree 99% of the time But Ferraro takes it to a different level.

I can’t stand levy on the pre and post games but I didn’t mind him doing play by play. It’s gotta be Kenny though if anyone.

I actually didn't see any postgame last night, Pete...they cut to some College BBall game instantly!  LOL

But yeah, Kenny is the man.  Levy's play by play is pretty good though!  At least he knows when it hits the post!!  😉

Just now, Ozzy said:

I actually didn't see any postgame last night, Pete...they cut to some College BBall game instantly!  LOL

But yeah, Kenny is the man.  Levy's play by play is pretty good though!  At least he knows when it hits the post!!  😉

Yes I don’t think there was any, and if there was I’m not sure he would have done it considering he did PBP. But he does them usually and for some reason I find him irritating. 

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Yes I don’t think there was any, and if there was I’m not sure he would have done it considering he did PBP. But he does them usually and for some reason I find him irritating. 

I like our commentary at the table a lot better!!!  LOL

• Phil unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Pete said:

Bro Ray Ferraro is the absolute worst with this, otherwise i agree

As much as the Tampa Bay game on Opening Night was the gold standard, to me, the way the Rangers played 95% of that first period is the gold standard for this new group.

It was proof that if and when this group can find their groove consistently, they are going to be extremely deep and extremely (or damn near impossible) difficult to stop. That was 3 lines coming at you in waves, creating chances, drawing penalties and scoring goals. And even throw in the 4th line, which was also very good.

• Believe 3