• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#66) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — Say Hi to Sully for Me

Phil

25 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

GG doesn't know who to use as a scapegoat anymore since VK is gone. So he lets them all duck and cover with no consequences for sucking.

Yes! The Kravtsov excuses live!

I hope you're collecting at least 10% of his next KHL contract before he scutters into anonymity. 

At the end of the day, players not playing for a full 60 have nobody to blame but themselves. I have my problems with Gallant, but blaming him for the players coasting through a 60  minute game is not one of them. At this level, players need to begin holding themselves accountable. And in today's NHL, I don't know if that's possible. The days of Scotty Bowman type coaches has come and gone. Coaches who demand accountability, and leaving it all on the ice have a short shelf life. What we're seeing now, are pretty much camp counselors. And sadly, I think that's what the league wants. If the Rangers continue to play the way they did the last 3 games, there's a good chance they will be one and done, Gallant will be gone, and in a New York minute they'll bring in another counselor to keep order in the locker-room.

And it shows on the ice, because the game is not that much fun to watch anymore. You know there's something wrong with the game, when coaches no longer litter the ice with hockey sticks after a bad call. I guess it's just sports entertainment, and the natural progression.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, jamsim1967 said:

At the end of the day, players not playing for a full 60 have nobody to blame but themselves. I have my problems with Gallant, but blaming him for the players coasting through a 60  minute game is not one of them. At this level, players need to begin holding themselves accountable. And in today's NHL, I don't know if that's possible. The days of Scotty Bowman type coaches has come and gone. Coaches who demand accountability, and leaving it all on the ice have a short shelf life. What we're seeing now, are pretty much camp counselors. And sadly, I think that's what the league wants. If the Rangers continue to play the way they did the last 3 games, there's a good chance they will be one and done, Gallant will be gone, and in a New York minute they'll bring in another counselor to keep order in the locker-room.

And it shows on the ice, because the game is not that much fun to watch anymore. You know there's something wrong with the game, when coaches no longer litter the ice with hockey sticks after a bad call. I guess it's just sports entertainment, and the natural progression.

Great points, and I think that's throughout sport, not just hockey.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hope you're collecting at least 10% of his next KHL contract before he scutters into anonymity. 

Lol yup. 6 games with Vancouver, 1 assist, averages about 10 and a half minutes a night.  Played more per game in NY. 

• VINNY! 1

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not sure how that is a excuse for kravtsov as it is an indication of GG being a moron.

But your hard on for me is impressive seeing as you always reply to me. Interesting....

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

It's getting that way for me too. I haven't been able to watch baseball much for about three years now.

When the hitter can't go the other way, there's something wrong with the sport. Everybody's trying to hit it out.

Starters unable to go 5

Not knowing how to execute a bunt

Hitting behind the runner is now practically nonexistent

In extra innings, teams start a runner at 2nd base. And they still have problems scoring the run.

I know there are other incredible changes, but I can't think of them. Owners are ruining sports ... there I said it, and I feel better. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They were due to cool down a bit after a great stretch of winning, but it's been a lot of bad habits that have been concerning.

The major bad habit that really stands out, is consistently not showing up to play. Getting better production from the 4th line. I'll take it, but not a good look.

• Keeps it 100 1

When the hitter can't go the other way, there's something wrong with the sport. Everybody's trying to hit it out.

Starters unable to go 5

In extra innings, teams start a runner at 2nd base. And they still have problems scoring the run.

I know there are other incredible changes, but I can't think of them. Owners are ruining sports ... there I said it, and I feel better. 🙂

They are and also having more player's guys like Aaron Boone managing is a problem. I hate what's happening with sport.

Starters unable to go 5

Was a time watched almost every Yankee game. Last few years, have not as much as an inning. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Was a time watched almost every Yankee game. Last few years, have not as much as an inning. 

The owners are more and more becoming the elite that are more concerned with shaping society than winning games

they charge a shitload for that privilege 

F'm all let's all have a drink, I suggest a double double myself, n lick our wounds. We'll likely be back for the next one n bitching about the same shit. Hopefully they pull it together!

PS F the marshmallow Miller n the bread Pu$$y

49 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

Not sure how that is a excuse for kravtsov as it is an indication of GG being a moron.

But your hard on for me is impressive seeing as you always reply to me. Interesting....

It's nowhere near as impressive as your hard on for him LOL 

Whenever we play these guys it's playing against the officiating, and today wasn't all too different.  We shot ourselves in the foot with some dumb shit, and Mika needs to remember what team he's playing for!  ...Was a great deflection though!

...And here are the Top 11 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

9 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

All I want today is a Rangers win and a Trouba flying elbow drop.

7 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

Excited to see which team shows up. Ready to rumble, or ready to crumble?

6 hours ago, goondman said:

The only subscription GG has is to Deviated Septum, Monthly.  ill be here all night

6 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Harpur's nickname should be Missionary. Steady, boring, won't always get the job done. 

5 hours ago, Dem said:

This game is a bag of shit, once again. If I stroke out because my BP is through the roof someone pls call 911.

5 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I've seen tougher labia, I mean I'm not proud of it.

5 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Sorry Eddie O, go fuck yourself.

4 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

I've had pimples I liked more then Keith Jones!

4 hours ago, NY Chief said:

Jones’ hemorrhoids are brain tumors….

4 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Flattening Malkin twice and getting a goal.... PRICELESS!!!!!!

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

A source tells me now that Halak just had some diarrhea from the postgame meal. All good

Fairly fortunate to come away with a point, considering that place is a "House of Horrors".  Halak played a pretty damn good game yet again for us, and made some dandy saves to keep us in it!

Fuck Sid...Fuck Eddie O...Fuck the refs!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @CBrowningPI Browny!!  ...I'll bet there's some fatal diseases I like more than listening to Eddie O!

• Cheers 1

I was only able to really watch small parts of the 1st (saw the Goody goal), and then from the 3rd period on. I thought they looked pretty good (backed heavily by analytics), but judging by what I've read here I guess the first two periods were trash (also backed heavily by analytics). Seemed there were some interesting lines in that 3rd period...

Panarin - Zib - Tarasenko

Kreider - Trocheck -Kane

He flipped the opposite wingers (Panarin/Kreider) than I wanted (Tarasenko/Kane), but regardless I am happy to see Gallant splitting up Panarin-Kane. They are both elite pass-first playmakers who should be with players who like to shoot the puck. More importantly, there's unneeded pressure on those guys to have some insanely high level of chemistry together that they probably wouldn't live up to after all the hype for damn near a year talking about Kane to the Rangers as inevitable to reunite with Panarin. Plus, no matter what they did in the past as 24-27 year olds, it does not guarantee anything at 31-34, 6 years later. Clearly it is not working because they haven't looked good together. Both forcing it way too much to make something happen rather than anything good happening organically.

I'm still not a Gallant fan, but glad he had the stones to make that move instead of waiting around hoping for former glory when it doesn't make sense with this roster.

I was very happy with what I saw out of the 4th line. It could be a massive difference maker in the playoffs.

Edited by BrooksBurner

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I was only able to really watch small parts of the 1st (saw the Goody goal), and then from the 3rd period on. I thought they looked pretty good (backed heavily by analytics), but judging by what I've read here I guess the first two periods were trash (also backed heavily by analytics). Seemed there were some interesting lines in that 3rd period...

Panarin - Zib - Tarasenko

Kreider - Trocheck -Kane

He flipped the opposite wingers (Panarin/Kreider) than I wanted (Tarasenko/Kane), but regardless I am happy to see Gallant splitting up Panarin-Kane. They are both elite pass-first playmakers who should be with players who like to shoot the puck. More importantly, there's unneeded pressure on those guys to have some insanely high level of chemistry together that they probably wouldn't live up to after all the hype for damn near a year talking about Kane to the Rangers as inevitable to reunite with Panarin. Plus, no matter what they did in the past as 24-27 year olds, it does not guarantee anything at 31-34, 6 years later. Clearly it is not working because they haven't looked good together. Both forcing it way too much to make something happen rather than anything good happening organically.

I'm still not a Gallant fan, but glad he had the stones to make that move instead of waiting around hoping for former glory when it doesn't make sense with this roster.

I was very happy with what I saw out of the 4th line. It could be a massive difference maker in the playoffs.

Splitting Panarin and Kane after a handful of games is stupid. The players themselves have asked the line shuffling to stop. What you call "stones" is actually rocks for brains and thick headedness. 

The move to put Trocheck with Kreider is what netted the goal. Straight line players playing in straight lines. Puck hog center with a winger who doesn't need the puck. This seems obvious. 

The kid line again with a stinker. 1 shot between them. They gotta go. They've had more chances to stay together than anyone, with no merit. 

Chytil with 2A and -7 last 10.

Kakko 3P -6.

Split them up.

Lafreniere Zib Tank

Panarin Chytil Kane

Kreider Trocheck Kakko 

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1