• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#66) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — Say Hi to Sully for Me

Phil

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Grant you it was a penalty. But what Malkin did behind the net before that, holding Bread the whole time they're behind the net and throwing him to the ice, was a penalty. Wasn't called, Panarin retaliates, penalty.

Doesn't excuse shit plan in OT and not playing a full 60 minutes.

If this team doesn't turn things around ASAP you can make book on Gallant getting shown the door after a early playoff exit.  He has the keys right now to what should be  an offensive Ferrari and he's it's doing nothing

The only way Gallant gets fired is if they're done in the first round, even that isn't a guarantee but I really think it needs to happen.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Grant you it was a penalty. But what Malkin did behind the net before that, holding Bread the whole time they're behind the net and throwing him to the ice, was a penalty. Wasn't called, Panarin retaliates, penalty.

Doesn't excuse shit plan in OT and not playing a full 60 minutes.

If this team doesn't turn things around ASAP you can make book on Gallant getting shown the door after a early playoff exit.  He has the keys right now to what should be  an offensive Ferrari and he's it's doing nothing

I’ll bet Pen’s brass was on the phone to Buttman about Malkin getting hit from behind and no call on TRO. Next call to the ice….”payback call”

22 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Why doesn't playing one good period get them regulation wins?

Exactly, I don't understand it either. IMO they've underachieved for a few weeks now and badly at that. Getting a point on a back to back isn't the bar I would set with this team. It wasn't built for what we're seeing. Actually maybe it's just one of those situations where the parts never add up to what you would think they should. They look more often than not and when your 4th line is head and shoulders your best line all day that's fucked.

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Was a tough loss. We all saw the game. What bland stuff were the players going to say that we couldn't already know? Think sometimes the media thinks getting a few postgame quotes is the most important thing in the world because it's them. Totally understand that some nights the players want to shower and get the hell out of there. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Was a tough loss. We all saw the game. What bland stuff were the players going to say that we couldn't already know? Think sometimes the media thinks getting a few postgame quotes is the most important thing in the world because it's them. Totally understand that some nights the players want to shower and get the hell out of there. 

The media is scum anyway. I don't care what they think or want.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes at least they've still been collecting points, despite looking like ass. At the very least, solidifying that third spot.

This is huge. It's kinda what pushed them through last season. Playing like absolute shit, yet getting points they didn't deserve. A little bit of puck luck and relying on the other team to shit the bed is what's getting them by again. And it shouldn't be that way. This roster is way better than this. 

I think it's only a matter of time until Kane says some kind of back handed comment about a lack of structure, system and overall coaching. Someone has to have the balls to say why this team isn't as good as it should be. He already looks kinda disgruntled.  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

This is huge. It's kinda what pushed them through last season. Playing like absolute shit, yet getting points they didn't deserve. A little bit of puck luck and relying on the other team to shit the bed is what's getting them by again. And it shouldn't be that way. This roster is way better than this. 

I think it's only a matter of time until Kane says some kind of back handed comment about a lack of structure, system and overall coaching. Someone has to have the balls to say why this team isn't as good as it should be. He already looks kinda disgruntled.  

Yeah, Chicago has been bad for a bit, but he's used to top notch hockey and great coaching with Quenneville. Deep down I don't think anybody is thrilled with Gallant on this team. I think it's clear no one really respects him. You never hear players going out of their way to compliment him. They don't take him seriously.

24 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I missed the game (streaming issues),  but I wonder if the team is upset with the officiating and didn't want to blab about it to the media.  Doing that only gets you less calls to go your way headed into the playoffs. Best to not take a chance a frustrated player calls out the ref for what sounds like a typical Pens home ice/ league advantage. 

5 outta 6 points on the road trip which is amazing based on how they played.  Lots of smoke and mirrors in those end results because they played poorly. Pretty sure they didn't lead any of the three games at any time during regulation according to the broadcast.  Keep waiting on them to stop doing really dumb shit which is the worst part. 

Honestly I don't think they got jobbed overall today with bad calls. 

Thanks to Goodrow, VC and Motte for their 60 min effort to go along with Halak. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

The only way Gallant gets fired is if they're done in the first round, even that isn't a guarantee but I really think it needs to happen.

Why's that? I thinks pretty clear to anyone hes underperformed this year based on the talent he has. If they dont go at least as far as last season, and play better hockey, he should be gone.

3 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Why's that? I thinks pretty clear to anyone hes underperformed this year based on the talent he has. If they dont go at least as far as last season, and play better hockey, he should be gone.

I agree, just not totally sold on him being fired unless they bomb in the first round. He absolutely should be though.

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think players avoiding media is a sign that theyre not down with the coaching.

If they felt it was on them, hockey players usually say so...game in game out. But throwing coaches under the buss is taboo, so they gotta stay silent.

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

I think players avoiding media is a sign that theyre not down with the coaching.

If they felt it was on them, hockey players usually say so...game in game out. But throwing coaches under the buss is taboo, so they gotta stay silent.

Very good point. I hope that's the case. Fire Gallant.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I agree, just not totally sold on him being fired unless they bomb in the first round. He absolutely should be though.

Well i dont have any behind the curtains insight, but for as much as drury has done in the rental category, ide think the bar for getting canned could actually be somewhat low.

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

Well i dont have any behind the curtains insight, but for as much as drury has done in the rental category, ide think the bar for getting canned could actually be somewhat low.

Even if they manage to get as far as they did last year, I would still want him gone. lol