• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers at Montréal Canadiens — I Want You to Put the Word Out There That We Back Up

Phil

Buffalo just had a 10 spot dropped on them. So they’re either ripe for the picking Saturday or they’re gonna come in like their hair is on fire.

Regardless, I play Igor. Give Halak the Tuesday game vs. Nashville if anything. We’ve had some long stretches here of inactivity for him. He needs to start going and finding his game. He doesn’t need rest right now; he needs to play.

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Nah. I’ve posted rosy-glasses stuff forever. Just looking back in my mind’s eye recollection of how the ‘94 team had confidence. And how I had confidence that no matter what, they’d win. This is like watching a downed wire in a storm - it just flips around aimlessly (like

our play.) Take the points and move on. 

Couldn't have said it better! I remember losing game 6 in Vancouver and feeling sorry for myself for a couple days and then having an epiphany while driving home from a late night skate, thinking "no way we lose again" i totally expected to win after that

Needless to say, there was a lot of drinking during and after game-7. I watched it at a bar called the Stadium in Fayetteville NC, while stationed at Ft. Bragg.... So friggen drunk. Not that you asked, but now you know 😉

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

A troll says outrageous stuff just to provoke people. There's almost no other plausible reason you could be doing it.

Im calling a spade a spade... I have no doubt if we were all sitting around drinking and talking shit, you'd see where i am coming from. I dont get my jollies by provoking people or trying to make them feel bad. But i will call trash out when i see it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goondman said:

Couldn't have said it better! I remember losing game 6 in Vancouver and feeling sorry for myself for a couple days and then having an epiphany while driving home from a late night skate, thinking "no way we lose again" i totally expected to win after that

Needless to say, there was a lot of drinking during and after game-7. I watched it at a bar called the Stadium in Fayetteville NC, while stationed at Ft. Bragg.... So friggen drunk. Not that you asked, but now you know 😉

See, this is a productive post. Stick to this and be here to celebrate our game 7 come June 

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

4 minutes ago, goondman said:

Ok so this proves to me you really must be a Ranger fan.  That's too much for a Devils or Isles fan to make up.  Why can't you just stop with all the damn negativity my goodness
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

8 minutes ago, goondman said:

You were drinking because you knew the Rangers were going to win and you hated it because you're a Devils or Islanders fan!!

😏

2 minutes ago, goondman said:

Im calling a spade a spade... I have no doubt if we were all sitting around drinking and talking shit, you'd see where i am coming from. I dont get my jollies by provoking people or trying to make them feel bad. But i will call trash out when i see it

Hey, I’m just going to throw this out there. I’m sure you did read the rules but just in case, I’ll throw a link for you just to brush up a bit. Especially that MISC section.

https://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/guidelines/

feel free to Pm me or anyone on the staff if you aren’t sure exactly sure what the issue is. Let’s not clutter the GDt anymore with a discussion about this. 

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok so this proves to me you really must be a Ranger fan.  That's too much for a Devils or Isles fan to make up.  Why can't you just stop with all the damn negativity my goodness
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

SBR35, i wish  i could express to you how much  of a die hard fan i am-ish, but I've gotten so jaded over the last couple years. Especially when they announced the latest rebuild! Then they hired this schmuck as a coach! I could go on and on, but trust me, id like nothing more than to do NYR happy dances; when appropriate of course

• Believe 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You were drinking because you knew the Rangers were going to win and you hated it because you're a Devils or Islanders fan!!

😏

Just in case we lost, id be numb, but we won, so i had to celebrate!!!!!!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, goondman said:

SBR35, i wish  i could express to you how much  of a die hard fan i am-ish, but I've gotten so jaded over the last couple years. Especially when they announced the latest rebuild! Then they hired this schmuck as a coach! I could go on and on, but trust me, id like nothing more than to do NYR happy dances; when appropriate of course

Honestly this is the most excited I've been about the Rangers in a few years. The coach is definitely an issue though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Honestly this is the most excited I've been about the Rangers in a few years. The coach is definitely an issue though.

I get it, i truly do...  Just dont feel it with these guys. I wont use mettle again 😉 but they dont have that swagger we'd expect

Just now, goondman said:

You've been here
Best Theyll Blow It GIFs | Gfycat

We want you here

17 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Hey, I’m just going to throw this out there. I’m sure you did read the rules but just in case, I’ll throw a link for you just to brush up a bit. Especially that MISC section.

https://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/guidelines/

feel free to Pm me or anyone on the staff if you aren’t sure exactly sure what the issue is. Let’s not clutter the GDt anymore with a discussion about this. 

Ok, no more garbage from me Benedict Cumberbatch Wink GIF

• Applause 2

Better to win than lose, and all that.2 points is always a good thing. 

Across the board, in goal, all 3 zones, not good enough. Gotta be more dominant against inferior opposition than this. Problem the last few times they went deep in the playoffs is all those 7 game series and OTs beat the hell out of you. They spent too much gas early. There need to be way more nights from now until the end of the season and thru April, May and June that are games the Rangers are the superior team and it isn't close. Has not been the case.  Habs are a glorified AHL team due to injuries, and this should not have gone to a shootout. 

Effort like tonight  is not gonna cut it. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, jamsim1967 said:

After Kakko, I felt the obvious choice would have been Vesey, don't know what Gallant is thinking.

Would rather there be a longer OT and then failing in that, a tie. But the shootout is an embarrassment of riches for Gallant. Panarin, Tarasenko and Kane did not get on ice, though did not see who would have been #3. 

Edited by Bugg