• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #24] Rangers at Ottawa Senators — Paved Paradise and Put up a Parking Lot

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They are unable. Hockey's different here.

Yea, it's pretty baffling, when things aren't working out for a team, one usually goes back to the simple basics to get things rolling again. But they refuse to even do that lol It's not that hard of a formula, my God...

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, jamsim1967 said:

They're still passing way to much. Take the shot, and go to the net.

All game long. Kakko again late in the period skates the puck across the top. The middle is wide open to at least get it towards the net and he doesn't even think about anything but passing it to the wing where there's absolutely nothing to come of it.

1 minute ago, jsrangers said:

All game long. Kakko again late in the period skates the puck across the top. The middle is wide open to at least get it towards the net and he doesn't even think about anything but passing it to the wing where there's absolutely nothing to come of it.

Our top picks suck. We are doomed. I am praying Otthman is something.

Is it a coaching thing here, where the forwards only look for the off wing cross ice pass to the a right handed shot by the face off dot? WTF. Try something different. Just like the zone entry curl. This has to be what the staff wants.

Edited by The Dude

Just now, The Dude said:

Is it a coaching thing here, where the forwards only look for the off wing cross ice pass to the a right handed shot by the face off dot? WTF. Try something different. 

saw someone posted in another thread that GG does so well the first year letting the vets run the show but his lack of a system shines through and the players eventually have no X’s and O’s at the base. If this is truly it can the assistants now in my opinion and get some brilliant ones in.  I like Turk and there’s been plenty of great NFL head coaches that needed the meat and potatoes from their coordinators. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't know, I don't really think it's coaching. Neither of them really do anything remarkably well. I'd say Lafreniere is even more disappointing, in fact.

I don't either when it comes to those two. In that example he skates across a wide open middle and doesn't even look towards the net, I don't buy any coach in the league says keep your head down don't look towards the net in that situation. 

I guess we can keep lowering the bar until we land on they're cheap and give up on the they're something special.