• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #24] Rangers at Ottawa Senators — Paved Paradise and Put up a Parking Lot

Drew a Penalty

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Honestly, at this point you’re not even really making much sense outside of attempting to troll the group.

You’re not new to the sport. Some hall of fame coaches have been fired or replaced many many times. Sometimes coaches lose a room or run out of ideas. There is very much a good reason as to why Gallant has NEVER survived 3 years in any of his head coaching gigs in the NHL. 

Its not trolling to point out that maybe it's not just the coaching that needs to be changed.  People on here said Sullivan was an awful assistant because the pp sucked when he was here.  He went to take the Pens HC job and swiftly won 2 cups.  Ruff was attacked constantly.  He is now leading the Devils to the best record in the NHL.  Do we need to discuss Quinn?  My point is simply that it is way more complicated than just blaming the coach.  Firing the coach will give some people looking for a scapegoat a brief level of satisfaction.  I agree with firing him for no other reason than to try something/anything to save the season.  However the no structure, not getting second chance opportunities, poor gap control, no puck support, zero forecheck, lay uninspired play, being too soft, etc etc is not new to the group of players here.  Quinn had the same problems and for those who were here for AV (Kreider) had the same issue too.  

How is that trolling pointing that out?  I'm not even disagreeing with firing him.  It's obvious though that firing him isn't making this team a cup contender.  The roster has major flaws..  t's not a talent issue which is almost worse though

2 hours ago, cupalife said:

Its not trolling to point out that maybe it's not just the coaching that needs to be changed.  People on here said Sullivan was an awful assistant because the pp sucked when he was here.  He went to take the Pens HC job and swiftly won 2 cups.  Ruff was attacked constantly.  He is now leading the Devils to the best record in the NHL.  Do we need to discuss Quinn?  My point is simply that it is way more complicated than just blaming the coach.  Firing the coach will give some people looking for a scapegoat a brief level of satisfaction.  I agree with firing him for no other reason than to try something/anything to save the season.  However the no structure, not getting second chance opportunities, poor gap control, no puck support, zero forecheck, lay uninspired play, being too soft, etc etc is not new to the group of players here.  Quinn had the same problems and for those who were here for AV (Kreider) had the same issue too.  

How is that trolling pointing that out?  I'm not even disagreeing with firing him.  It's obvious though that firing him isn't making this team a cup contender.  The roster has major flaws..  t's not a talent issue which is almost worse though

See, this post is not trolling. However, if you can’t tell the difference between snarkily saying “Of course in today's age it is possible that somebody who has reached the pinnacle of his profession could forget how to do his job.” and explaining your opinion in a respectful way then I think there probably are going to be increasing problems going forward. Just leave the sneakiness out. It’ll be better for the entire conversation anyway. I think you have some valid points to discuss but I think it gets lost in the presentation. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

See, this post is not trolling. However, if you can’t tell the difference between snarkily saying “

Of course in today's age it is possible that somebody who has reached the pinnacle of his profession could forget how to do his job.” and explaining your opinion in a respectful way then I think there probably are going to be increasing problems going forward. Just leave the sneakiness out. It’ll be better for the entire conversation anyway. I think you have some valid points to discuss but I think it gets lost in the presentation. 

You're right.  I'm just following the example of users on here who have thousands of posts.  There is no welcoming or respectful response from some users here.  You're 100% right it does not make it ok for me to do the same thing. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, cupalife said:

You're right.  I'm just following the example of users on here who have thousands of posts.  There is no welcoming or respectful response from some users here.  You're 100% right it does not make it ok for me to do the same thing. 

It’s tough man. You’re new. And you’re new during “war times” basically. In the end we all need to remember that we are all Rangers fans. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

It’s tough man. You’re new. And you’re new during “war times” basically. In the end we all need to remember that we are all Rangers fans. 

Is he new? Apparently he goes back to the days Sullivan was with the Rangers, since he knows the boards opinion from back then.  Same with Ruff.   Not new. New name possibly? 

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

• Bullseye 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Is he new? Apparently he goes back to the days Sullivan was with the Rangers, since he knows the boards opinion from back then.  Same with Ruff.   Not new. New name possibly? 

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

Huh.  Not a new Ranger fan.  Surprise! not new to talking about the Rangers on blogs or social media.  New here at this website for sure.  Here is no different from twitter, sports net, hf boards, or banter.  So yeah I'm new but not new.  Haven't seen a new opinion yet, mine included about this team or players.  Go to any of those places and you find placeholders for every argument.  The only thing new here is that some of the older members here seem to think this place is different.  The only difference I would imagine is that it's them or their friends who run this board.  Therefore for them it's different as they are the arbitrator of the rules as they see fit to apply them, equally or not.

On every one of those places they think Larry Brooks gets his ideas from them too.

Edited by cupalife

Phil
This post was recognized by Phil!

The Dude was awarded the badge 'Reacting Well' and 1 points.

4 hours ago, cupalife said:

And I guess I'm Brett or Brettzky or whomever.  Like I said very welcoming and respectful.  It's a swamp just smells different from the septic.

You're so respectful to new places you go to. You must be fun to bring to parties. Look man. I was just going off of what you said. You mentioned "here". Not everywhere.  

I dunno man. I've been around a while.  I was on a bunch of boards in the past. I too had a similar attitude about this place as well.

But when you realize that you think that about everywhere you go,  maybe it's not ALL them and it IS partially you.

There's quite a bit of knowledge here. It's not anything like Twitter and it sure as fuck isn't the bottom of the barrel HF. Sure there's a buddy system and all that, but if you aren't going to bring actual facts to back your opinions,  you're going to get welcomed the way you have been. That would go for any other respectful board that used to exist.

You really think anyone wants to talk to the "new guy" who shits on the place and acts like he's been here long enough to talk shit about it? This honestly ISNT anything like what remains out there. You have to be on you're game.  

If this place sucks then you should probably save yourself the aggravation and go back to the places you listed. Reddit has a few Ranger platforms you may like as well.  You may like Facebook feeds.. 

I say that in all honesty. I've had my quarrels here. Been banned.  I block certain users only to unblock them years later. Hell, I seriously don't like anyone's political views here. They stink. But it doesn't interfere with the respect I have for someone else's place that has an organized set up to talk like semi educated hockey fans. In my experience, it's the best out there currently.  Something brought you here and it's not how similar this place is to others. 

If it's a swamp. Why stay? If you just want to get your troll on, fine. We'll sit back and watch. I don't care. I don't have to moderate this place. Go ahead. Shit on everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 2
  • Applause 2

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

You're so respectful to new places you go to. You must be fun to bring to parties. Look man. I was just going off of what you said. You mentioned "here". Not everywhere.  

I dunno man. I've been around a while.  I was on a bunch of boards in the past. I too had a similar attitude about this place as well.

But when you realize that you think that about everywhere you go,  maybe it's not ALL them and it IS partially you.

There's quite a bit of knowledge here. It's not anything like Twitter and it sure as fuck isn't the bottom of the barrel HF. Sure there's a buddy system and all that, but if you aren't going to bring actual facts to back your opinions,  you're going to get welcomed the way you have been. That would go for any other respectful board that used to exist.

You really think anyone wants to talk to the "new guy" who shits on the place and acts like he's been here long enough to talk shit about it? This honestly ISNT anything like what remains out there. You have to be on you're game.  

If this place sucks then you should probably save yourself the aggravation and go back to the places you listed. Reddit has a few Ranger platforms you may like as well.  You may like Facebook feeds.. 

I say that in all honesty. I've had my quarrels here. Been banned.  I block certain users only to unblock them years later. Hell, I seriously don't like anyone's political views here. They stink. But it doesn't interfere with the respect I have for someone else's place that has an organized set up to talk like semi educated hockey fans. In my experience, it's the best out there currently.  Something brought you here and it's not how similar this place is to others. 

If it's a swamp. Why stay? If you just want to get your troll on, fine. We'll sit back and watch. I don't care. I don't have to moderate this place. Go ahead. Shit on everyone. 

There’s some good, knowledgable posters on HF who produce great content, but there is a lot of shit to sift through to see it. I would guess there are probably some posters there who also read/post here, or posters here who at least read there (I do on occasion). It’s better than Twitter at finding legitimately good content though from “regular” users as Twitter is full of passive fans who don’t understand hockey basics let alone have any knowledge (or care to have any) about things like cap or analytics. Twitter is really only good for reading content produced by known talking heads like Vally.