• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #24] Rangers at Ottawa Senators — Paved Paradise and Put up a Parking Lot

Drew a Penalty

27 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

This team desperately needs a top 6 right wing and a left defenseman.

Left wing really is the only strength to trade from.  At what point do they consider moving 1 of the top 3 left wingers?

2 of em with trade protection and the other is our developing 1st OA. Tough to deal from that position of strength when they handcuffed themselves. I agree though. I'd sell Kreider for a RW and bump Laffy up. 

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

2 of em with trade protection and the other is our developing 1st OA. Tough to deal from that position of strength when they handcuffed themselves. I agree though. I'd sell Kreider for a RW and bump Laffy up. 

It is tough to move a LW for them, but unless they do they are going to keep having the same old issues unless one of them moves to RW which hasn't worked the brief times they've tried it.

32 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would tend to agree but for some reason they won't leave him there.

Just like they refuse to leave Goodrow as the 4th line center.

Well, there's a reason for Goodrow. Other player get hurt or suck, and GG moves Goody up because "he won't hurt you". But, he does...much more than Vesey. So I get that rationale, even if I don't agree.

But for Laffy, no reason he shouldn't be on RW. Or, even less of a reason we shouldn't be seeing:

Laf Zib Krav

Kreider Tro Vesey

Edited by Pete

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well, there's a reason for Goodrow. Other player get hurt or suck, and GG moves Goody up because "he won't hurt you". But, he does...much more than Vesey. So I get that rationale, even if I don't agree.

But for Laffy, no reason he shouldn't be on RW. Or, even less of a reason we shouldn't be seeing:

Laf Zib Krav

Kreider Tro Vesey

I’m waiting for:

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Gauthier

Panarin - Chytil - Kakko

Kreider - Trocheck - Kravtsov

Blais - Goodrow - Vesey

That’s no hate on Vesey. He’s been better than I expected, but he’s not top 6. He’s top 9 in a pinch.

I’m convinced that Gauthier has more than earned another shot up the lineup, and that he’d grab it by the balls this time. Pacing 20 ES goals on 8 min a night…and he goes to the net. Look where he was on the Goodrow tip last night. In front of the net. As usual since coming back up.

Edited by rmc51

10 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I’m waiting for:

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Gauthier

Panarin - Chytil - Kakko

Kreider - Trocheck - Kravtsov

Blais - Goodrow - Vesey

That’s no hate on Vesey. He’s been better than I expected, but he’s not top 6. He’s top 9 in a pinch.

I’m convinced that Gauthier has more than earned another shot up the lineup, and that he’d grab it by the balls this time. Pacing 20 ES goals on 8 min a night…and he goes to the net. Look where he was on the Goodrow tip last night. In front of the net. As usual since coming back up.

I feel like I posted something similar to this elsewhere, and gave a rationale. Not opposed, obvi.

I really don't care who plays with whom, just as long as they can outlet the D zone and get pucks into the offensive zone with limited turnovers.

Last night I didn't see too many fuck ups coming out of our zone, limited NZ screw ups and other than a few offensive blue line flubs, we got most pucks behind their D.  It actually looked like we had some type of a forecheck last night.

Halak still had to make some saves, but I still believe there's a lot of work to be done with our team defense, unit of 5 coverage in our own zone and outlet passing for breakout plays.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 1

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

I feel like I posted something similar to this elsewhere, and gave a rationale. Not opposed, obvi.

Yup. You did. I think you had Kravtsov and Gauthier flipped maybe. Previously I was wanting Laf-Zib-Kakko, but I think Kakko needs to stay on the Panarin-Chytil line for now. It deserves some time to see what's going on. Shuffling lines won't mean much if done again after 1-2 games. Rarely do lines gel that fast.

• Phil unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I actually like Jones, but the Rangers aren't the right team for him.

Other than Fox & Lindgren every defenseman looks worse than last year.

Jones & Miller both looked pretty good in preseason.

What's that tell you about coaching?

Even Fox and Lindgren have moments of wtf. 

Interesting that a former Jack Adams winner "doesn't know how to coach". Seems reasonable that somebody reaches the absolute pinnacle of his profession only to forget how to do his job entirely.  Even after last years's playoff run most thought he was the perfect choice for this team.  Now 26 games later, he's completely over his head.  He's of course the easiest change but is he really what's keeping them from raising the cup, or is it possible there are other big problems being exposed.

Of course in today's age it is possible that somebody who has reached the pinnacle of his profession could forget how to do his job.  I mean the POTUS has no clue what the hell is going on and he didn't have a long NHL Career trading bare knuckle fists on a nightly basis. 

• Bullseye 1

22 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Interesting that a former Jack Adams winner "doesn't know how to coach". Seems reasonable that somebody reaches the absolute pinnacle of his profession only to forget how to do his job entirely.  Even after last years's playoff run most thought he was the perfect choice for this team.  Now 26 games later, he's completely over his head.  He's of course the easiest change but is he really what's keeping them from raising the cup, or is it possible there are other big problems being exposed.

Of course in today's age it is possible that somebody who has reached the pinnacle of his profession could forget how to do his job.  I mean the POTUS has no clue what the hell is going on and he didn't have a long NHL Career trading bare knuckle fists on a nightly basis. 

Honestly, at this point you’re not even really making much sense outside of attempting to troll the group.

You’re not new to the sport. Some hall of fame coaches have been fired or replaced many many times. Sometimes coaches lose a room or run out of ideas. There is very much a good reason as to why Gallant has NEVER survived 3 years in any of his head coaching gigs in the NHL. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cupalife said:

It’s not that he has forgotten how to do his job. It’s that his approach has a pinnacle honeymoon stage followed by a crash and burn stage. It’s pretty damn hard to explain or figure out, but it’s even harder to blame all of the players who have ever played for him before blaming the one constant - Gallant himself and his coaching staff he carries around with him. Once the honeymoon ends and there’s seemingly no system to fall back on, it looks bad. It’s happened quicker than I expected here, but Gallant’s track record says it was going to happen.