• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #24] Rangers at Ottawa Senators — Paved Paradise and Put up a Parking Lot

Drew a Penalty

2-0 shutout, Ranger win. Halak starts the next game as the "hot hand".

Schneider with a goal in the first period,  but ends the game playing 6 total minutes. 

Vesey gets an empty net goal after an Ottawa D man flubs a pass off of Vesey's skate as it deflects 20' and rolls into the net. Thus sealing a contract extension and the eventual trade of Othmann, Berardi and Kakko, because who needs em? 

Sam calls Adam Fox- Adam Fucks- 6 times before Joe even notices. Joe doesn't care. In fact he says "Sam, every one of these guys are Fucks, they stink". 

Sammy Blais reveals that he- in fact is not Sammy Blais. His real name is Sammy Balls, He changed his name legally to Blais, because he couldn't spell Blaze. Talks about the tournament he went through as a child. All the Sammy Davis Jr jokes really pushed him to the edge.

Jones has 2 SOG. + 2 and an assist.  Sealing his assured scratch for the next game. 

Goodrow plays 23 minutes and doesn't register one shot. Gallant praises his efforts in post.  

Gauthier has 9 SOG, 2 bullshit overturned goals and plays 4 minutes on the night. Gallant doesn't remember a guy named Gauthier even being on the team in the presser.

Miller takes 4 lazy stick penalties.  Is seen sleeping standing up on the ice. Then is named captain.  

Lafrenière has 1 blocked shot. 

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, Karan said:

You're predicting the team goes on a 15-game losing streak? I mean things are looking pretty discouraging but I'm not sure they're bad enough to pull that off.

If nothing else changes? Yeah, probably. They're gonna be well south of .500.

14 minutes ago, Karan said:

Yikes. If it came to that, it would be Gallant and Drury getting canned by Dolan 😂

Gallant won't survive long enough for it to be the case. Barring a major rebound in their confidence, I don't think he's making it to Christmas.

Just now, Karan said:

Shot from just inside the blueline and Halak's making the save so deep he's nearly on the goal line...should be a fun night. 

It's a competition between he and Shesterkin on who can play the deepest. I'm waiting fir one of them to do a Mike Smith and skate backwards with the puck over the goal line.