• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #22) Rangers vs. Edmonton Oilers — McAfternoon Hockey

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hate to come down on Igor after this, but he definitely didn't look great on those goals against.

Yeah fair point. Those first couple goals that went in, he's usually in perfect position in those and gobbles them right up. Was really surprised they find a gap through him. 

Just now, Karan said:

The puzzling thing is that there was no response from the Rangers whatsoever.

Usually when a team goes up 3-0, you expect a period of let down and then when the other team scores a goal, or even two at the worst, there's a response to lift your level of play. There was absolutely nothing from the Rangers today after the first two Oilers goals. How the fuck is that possible? They couldn't even give the slightest shit to get back into the game?

That's why this is worse than the Islanders game in the sense that it look like they totally quit and gave in.

• Like 1

Curious to see how Gallant defends this one in the post game presser. Probably more of "I thought we had a good game, the guys battled hard, we just had a few misplays go the other way and end up in the back of our net, it happens, we'll be ready for the next one". 

Edited by Karan

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Even if the call was a little weak, it's an offensive zone penalty that's avoidable.

Totally avoidable. You're in the offensive zone, 2:30 mins away from OT and you pull the guys helmet off? Where the fuck is your hockey IQ? My God kid, that was just a brainfart at that stage of the game, just don't take any chances. 

9 minutes ago, Karan said:

The Oilers had no fucking business winning this one, how the fuck do you completely drop the ball like that in the 3rd? No timeout even with the game clearly slipping away? Like holy fuck. 

I swear the man only calls time outs when PP1 is tired and needs a break. 

I missed the entire game. Saw Rangers up 3-0 then 3-1. Who's to blame here. The guys I've been sitting on are all the major minus in t he +/-  Talk to me goose. What in the shit happened?

2 minutes ago, Karan said:

Curious to see how Gallant defends this one in the post game presser. Probably more of "I thought we had a good game, the guys battled hard, we just had a few misplays go the other way and end up in the back of our net, it happens, we'll be ready for the next one". 

Dolan is going to do the press conference because GG getting fired 

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

This team is so bad I genuinely hope they all get traded and fired. 🤣

I just got a retro Panarin authentic on the 30% off Black Friday deal.  So expect #10 to be moved after I wash it. Wanted Zibs or Shesty but all they had, my third pick at least. 

• LOL 1

Just now, The Dude said:

I swear the man only calls time outs when PP1 is tired and needs a break. 

I missed the entire game. Saw Rangers up 3-0 then 3-1. Who's to blame here. The guys I've been sitting on are all the major minus in t he +/-  Talk to me goose. What in the shit happened?

The team didn’t care to play 

Did Lindgren ever return to the game? This seems to becoming bit of a recurring theme. Lindgren's out of the game, the D-pairs get all jumbled up, people are out of position and the team just ends up collapsing defensively. But they can't be that fucking reliant on one guy. 

• Keeps it 100 1