• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MSG Paid App Coming?

Blue Heaven

Too rich for my blood. Cable is still the best solution for our household. Between myself, my wife, and our kids, we just watch too many different things to cut the cord. I've done the math about a dozen times now. The price to go a la cart (not even factoring in $30 monthly for MSG) is literally equal to, or often more expensive than just keeping FiOS.

$30 a month is crazy talk. You essentially need it from October-April (for NYR) which instead of paying a full year $360, it would be $210 which isnt as bad.   I don't watch anything else on MSG so if I were to go this route (which i'm not) it would be for 7 months.  

Better off just getting a VPN for $100 for the year, and getting ESPN+, therefore you can connect "out of market" and get the Rangers games plus every other game that they carry.

Edited by Blue Heaven
  • Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Does MSG cover games that are on NHL Network? I know they use the local feed. That's really my only hole because you can't get them when i'm away from home (which these days is a lot) even if paying at your residence, unlike TNT. But ESPN+ is annoying and cuts off all the post game analysis which I'm sometimes in the mood for. But I'd prob pay $10/game to cover those holes. (I get so pissed I'd prob pay $100/game, but don't tell them that.)

Edited by RodrigueGabriel

$10 a game though. 

I don't watch anything else on MSG. 

Figure 70 something (I don't know how many games go to National  TV) dollars for MSG .   

I'll take that. Their programming sucks. I don't care about the Knicks,  they aren't carrying Mets games..  

$70 ish dollars for the Rangers ain't bad. Just need SNY to do their own app and I could get rid of Fubo which is now $95 a god damn month. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

$10 a game though. 

Figure 70 something (I don't know how many games go to National  TV) dollars for MSG .   

I'll take that. Their programming sucks. I don't care about the Knicks,  they aren't carrying Mets games..  

$70 ish dollars for the Rangers ain't bad. Just need SNY to do their own app and I could get rid of Fubo which is now $95 a god damn month. 

Homie, at $10 a game for 70-ish games...that's $700.

• LMFAO 6
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

$10 a game though. 

You're a stupid asshole and you should shut up. 

• LMFAO 7
  • Believe 1

Corporations are so disconnected from the average household today.  I just saw a chart and the average income last 10 years increased 13% while food is up 31%, homes 74%, cars 50%.  People are struggling and they think $10 a game lol. Fools

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

This is for the hipsters that cut the cord but just want knicks or rangers games, + Netflix.  

Its not for the avid TV watcher that wants/has FIOS w/ 375 channels and thinking about cutting the cord.  

Those hipsters are paying $15 for Netflix, $20 for Hulu/Disney, $10 for Paramount+, $10 for Peacock, $10 for HBO Max...

• Keeps it 100 1

I have xfinity and have not had access to MSG for two years now.  If the game isn't on ESPN+, I usually have to watch on my computer via the shitty msggo app.  $10 a game is absurd.  I hope they're just testing the waters with misinformation to see what type of angry feedback they get.  When they drop it to $7.50 a game, everyone will think they got a deal.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I have xfinity and have not had access to MSG for two years now.  If the game isn't on ESPN+, I usually have to watch on my computer via the shitty msggo app.  $10 a game is absurd.  I hope they're just testing the waters with misinformation to see what type of angry feedback they get.  When they drop it to $7.50 a game, everyone will think they got a deal.

"We heard you, fans! Now you can enjoy individual games for the low, low price of just $9.99 per game!"

• LMFAO 1

We talked about cutting the cord last year, but my wife & I watch a lot of sports. We’re Rangers fans but I’m a Yankee fan & she likes the Mets.

So basically, the best price we could find to get all 3 of those, and some other cable channels, was DIRECTV.

They offer a package that includes MSG, YES Network, and SNY, and basically most of the networks that we watch. The cost is $90 a month. Just the cost of these 3 paid apps, when they are ultimately available, would come close to that anyway.  

Plus, I can watch just about every channel on the DTV app on my phone and it comes in a whole lot better than the MSG app.