• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MSG Paid App Coming?

Blue Heaven

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

This is something every sports team needs to do. Tired of blackouts and all this bullshit.  Just need to figure a way to include national televised games. 

Ala carte programing with apps would make fans so much happier. 

I haven't had any kind of cable or satellite provider in years.  Its been fine.  However, my situation is a little bit different because I am able to use my parents cable log in info to utilize most of my apps.  I'm not a "true" cable cutter lol.  We get Netflix for free through T-Mobile(which I let my parents use) for as long as we remain with T-Mobile.  We got a year free of AppleTV and Paramount+ through T-Mobile(only a few months left of those).  We share Disney+ with my sister in law.  The only thing we pay for ourselves is Prime Video which is obviously with our Amazon Prime account.  I also throw some money towards my parent's cable bill since I use their info for all of my other apps.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Oh please. ,sh really is the only reason I still have cable. That and my wife binging HGTV and ID so she can learn how to kill me 300 different always and get away with it 

Shouldnt she be on cooking shows by now? Guess I thought you were together longer 

A few things:

Assuming this will be part of MSG Go, they need to fix their app. The few times I've used MSG Go, it was an extremely frustrating experience. 

Will games be blacked out if they're also NHL Network? For the ESPN+ membership, those are considered national games, even though they're primarily broadcast on MSG. It is seemingly random when the Rangers are broadcast on NHL Network. So you're obviously not getting the 8 games exclusive to ESPN and 7 games exclusive to TNT, then factoring in blackouts for any NHL Network games, you're paying $25/month for maybe 60 games? 

5 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

A few things:

Assuming this will be part of MSG Go, they need to fix their app. The few times I've used MSG Go, it was an extremely frustrating experience. 

Will games be blacked out if they're also NHL Network? For the ESPN+ membership, those are considered national games, even though they're primarily broadcast on MSG. It is seemingly random when the Rangers are broadcast on NHL Network. So you're obviously not getting the 8 games exclusive to ESPN and 7 games exclusive to TNT, then factoring in blackouts for any NHL Network games, you're paying $25/month for maybe 60 games? 

MSG Go suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.  

• Keeps it 100 1

28 minutes ago, mbob said:

ESPN+ has been good to me.  I stream it over cellular in my RV in South Carolina, is it blacked out for those in the New York area?  I also have a friend who hooks me up with IPTV to just watch MSG for non-game material.

Yeah it's blacked out in the tri-state area (not sure if it's blacked out upstate). I pay for a VPN to watch Rangers games on ESPN+.

11 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Yeah it's blacked out in the tri-state area (not sure if it's blacked out upstate). I pay for a VPN to watch Rangers games on ESPN+.

Last year I was able to watch all the games on ESPN+ (I have Xfinity).  This year, in a new house but in the same town, I was blacked out.  I was having issues with the cable so I called them out and they replaced the box.  After they were done, I was able to get ESPN+ to work again.  No idea why this happened but I'm not complaining!

On 11/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, lefty9 said:

I thought i was the only one who had trouble with it .

I just gave up 

At work when I watch on my computer its not that bad.  The stream is usually between 15-30 seconds behind what everyone else is seeing in the GDTs.  At home it is a pain in the ass.  For some reason it never Air Plays to my tv unless I use a screen mirror app on my Fire Stick and that app isn't that great either.  Constantly loses connection with my phone.  ESPN and TBS games are so much better for me at home so I don't have to use MSG Go.  ESPN and TBS apps work perfectly fine for me.  As did the NBCSN app prior.

• 3 months later...