• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

And he fucked it up. Kravtsov with 2 straight line players. 

Where else is he supposed to go? These lines make the most sense given their construction.

Panarin + Tarsenko makes sense, and so does keeping the Kid Line together.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 3

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Where else is he supposed to go? These lines make the most sense given their construction.

Panarin + Tarsenko makes sense, and so does keeping the Kid Line together.

To the press box. He doesn't have a role as the roster is currently constructed.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Thanks 1

I actually like Chytil in the bumper spot.  This kinda evens out time across the PP's I would think.  Tarasenko with Yukon and Kakko might work.

I'll give it some time to see who clicks with who...I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of an experiment to see what works.  This isn't terrible though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Let's just watch the minutes to see how much of a screwup we're witnessing.

If line 3 is down to 13 minutes a game plus Chytil and Kakko on whatever PP2 gets, well that will be the GG conundrum continuing.

Edited by Br4d

Those lines are awesome. It’s exactly what I’d do. Kravtsov will work well with those guys IMO. He’s a responsible player.

PP1 personnel is correct, but the formation probably has Chytil in the bumper which would be somewhat worthless though. You’re hoping Zib can feed him, but PKs shade Zib so doesn’t seem likely. This will still be 2 min of Panarin and Fox dancing with each other doing not much of anything. Color me shocked if Panarin/Zib are rotating left boards and bumper like they should be, with Chytil on the right boards in a position to utilize his shot.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

40 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Does this mean he's going to split PP time a bit more?

This is exactly what I’ve been saying he should do for a while. Love it. Except I had miller there instead of Trouba. 

have no issue with Kravtsov on the 3rd line with Kreider and trochek. This is the lineup that makes the most sense- I’d argue on paper and in real life. Kakko might work on that line better but don’t fuck with the kid line right now.

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

So PP2 will go up from :15 to about :45 

Unit 1 hasn’t been lighting it up. I’m d curious to see if that changes if you take trochek off and let Zib and Kreider work their magic like last season.

But in any case Pp time should be determined by who’s playing better at this point. Both good units. 

• Like 1