• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to PTO

Phil

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, it did. 25 points as a 3rd liner. He was getting 15 mins a night and the team loved him.

Not sure what else you'd want on a PTO. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, it did. 25 points as a 3rd liner. He was getting 15 mins a night and the team loved him.

Not sure what else you'd want on a PTO. 

this team has enough talent for a third line, and enough role players here.

bringing ina fucking Jimmy Vesey only means more shit play from a spot that could have had a ton of potential to produce, whether it’s this season or the future.

remember that lack of scoring in the playoffs when Panarin disappeared? Imagine if they had been developing players throughout the last few seasons that could contribute instead of icing guys like Vesey! (Letteiri, Howden, mckegg, Blackwell, hunt, digipetto, Brodzinski)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, josh said:

bringing ina fucking Jimmy Vesey only means more shit play from a spot that could have had a ton of potential to produce, whether it’s this season or the future.

remember that lack of scoring in the playoffs when Panarin disappeared? Imagine if they had been developing players throughout the last few seasons that could contribute instead of icing guys like Vesey! (Letteiri, Howden, mckegg, Blackwell, hunt, digipetto, Brodzinski)

I dont think Vessey is being looked at playing on the 3rd line. I hope not. 

• Cheers 1

I've said that as a 4th line replacing Dryden Hunt, I'm game. Anything further up the lineup and we are screwing the pooch. We have two guys who have the talent in Cuylle and Othman who should be playing this year over Vesey from the third line on up if the circumstance presents itself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, josh said:

What's this have to do with Fedotenko working out?

Someone asked who the last PTO that actually worked out, I said Feds. Vesey isn't part of that conversation. 

If all these players with scoring potential can't beat out Jimmy Vesey then that's on them. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

What's this have to do with Fedotenko working out?

Someone asked who the last PTO that actually worked out, I said Feds. Vesey isn't part of that conversation. 

If all these players with scoring potential can't beat out Jimmy Vesey then that's on them. 

Maybe not yet, but they need to playing time to get there.

15 hours ago, josh said:

Like Gauthier... Except like.... using him with good players.  God forbid you put a shooter with an actual set up man. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Like Gauthier... Except like.... using him with good players.  God forbid you put a shooter with an actual set up man. 

Gauthier sucks. He isn't a shooter. He's a big, fast, idiot with no hockey sense. 

@josh is also conveniently ignoring those guys predominantly played on the 4th line. That's not where scorers develop. They weren't taking anyone's spot who could have contributed. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Gauthier sucks. He isn't a shooter. He's a big, fast, idiot with no hockey sense. 

@josh is also conveniently ignoring those guys predominantly played on the 4th line. That's not where scorers develop. They weren't taking anyone's spot who could have contributed. 

Nah. Gauts is a shooter. This is his year.  And if not. It's next year. 

• LOL 1

23 hours ago, josh said:

At least those guys are role players. I’m fine with that 4th line rotation, but Blais in place of Vesey. 

Nah. I guess Reaves is.  The rest contribute nothing productive. Vesey can atleast score a goal and possess or possessed a good shot.

Hunt lacks any skill at all that helps a line. He's good at nothing and is not an energy player, no matter how many times people try to insist on it.  Seriously doesn't belong on the roster over Gauthier,  Othmann or Cuylle.

Carpenter is not going to last on fans good terms, but I can see him being Gallants version of Quinns love affair in Howden.  He's going to be all over the lineup he's going to be put into way too many spots he shouldn't be in. Guarantee he works his way into the middle 6 in some manner at some point this season. He'll be the new Hunt. But he's definitely better than Hunt. Everyone is.  

Gauthier will likely shine in camp and pre season and still be the extra forward. Maybe he pushes Kakko, but I doubt he gets the opportunity.  

He will then go on waivers and will be picked up by a contender and he will easily pot 20+ goals. He will win the William Karlsson award as well as the Hart. Thus earning him a 5 year extension at 6 mill a season. We all will cry. It's going to hurt. Bad. Really bad.  I'm crying now.  

• LOL 1

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nah. I guess Reaves is.  The rest contribute nothing productive. Vesey can atleast score a goal and possess or possessed a good shot.

Hunt lacks any skill at all that helps a line. He's good at nothing and is not an energy player, no matter how many times people try to insist on it.  Seriously doesn't belong on the roster over Gauthier,  Othmann or Cuylle.

Carpenter is not going to last on fans good terms, but I can see him being Gallants version of Quinns love affair in Howden.  He's going to be all over the lineup he's going to be put into way too many spots he shouldn't be in. Guarantee he works his way into the middle 6 in some manner at some point this season. He'll be the new Hunt. But he's definitely better than Hunt. Everyone is.  

Gauthier will likely shine in camp and pre season and still be the extra forward. Maybe he pushes Kakko, but I doubt he gets the opportunity.  

He will then go on waivers and will be picked up by a contender and he will easily pot 20+ goals. He will win the William Karlsson award as well as the Hart. Thus earning him a 5 year extension at 6 mill a season. We all will cry. It's going to hurt. Bad. Really bad.  I'm crying now.  

Vesey does NOT produce. His best season is on par for what Kakko puts up, and Lafreniere has already had a higher goal total in a season. 

5 minutes ago, josh said:
7 minutes ago, josh said:

Vesey does NOT produce. His best season is on par for what Kakko puts up, and Lafreniere has already had a higher goal total in a season. 

But compared to Hunt and Carpenter.... 

Why are we comparing our 1 and 2 OA picks to Vesey? They shouldn't be in the same conversation at this time (let's wait for Gallant to push Vesey up the lineup to do that)  We are talking about pretty much the 4th line and extra forward spot. I'd rather retain Vesey over Hunt. I obviously have to wait to judge Carpenter,  but I don't think he's going to be any good. I know,  I know it's the 4th line. But, that's where the holes are. Which us a good thing as it's not a big deal. I just fear Gallant pushing garbage up the lineup like he did with Hunt.

Carpenter is a #1 PK guy. He's going to be an 82-game player. I can't believe we're doing this Gauthier dance ... again. The guy stinks. He's Freddy Sjostrom, but like a thousand times worse, because he can't even kill penalties. He's Luis Mendoza from Mighty Ducks. What's the line, @josh — hurry up and make mistakes?

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Carpenter is a #1 PK guy. He's going to be an 82-game player. I can't believe we're doing this Gauthier dance ... again. The guy stinks. He's Freddy Sjostrom, but like a thousand times worse, because he can't even kill penalties. He's Luis Mendoza from Mighty Ducks. What's the line, @josh — hurry up and make mistakes?

I'm not sure what happened there; we didn't see him at the end of the season and all signs pointed to saying see ya later. Maybe he promised to practice playing hockey?

40 minutes ago, Phil said:

yelling bill goldberg GIF by WWE

You're next. 

Carpenter is NOT an 82 game player. Nor is he a #1 PK guy.  Garbage. 

Edited by The Dude
  • LMFAO 1

40 minutes ago, Phil said:

If Gauthier played defense like Quadzilla did, we wouldn't have Ryan Carpenter here. Or Dryden Hunt. Ifs and Buts.