• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to PTO

Phil

...we needed someone to carry the kegs from the truck to the locker room!   14th forward with experience...not going to hurt us as a depth move.  Hopefully he can surprise us with a decent season as a 4th liner.

• Keeps it 100 1

50 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

...we needed someone to carry the kegs from the truck to the locker room!   14th forward with experience...not going to hurt us as a depth move.  Hopefully he can surprise us with a decent season as a 4th liner.

Yeah he’s not an awful choice. But he’s not ideal either. 

On the positive side, he has more skill and should give more offense than what you’d typically get from most 4th line guys.

10 goals is actually a reasonable expectation from him if he’s in that role regularly. And he kills penalties now and has shown himself pretty effective in the role, albeit as a secondary option there. 

But…. He’s not particularly good defensively at 5v5. And he doesn’t use his size well nor play with physicality, edge, or high energy. 

At league minimum, this is fine. 
He’s not a fringe NHL’er or a player masquerading as one. He does belong. But can he be truly an asset in the role he will need to play?

We will see. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I can think of better players to sign for depth. One that fill a need. While I always felt Vesey could contribute more offensively than he has and that he has a pretty nasty shot, the guy always came off like he thought he was hot shit.

Wasn't he partying or being lazy with Hayes when they were here? 

Edited by The Dude

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can think of better players to sign for depth. One that fill a need. While I always felt Vesey could contribute more offensively than he has and that he has a pretty nasty shot, the guy always came off like he thought he was hot shit.

Wasn't he partying or being lazy with Hayes when they were here? 

I referred to them as D-Generation X-tasy!!  LOL

shawn michaels dx GIF by WWE

• LOL 1
  • The Chyt! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Phil changed the title to Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to PTO