• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to PTO

Phil

That no one was willing to give Vesey a regular contract at 750K for a year while still in his "prime" at age 29 is quite an indictment and raises serious questions as to why we would want him around.  We have enough bottom trollers seeking bottom trolling rolls as it is.  The bar for a regular contract can't be too high if Carpenter rated one.  I'm sure GG will be impressed when Jimmy is playing for his life in the preseason.  Then comes the long long regular season, which has always been a problem for Jimmy.

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

It just makes little sense. His fit would be marginal at best and his impact would be none. I don’t mind PTOs but it better be worth a PTO rather than just for shits and giggles especially when a guy like Gallant might actually like a guy like him because GG isn’t an Xs and Os guy and more of a “feel” guy. 

plus I’d rather use a PTO on Boyle 

OK... Then blame Drury, not Vesey. 

13 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

We can start bitching the minute he gets a contract

The writing is on the wall.

and he’s also going to get those reps in camp as well, also taking away opportunities from Cuylle, Othmann, Boyle, etc 

26 minutes ago, josh said:

The writing is on the wall.

and he’s also going to get those reps in camp as well, also taking away opportunities from Cuylle, Othmann, Boyle, etc 

And that's Drury's and Gallant's fault, so why is everyone mad at Vesey? 

And if Othmann and Cuylle can't beat out Vesey, as horrible as he is, then it's on them. 

Lost of all guys with PTOs. Urgently as per cap friendly Here

Vesey, Jimmy Logo of the New York Rangers NYR LW, RW 29  
Stepan, Derek Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes CAR C 32  
Staal, Eric Logo of the Florida Panthers FLA C 37  
Riedell, William Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights VGK LD 25  
Pitlick, Tyler Logo of the St. Louis Blues STL RW 30  
Osipov, Dmitri Logo of the Anaheim Ducks ANA LW 25  
Neal, James Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets CBJ RW, LW 35  
Jeri-Leon, Keltie Logo of the Boston Bruins BOS RW, C 22  
Healey, Josh Logo of the Anaheim Ducks ANA D 28  
Hawel, Liam Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets CBJ C 23  
Hammond, Andrew Logo of the Florida Panthers FLA G 34  
Gates, Brent Logo of the Anaheim Ducks ANA C 25  
Ferguson, Dylan Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs TOR G 23  
Dronov, Grigori Logo of the Arizona Coyotes ARI LD 24  
Brouillard, Nikolas Logo of the Anaheim Ducks ANA D 27

Neal- 19gp- 2g- 2a- -1

Vesey- 68gp- 8g- 7a- -24

Both had very similar seasons last year and we can contribute the +/- stat to the ilk of team they competed on. BUT Neal has played better hockey through out his career and could still put together a good campaign in the right scenario. As a roster filler with some upside, I'm choosing Neal everytime. 

38 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Neal- 19gp- 2g- 2a- -1

Vesey- 68gp- 8g- 7a- -24

Both had very similar seasons last year and we can contribute the +/- stat to the ilk of team they competed on. BUT Neal has played better hockey through out his career and could still put together a good campaign in the right scenario. As a roster filler with some upside, I'm choosing Neal everytime. 

Do you know why Neal only play 20 games? Because he was hurt. He's always hurt. And then he got sent to the AHL because he sucked. He's old and he's slow and he's terrible. 

Vesey ain't good, but arguing Neal is better is... Yikes. 

23 hours ago, Pete said:

Do you know why Neal only play 20 games? Because he was hurt. He's always hurt. And then he got sent to the AHL because he sucked. He's old and he's slow and he's terrible. 

Vesey ain't good, but arguing Neal is better is... Yikes. 

I just looked at his GP over the last few years. Looks like the dudes body is breaking down. Im just about the same age and I can't imagine playing a pro sport proficiently at this point in my life. Ill digress on making the play for him over Vesey but I'm hoping Vesey goes the way of somewhere else post try out. Have we had a recent PTO work out in our favor?

45 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I just looked at his GP over the last few years. Looks like the dudes body is breaking down. Im just about the same age and I can't imagine playing a pro sport proficiently at this point in my life. Ill digress on making the play for him over Vesey but I'm hoping Vesey goes the way of somewhere else post try out. Have we had a recent PTO work out in our favor?

Yea, Neal fell off hard. I mean I'll also take my own advice and say on a PTO who cares?

Last PTO that actually amounted to anything was maybe Fedotenko. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea, Neal fell off hard. I mean I'll also take my own advice and say on a PTO who cares?

Last PTO that actually amounted to anything was maybe Fedotenko. 

Did it though? Or was it a case of a coach overusing a shit player because of his vanillaness? 

torts will say he loves his players with personality, but continually threw Fedostinko out there.

7 minutes ago, josh said:

Did it though? Or was it a case of a coach overusing a shit player because of his vanillaness? 

torts will say he loves his players with personality, but continually threw Fedostinko out there.

Yeah, it did. 25 points as a 3rd liner. He was getting 15 mins a night and the team loved him.

Not sure what else you'd want on a PTO. 

• Like 1