• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to PTO

Phil

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

yelling bill goldberg GIF by WWE

You're next. 

Carpenter is NOT an 82 game player. Nor is he a #1 PK guy.  Garbage. 

He won't likely play 82 games, but he's going to be a roster regular. Just like he was in Chicago and Vegas.

And you're dead wrong about his penalty-killing. He played just eight games for the Flames, so his time there is irrelevant. In the three years with Chicago prior, no forward played more time on the PK than him (382:46). He was the fifth-highest in PK time with Vegas' forwards (124:02).

Oh, and Gauthier still sucks. It's incredible to me that you can look at Hunt and rip him the way you do as being a completely unspectacular player who does nothing well, and then immediately hype both Gauthier and Hajek, who are... exactly the same trash.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

He won't likely play 82 games, but he's going to be a roster regular. Just like he was in Chicago and Vegas.

And you're dead wrong about his penalty-killing. He played just eight games for the Flames, so his time there is irrelevant. In the three years with Chicago prior, no forward played more time on the PK than him (382:46). He was the fifth-highest in PK time with Vegas' forwards (124:02).

Oh, and Gauthier still sucks. It's incredible to me that you can look at Hunt and rip him the way you do as being a completely unspectacular player who does nothing well, and then immediately hype both Gauthier and Hajek, who are... exactly the same trash.

Well Gauthier goes wide with speed, cuts in, and then loses the puck into the goalie's pads because he doesn't understand angles...So there's promise...

• LMFAO 1

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

Their PKs sucked donkeys. Play him as much as you want if you don't like killing penalties. 

Gauthier drives to the net with the puck, he also can screen the goalie. He is actually ok defensively on most occasions,  and never gets put in a good situation to use his offensive abilities. He's never been paired with anyone but struggling horse faced Czechs and fat out of shape 1st OAs. He deserved a look with the top forwards instead of Hunt and other garbage that has been slotted up over the years. 

Hajek I can't defend. I'm just pulling for the guy and feel like he's never been given an opportunity besides Troubas first year where he looked competent with Trouba, then got injured and never saw the light of day again. He can't be all that bad if the Rangers haven't just cut ties with him,  so he can pursue a job elsewhere. 

Hunt is the equivalent of garbage truck juice. 

Are you really blaming Gauthier's lack of production on our 2nd leading even strength goal scorer? Is there really a conspiracy theory across multiple coaches that Gauthier shouldn't be given a chance in the top-6 because he's too good? Did we think, maybe for one second, that NHL coaches, assistant coaches, GMs, and other players can recognize when a player isn't good enough to cut it, and probably know better than someone posting on a hockey forum?

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1

11 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Are you really blaming Gauthier's lack of production on our 2nd leading even strength goal scorer? Is there really a conspiracy theory across multiple coaches that Gauthier shouldn't be given a chance in the top-6 because he's too good? Did we think, maybe for one second, that NHL coaches, assistant coaches, GMs, and other players can recognize when a player isn't good enough to cut it, and probably know better than someone posting on a hockey forum?

Yes.

Lafreniere wasn't setting him up, wasn't willing to carry the puck and really wasn't getting anything going until late in the season. Even strength Smeven strength. He wasn't playing well and it was talked about for much of last season. 

As for the rest of your post. I think Gallant has it stuck in his mind that Hunt somehow contributes anything at all and questionably favored Hunt as a guy he would force onto the 2nd line for most of the year. Those same coaches, GMs and players you spoke of couldn't wrap their head around the idea of Hunt playing anything but 4th line minutes, much less, CONSISTENTLY using him on a line with Panarin.  Then Gallant scratches a 2 OA pick, who's line was clicking at a really good pace in the playoffs... in favor of Hunt in an elimination game. 

It's not a conspiracy against Gauthier. It's a conspiracy that Hunt was given so much time on the 2nd line.

It's Gallant being weird and having a thing for low talent garbage and trying to make something out of nothing,  instead of going with the more sensible things. He's known to find uses for everyone on his roster. I feel he tries too hard at times. Gets thick headed or too loyal to the more shitty player. See Tinordi,  Nemeth, Hunt, Reaves. 

Back to the 2nd line stuff... Blais was the likely placeholder for that spot before he got hurt. Kakko wasn't going to last there because Panarin doesn't want to play with him. But Gallant really didn't try other options besides Hunt and Lafreniere (aka Mr 2nd in even strength goals), whom both produced squat there. Goodrow did diddly with him too. 

Why not Gauthier? Why not Chytil? They wound up converting a cente -who they acquired to be the 3rd line center- into a RW and used the guy that everyone says stinks at center for the 3rd line center.

Use the guys size and speed and put him in a position to succeed. He did it for Hunt who has a much lower ceiling, why not Gauthier or Chytil?

Rangers thought enough of Gauthier, to make him their first signing of the offseason. They definitely don't want to walk away from him yet. 

I see worth in the things Gauthier does even without a gifted spot on a top 6 line. Generating offensive chances is much more valuable to me than what Hunt could ever bring to a hockey game on any line. 

I'm mostly just fucking around when I talk about Gauthier though. You guys really can't see that? Jersey retirement? Parade? Hart trophy? 

Really?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Still would have preferred Brian Boyle on a PTO instead 

I'll admit, it'd be a blast to watch you watch him all game with a few buckets in hand, dude!!!   God forbid he scores!!!  I think we'd get "bear hugs" all around!!  LOL

Soon, man!!  It's getting close to "THAT" time of year!!!  ....can't wait!!!!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

And yet he got that role elsewhere and delivered. 

Did he? He never really ended up that much better of a producer. He thought he could pull off that 20 goal season again. He didn’t. 

Brassard was the 3C at the time. The Rangers made the right choice. Tampa did no better with Boyle than the Rangers without him.

5 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Did he? He never really ended up that much better of a producer. He thought he could pull off that 20 goal season again. He didn’t. 

Brassard was the 3C at the time. The Rangers made the right choice. Tampa did no better with Boyle than the Rangers without him.

I mean... He wound up an all star a few years later. So... Yea he did.  

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

I mean... He wound up an all star a few years later. So... Yea he did.  

As the only Devils representative of a shitty Devils team because it was a positive given his cancer battle.

He’s a good player but again, he never really ended up getting the role and success he sought. He got his reputation for being a 4C and that’s where he was best.

7 minutes ago, josh said:

This is a ‘which piece of poop is darker in color’ discussion. Does it matter? It’s still shit. 

Nah. Not at all. One is an established 4th line role player with experience towards the end of his career and the other has zero role in the NHL names Vesey

10 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

As the only Devils representative of a shitty Devils team because it was a positive given his cancer battle.

He’s a good player but again, he never really ended up getting the role and success he sought. He got his reputation for being a 4C and that’s where he was best.

He scored 18 goals playing 13 minutes a night with a little PP time, that's producing. I don't even really see how you can argue that point. You'd bust your nut if Chytil gave you that. 

Irregardless, at this point he could barely skate and if you can't skate you don't fit the mold of the team. He doesn't have a place here. 

Edited by Pete

17 hours ago, Pete said:

He scored 18 goals playing 13 minutes a night with a little PP time, that's producing. I don't even really see how you can argue that point. You'd bust your nut if Chytil gave you that. 

Irregardless, at this point he could barely skate and if you can't skate you don't fit the mold of the team. He doesn't have a place here. 

I can't believe you said irregardless. 

• LMFAO 2