• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Happens at Center?

Phil

48 minutes ago, josh said:

Neither am I. And he’s NOT going to cost that much. 

could probably get him for a 2nd/3rd (retention), rights to Georgiev, a c prospect like Pajuniemi or Skinner - and you can probably throw in Nemeth, too. 

I feel like Chicago would probably prefer to hold onto Toews until the trade deadline and hope a bidding war goes on or a desperate team overbids. He’s a sell low right now so at worst he remains the same sell low later. 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, Dunny said:

I can't take credit, it was Tierney lol

*Collin White getting bought out*

me: ah, that’s the Senators guy he was talking about at the deadline… Tierney?? Fuck.

Apparently how I view the Senators:

E_DOG15VgAAnArT.jpg

• LOL 1

9 minutes ago, josh said:

*Collin White getting bought out*

me: ah, that’s the Senators guy he was talking about at the deadline… Tierney?? Fuck.

Apparently how I view the Senators:

E_DOG15VgAAnArT.jpg

If he costs nothing,  he's a nice depth piece with room to grow. 

7 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

If we acquire him, is this “the window”? Conference final this year, another best shot next year?

The first window is already partially open now through the rest of Shesterkin’s contract (3 more years). It’s ultimately just down to timing now for when to make a major move to maximize how open that window gets. It could be this upcoming year, but the team is probably better situated to do so the following year. The window is shortened to 2 years by waiting a year though.

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

If we acquire him, is this “the window”? Conference final this year, another best shot next year?

I mean, basically, yes. I can't say for certain it would be a one-year marriage, but it kind of would be.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I mean, basically, yes. I can't say for certain it would be a one-year marriage, but it kind of would be.

NGL I love Kreider, but I’d trade him to keep Miller here long term. Trouba is a no brainer, but our LW depth makes Kreider the easier loss to make up. He’s not scoring 50+ again anyway

The optics of trading Kakko in this deal would be horrible, but also hilarious.

Rangers literally threw away Miller in a deal to kickoff the rebuild that eventually resulted in their drafting Kakko second overall, who they would, presumably, then trade to re-acquire the player they threw away in the first place.

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Rangers literally threw away Miller in a deal to kickoff the rebuild that eventually resulted in their drafting Kakko second overall, who they would, presumably, then trade to re-acquire the player they threw away in the first place.

No Thank You Sigh GIF by StickerGiant

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

People want to talk about the Panarin deal being a Gorton "mistake", but the McD/Miller trade should have assured that Gorton never worked as a GM in this league again.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

People want to talk about the Panarin deal being a Gorton "mistake", but the McD/Miller trade should have assured that Gorton never worked as a GM in this league again.

You mean "oh, let's just throw in J.T. Miller.  Get him off the plane!" should disqualify him?😂

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's astounding what they got out of it, which was literally nothing. Not one piece is on their roster in an active role. In fact, the closest thing they got from it that qualifies is... Libor Hajek.

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

You mean "oh, let's just throw in J.T. Miller.  Get him off the plane!" should disqualify him?😂

Let me amend, "oh let's just throw in J.T. Miller because I HAVE to have Libor Hajek."

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Let me amend, "oh let's just throw in J.T. Miller because I HAVE to have Libor Hajek."

Let me amend, "oh, maybe I'll get more for McDonaugh if I first address to the world a 'to whom it may concern' letter publicly announcing that I am holding a fire sale (and that McDonaugh will be part of it).  Oh, and if I'm going to "rebuild" I should get that 24 year old guy off the plane and include him.  After all, he'll be old some day!"

Yea...Trading away jt miller looks like a retard move now...but half this board wouldve thrown away chytil before the playoffs, and 3-5 years down the road hell be scoring 30+. Book it. Ditto for laf and kakko - half this board had given up on them at different points last year.

Edited by Jdog99

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

Yea...Trading away jt miller looks like a retard move now...but half this board wouldve thrown away chytil before the playoffs, and 3-5 years down the road hell be scoring 30+. Book it. Ditto for laf and kakko - half this board had given up on them at different points last year.

Scoring 30+ goals? Or points? Cuz scoring 30 goals in this league is hard and Kreider barely did it before this year and what evidence at all do you have that Chytil somehow will based on his play?

As far as Lafreniere and Kakko go... Again what had they shown for anyone to have any confidence in them until the end of the year?

Miller was already on the verge of a breakout before he was moved and was P/G for TB after the deadline. 

They're nowhere near comparable. 

• Applause 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Scoring 30+ goals? Or points? Cuz scoring 30 goals in this league is hard and Kreider barely did it before this year and what evidence at all do you have that Chytil somehow will based on his play?

As far as Lafreniere and Kakko go... Again what had they shown for anyone to have any confidence in them until the end of the year?

Miller was already on the verge of a breakout before he was moved and was P/G for TB after the deadline. 

They're nowhere near comparable. 

Just looked at his last two full seasons with us and got sick thinking how we tossed that potential away.- 82 games both seasons trending upwards 43 points then 56 points. Terrible. Trade away a 24 year old talent trending up for a bucket of nothing.

Chytil at the same age produced two 22 point seasons. Oof. We can hold out to see if Kakko and Laf take steps forward but to think Chytil has some potential to score 30g is sketchy at best.

Edited by jsm7302
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, josh said:

It's like you guys totally forgot about the contributions of Howden and Hajek during the rebuild.

The only memory I have of Howden is him scoring a goal against us as a Golden Knight. Its like the salt in the wound.