• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #6: Rangers @ Lightning — Got 'Em Right Where We Want 'Em... Again

1 minute ago, VegasRanger said:

I'm curious to see if Panarin was playing hurt.  His game seemed off.

Nah he's just a big pussy who needs to go to Ukraine to see what real mean do... According to folks on message boards. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Different team next year.

No Strome, Copp, Braun,  Motte and possibly Kakko ( after being scratched in an elimination game in favor of Hunt, he's going to search for an offer sheet)  

I'd like them to hold onto Copp and maybe Motte, the others can go.

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

I feel like this kind of result is pretty unprecedented. I mean when was the last time a team lost 4 straight after going up 2-0? 

Even if it feels like a sweep, the Rangers were basically there in all of the losses and didn't get blown out. This series was much closer than expected even when you consider all the hype around the fucking Lightning. 

It was only close because of Igor.

here’s my summary of the series. 

We were up 2-0 because we played like a team. Then we faced adversity and imploded. Died as individuals. We are just fortunate that our best individual almost equals their entire team. 

Everyone else from the 2nd intermission forward of game 3 should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Up 2- 0. Leading game 3, 2-0 . Yeah let nothing slip away. 

So smart. Genius level smart. 

You realize they got beat by a team that won two cups in a row, right? I mean I know you don't actually pay attention based on half of your takes but I just want to make sure you're up to speed

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Different team next year.

No Strome, Copp, Braun,  Motte and possibly Kakko ( after being scratched in an elimination game in favor of Hunt, he's going to search for an offer sheet)  

To me Kakko stays, other guys buh bye

My favorite is even after watching Tampa educate us that to win here you must have absolutely zero passengers and cannot be carried by any one player, even on a team of excellent players, we still think panarin was going to carry the team here. Give me a break - the guy played great last two games. The team was tired. Out of gas. Exhausted. Played their balls off anyway. There was nothing left to give. To win they’d need to play differently, not try any harder. And it’s not one guy, clearly

• Like 2

Copp, Strome, Rooney, Nemeth, Georgiev, Gauthier.. I'm not interested in seeing any of those guys back.

Not much room for a substantive makeover, but plenty of ability to improve on margins.

Kakko will be interesting, too. Another year like this and his value will be negligible. I think Lafreniere emergence makes him expendable.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

Just now, Dunny said:

Copp, Strome, Rooney, Nemeth, Georgiev, Gauthier.. I'm not interested in seeing any of those guys back.

Not much room for a substantive makeover, but plenty of ability to improve on margins.

Kakko will be interesting, too. Another year like this and his value will be negligible. I think Lafreniere emergence makes him expendable.

Kakko is in dangerous territory. He's BARELY improved at all since his draft year, produces like a low end third line player, and needs a raise he doesn't deserve. I'd absolutely entertain cutting bait.

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

I think all of them will probably be gone. You could add Reaves to the list too.

Just now, Phil said:

Kakko is in dangerous territory. He's BARELY improved at all since his draft year, produces like a low end third line player, and needs a raise he doesn't deserve. I'd absolutely entertain cutting bait.

The only issue is that he was effective in the playoffs and those bottom end third line guy that are effective in the playoffs are the tricky ones to find, otherwise I’d ship him off faster than anyone

Just now, Phil said:

Wrong. You have to be patient. It's still a rebuild and you don't just chuck a #2 overall.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 2

Lets not forget on the road to their cups Tampa lost plenty and got swept by Columbus, but they trusted their core and their coach and kept building. I feel like we are already halfway there with our young players stars and goalie. Failure hurts, but it doesn't always wound deep, especially if we're having this sort of conversation after a Cup win.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1