• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #6: Rangers @ Lightning — Got 'Em Right Where We Want 'Em... Again

Proud of the  team this postseason.  If the salary cap were allowed to grow at its normal rate, we'd be talking about a NYR future dynasty.

Key was Tampa Bay's goalie got out of his funk in game 3, this got the Lightning back to playing their defensive game and changed the whole series.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

How they lost really sucks, but it doesn't taint anything.

They ran out of gas. They still tried but clearly were fried. It sucks it’s not as devastating as the deep runs in the 2010’s. 

Edited by Parsley
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Pete said:

They didn't let anything slip away, they got beat by a better team and a two-time Stanley cup champ. 

They were essentially up 3-0 in the series. Yeah, they let it slip away - regardless of how much you want to say they overachieved on the season. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

They basically got swept. This hurts.

I feel like this kind of result is pretty unprecedented. I mean when was the last time a team lost 4 straight after going up 2-0? 

Even if it feels like a sweep, the Rangers were basically there in all of the losses and didn't get blown out. This series was much closer than expected even when you consider all the hype around the fucking Lightning. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
Just now, Karan said:

I feel like this kind of result is pretty unprecedented. I mean when was the last time a team lost 4 straight after going up 2-0? 

Even if it feels like a sweep, the Rangers were basically there in all of the losses and didn't get blown out. This series was much closer than expected even when you consider all the hype around the fucking Lightning. 

Exactly. They battled in all losses. Clearly Igor kept them in the games but the guys were trying. They were visibly spent these last few games. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Totally sucks.

This team had a great run.

But keep in mind; it means nothing for next year. Think this franchise learned a lot. But the cap means...not tonight. 

Fuck Toronto and the refs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, josh said:

They were essentially up 3-0 in the series. Yeah, they let it slip away - regardless of how much you want to say they overachieved on the season. 

They didn't let it slip away they got beat by a better team. 

Look, I said it all season and it's the reason they lost.... 5v5 has been a problem all year. They tried to address it at the deadline but the injuries caught up with them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

half baked boo GIF

And anti military. 

Not at all.  Just feel they aren’t the only heroes that deserve recognition.  We go way overboard in one direction.  But believe what you want.  I knew it would get an unthinking knee jerk reaction when I said it.  

3 minutes ago, Parsley said:

I hope Drury can make the right moves in the off-season as this team isn’t far off from championship caliber. 

Different team next year.

No Strome, Copp, Braun,  Motte and possibly Kakko ( after being scratched in an elimination game in favor of Hunt, he's going to search for an offer sheet)  

Just now, Dr. Jimmy said:

Within the next week or two I won't be surprised to hear about Fox, Goodrow, Lindgren and maybe Motte all going under the knife to fix injuries they'd been playing through.....

I'm curious to see if Panarin was playing hurt.  His game seemed off.

Just now, Dr. Jimmy said:

Within the next week or two I won't be surprised to hear about Fox, Goodrow, Lindgren and maybe Motte all going under the knife to fix injuries they'd been playing through.....

At this piint in the playoffs, everyone is to some degree hurt. 

• Like 1