• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tyler Motte Suffers 'Significant' Upper-Body Injury; Unlikely to Return This Season

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't think it's that, at all. I think it's all very intentional.

That was my point, not going to all of the sudden believe anything he says now like some have mentioned here when it comes to holding out hope Motte maybe available soon. It was mentioned he was quoted in a article a day or two ago indicating he Motte could indeed be back. I fully assume that's just Gallant throwing more stuff out there to muddy the waters. 

• VINNY! 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Am I the only not really impressed with Motte? He's very Hunt like. He tries. But he kinda stinks and isn't as physical as people say. Unless there's another gear in there that he brings out in the playoffs,  I really don't understand the fawning some people do over this guy. 

Yeah, probably. His skill is that he's an absolutely relentless forechecker that forces opponents into mistakes with stunning regularity. He's an "elite fourth liner" guy. 

1 hour ago, -ERIK- said:

who would he go in for?

Can't take Reavo out and Hunt played real scrappy

Good question and I agree. Feelings change game per game in the playoffs though. I don’t see any changes being made at the moment, but Hunt or Reaves might regress by then.

34 minutes ago, Dunny said:

He's 5'10 lol

I do want him back, though. Rooney's saving grace is that he can play the pivot, but Motte is at a minimum, good depth for the next injury.

And I think that's generous.  The way he skates hunched over he looks like he's 5'4"

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

He's 5'10 lol

I do want him back, though. Rooney's saving grace is that he can play the pivot, but Motte is at a minimum, good depth for the next injury.

Ok maybe not "big", but the guy is 192 lbs.  He's not exactly tiny.  LOL

Either way I think we're both on board with getting a dude like this back.  He'd be a royal pain in the ass to play against with his speed and physical play. 

• VINNY! 1
  • JIMMY! 1

5 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

who would he go in for?

Can't take Reavo out and Hunt played real scrappy

Ill start this off by saying,  Im not trying to be a jerk, but I seriously must be watching a different team than all of the Hunt club. 

How was Hunt "real scrappy"?  Who did he lay out with a big hit?  Did he have a noticable hit? When was he in Domingues face? When was he a pest? What did he do to any Penguin after multiple Rangers were put in headlocks or spun around and to the ice? 

There's zero buzz factor to this guy and I can't seem to grasp this notion that this guy does a god damn noticeable thing on the ice, much less being scrappy. 

He's the last guy in on after whistle scraps, and is often with the least physical player out there playing patty cake.. 

Again,  sorry, this isn't directed solely at you, as others say the same. But can anyone point me to my DVR and tell me the times in the game Dryden Hunt was noticeable? Maybe it was the margaritas last night, or all the mixed drinks all season...  I just don't see it. 

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Ill start this off by saying,  Im not trying to be a jerk, but I seriously must be watching a different team than all of the Hunt club. 

How was Hunt "real scrappy"?  Who did he lay out with a big hit?  Did he have a noticable hit? When was he in Domingues face? When was he a pest? What did he do to any Penguin after multiple Rangers were put in headlocks or spun around and to the ice? 

There's zero buzz factor to this guy and I can't seem to grasp this notion that this guy does a god damn noticeable thing on the ice, much less being scrappy. 

He's the last guy in on after whistle scraps, and is often with the least physical player out there playing patty cake.. 

Again,  sorry, this isn't directed solely at you, as others say the same. But can anyone point me to my DVR and tell me the times in the game Dryden Hunt was noticeable? Maybe it was the margaritas last night, or all the mixed drinks all season...  I just don't see it. 

It’s weird because you keep typing Hunt when I, sure your keyboard wants to type Gauthier. 

• LOL 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Give me that Blais-Goodrow-Motte fourth line next season, please.

I put the hurt locker as the third line, With Strome, vatrano and Copp walking due to cap reasons