• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tyler Motte Suffers 'Significant' Upper-Body Injury; Unlikely to Return This Season

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Gallant said Kakko was nothing serious and he missed over 10 weeks. If he’s saying quite a while, I’d assume he’s likely done for the season unless we make a major run. And even then…

I think Motte might not even be alive anymore, going by Gallant-speak. 

He gone. Rip Pour One Out GIF

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Phil changed the title to Tyler Motte Suffers 'Significant' Upper-Body Injury; Unlikely to Return This Season
7 hours ago, Keirik said:

He was a luxury. Thankfully we gave up very little for him. I’d look to retain him but only if he took Hunt level contract which he won’t. Sorry kid. Business. 

You're right, big K!!  I think he falls in line with Pete's "kick at the can" theory.  We'll make due without him, but these depth/glue guys are hard not to fall in love with sometimes.

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Read Motte might be ready sometime the first round or possible the 2nd round.

I honestly wonder if this is just gamesmanship more than it is honesty. Motte fundamentally changes a good deal of our lineup and unlocks variance in the bottom 6 that forces Pitt to plan differently and strategize differently because Motte's fast and physical in a way that nobody else in the bottom 6 is.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

I honestly wonder if this is just gamesmanship more than it is honesty. Motte fundamentally changes a good deal of our lineup and unlocks variance in the bottom 6 that forces Pitt to plan differently and strategize differently because Motte's fast and physical in a way that nobody else in the bottom 6 is.

It’s possible. But he said it when asked in a press conference. So I’m hopeful

15 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Has there been any update on Blais?

He couldn’t have the surgery right away. Had it in mid-December. He went on a road trip with them in March. Not sure he’s even skating yet.

He’d probably need 3-4 weeks of skating before he’d be ready. 

2 hours ago, G1000 said:

Yeah, Gallant has proven to be full of inaccurate information almost the entire season  when it comes to injuries, I would be surprised if all of the sudden Motte is now a possible  option for late first/early second round.

41 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Yeah, Gallant has proven to be full of inaccurate information almost the entire season  when it comes to injuries, I would be surprised if all of the sudden Motte is now a possible  option for late first/early second round.

I don't think it's that, at all. I think it's all very intentional.

• Like 2
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, G1000 said:

Am I the only not really impressed with Motte? He's very Hunt like. He tries. But he kinda stinks and isn't as physical as people say. Unless there's another gear in there that he brings out in the playoffs,  I really don't understand the fawning some people do over this guy. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't think it's that, at all. I think it's all very intentional.

Agreed. Same coach who refuses to even say who his starting goalie is until like an hour before puck drop.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Am I the only not really impressed with Motte? He's very Hunt like. He tries. But he kinda stinks and isn't as physical as people say. Unless there's another gear in there that he brings out in the playoffs,  I really don't understand the fawning some people do over this guy. 

Buuut, I guess I'd rather him in the lineup over Hunt and Reaves.