• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

Gourde and Giordano would be 2 excellent gets. Vegas if they are selling could match up with a couple pieces. If Blackhawks are in firesale mode (still unknown) that needs to be aggressively pursued as well. Ducks with Rakell and more longshots of Terry or Zegras. Domi's name floated around too. There is enough out there I believe for Drury to be able to do something with at least one team.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Every dog has its day. The Rangers could and should be better. They atleast need to make some depth moves for veterans that have been to the dance. There's a bunch of roster spots that need improvement. No reason to not address the needs. Everyone top team found a way to add with no cap space. The Rangers are sitting on how much?

All major pieces have been moved. Time to cash in on the bargain bin. 

Get me atleast Stastny and I'll be content. Every major piece they had a realistic chance on is off the board. Only competition is Colorado for the remaining leftovers. 

All major pieces? Barely any trades have happened.

Domi, Rakell, Lehkonin, Giordano, Copp, and a bunch of others are still out there. All of which could help bolster this lineup that has basically been MacGyvered together with spare parts and Greg McKeggs for the last 2 months.

24 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Domi, Rakell, Lehkonin, Giordano, Copp, and a bunch of others are still out there. All of which could help bolster this lineup that has basically been MacGyvered together with spare parts and Greg McKeggs for the last 2 months.

And I think that’s what happens.

Focusing on, as you put it, the MacGyvered part of the lineup, namely that bottom-6 group. I think they made a strong deal adding Vatrano. He immediately makes them better and deeper in a bottom-6 role, which is where he should be. If he sees some intermittent time in the top-6 and some PP time, ok. But he can’t be up there full-time.

Another forward or two would really help. One of which should be a guy who can play top-6 minutes on the wing would be helpful, but if they’re planning on leaving LaFreniere there and putting Kakko up there when he returns, they don’t necessarily need a full-time, top-6 winger.

Bottom-6 really needs improvement. 

42 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I meant off the board really. Pavelski, Hertl, Giroux were what many figured would be targets. Hoped to get one of them. Now that the big names are gone and off the board, it's the next tier down. 

I agree that any of those names can help. I believe I said so in that post. No?  I'd like to get more thaone of those names though. Stack the team with as much actual NHL level talent they can squeeze onto the roster.  

5 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

heard on nhl network we are looking for defense?  does that make sense?

forward depth should be the focus, no?

A third pairing LD to upgrade on Nemeth is probably a good call. Else, yeah, we need a third line forward or two.

I've got an idea, let's do absolutely nothing with the biggest weapon we have right now, which is a plethora of average assets and draft picks alongside infinite cap space this year, while the rest of our conference gets better. 

At least we'll still be relevant after Mika and Bread are gone? 

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Islanders scratched Clutterbuck and Greene today, calling them both day-to-day. Some are speculating it may be in preparation for a deal, which I don’t blame anyone for speculating that. 

Brooksie once again harping up the “Clutterbuck would be great for the Rangers” tree.

To be fair, literally any nhl player in the bottom six would be great for the Rangers which is a wide net. Clutterbuck is certainly an NHL caliber bottom six player. We are currently skating Greg McKegg, Dryden Hunt, and Johnny Brodzinski there. 

Maybe we are waiting because we don't really care who plugs the bottom six or something i just don't know anymore

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

To be fair, literally any nhl player in the bottom six would be great for the Rangers which is a wide net. Clutterbuck is certainly an NHL caliber bottom six player. We are currently skating Greg McKegg, Dryden Hunt, and Johnny Brodzinski there. 

Maybe we are waiting because we don't really care who plugs the bottom six or something i just don't know anymore

No denying that. But Lou isn’t sending Clutterbuck here. My comment was more about the unlikelihood of the Islanders ever helping us out; not the quality of the player.

• VINNY! 1