• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

The rumors probably have more validity than they often do in trade situations, because there are so many more people in the know than is the situation in a typical bilateral trade.  With the Rangers canvassing a lot of teams to find a cap dump participant, there is a multiple of the usual number of potential leakers.  I doubt the leaks are coming from NY or Chicago; it's from all of these teams who have been asked if they would take some cap space.

22 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I have to imagine at the very least Leschyshyn will be on waivers in a bit. No?

Why in the world would he be at the game? I don't get it. Waivers for today would have to be in before the end of the game 2:00pm.

Looks like earliest would be March 1

"If #NYR trades Kravtsov today, & sends Leschyshyn down tomorrow, with no other roster moves, they would have room for Kane @ 25% ($2.625M) cap hit starting March 1. They could do it sooner by sending someone else down or including them in a trade"

https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status/1629573218880327680?t=5pZL8-na8ZOmgUNqV4y0gw&s=19

Edited by torontonyr