• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Must Face Georgiev Issue

Sod16

12 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Problem with the Canucks is that they’ve committed to Demko so their desperation just isn’t there. 

It's not that — it's that they're not the dregs of the league anymore. Boudreau has them back on track big. They're going to want to keep Halak as quality insurance because they're gunning for the playoffs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's not that — it's that they're not the dregs of the league anymore. Boudreau has them back on track big. They're going to want to keep Halak as quality insurance because they're gunning for the playoffs.

Certainly part of it. I just mean with them having 5m or so committed to Demko for the ne t few years, I count thry are looking for an rfa guy that might get a raise to around 3.5 or so. 

Honestly, a trade that makes a lot of sense would be Geo for Fleury. In a vacuum that’s majorly lopsided for us. However, with him in his last year on a team going nowhere that doesn’t exactly have a ton of G depth, they get someone they can take a flyer on as a starter and we get the veteran backup that can slide right in when Shesty gets hurt. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Certainly part of it. I just mean with them having 5m or so committed to Demko for the ne t few years, I count thry are looking for an rfa guy that might get a raise to around 3.5 or so. 

Honestly, a trade that makes a lot of sense would be Geo for Fleury. In a vacuum that’s majorly lopsided for us. However, with him in his last year on a team going nowhere that doesn’t exactly have a ton of G depth, they get someone they can take a flyer on as a starter and we get the veteran backup that can slide right in when Shesty gets hurt. 

I like it. Does MAF have any trade protection?

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Problem with the Canucks is that they’ve committed to Demko so their desperation just isn’t there. 

They would have to get Edmonton in on a 3 way trade or some shit....

Fuck it dude....I like "stay the course"...it's a whole lot less thought, and this salary cap crunch at the end of this season makes my head hurt!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy

29 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I wouldn't mind that either. You said this is his last year on his contract? Maybe he even signs a one-year deal in the offseason to come back as the backup. Even though he's old, he's still a solid insurance policy also if/when Shesterkin does his groin stretch of doom.

7 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Georgie or Kinky on Saturday is a tough decision.

I don't think so. There's no back-to-back games here, we know Georgiev is a hot-hand goalie, we're playing the hardest remaining game on the trip tomorrow night. 

Georgiev gets the nod. 

• Keeps it 100 1