• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Must Face Georgiev Issue

Sod16

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

every time Tinordi is in the lineup, goalie's save % goes down by at least .30%

You can't start talking about Tinordi now.  We already all just agreed on how bad Georgiev is.  If we all start agreeing about Tinordi, this site might crash.  Or worse yet, someone will have to feel the need to take the opposition position and just lose all cred.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

Hockey Rumors just did a piece about Minnesota looking in on JT Miller with the possibility of moving Fiala. I'd love to get Miller back but the Rangers always seem a step behind or just procrastinating.

It would probably take a lot to pry Miller out of Vancouver but I’d definitely be very interested and would give up a Lundkvist or Kravtsov to do so as part of a package. It would solve two things at once.  He just can’t have #10 back 

10 minutes ago, Keirik said:

It would probably take a lot to pry Miller out of Vancouver but I’d definitely be very interested and would give up a Lundkvist or Kravtsov to do so as part of a package. It would solve two things at once.  He just can’t have #10 back 

deal breaker

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

Josh was responding to my thought to get Jt Miller. JT Miller  is not Goodrow at all.  Miller is a 65-75 point player. 

I didn't notice that. Kinda thought he was listing attributes he felt were needed over scoring.  

Not really sure why some think he plays center.  He couldn't while here and hasn't really been taking all that many faceoffs since leaving.  Not in the realm of a 2C or a guy that is considered good at faceoffs. 

Again.  Didn't he have an attitude problem? Tampa dumped him quick, now Vancouver.... Maybe we should pass. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I didn't notice that. Kinda thought he was listing attributes he felt were needed over scoring.  

Not really sure why some think he plays center.  He couldn't while here and hasn't really been taking all that many faceoffs since leaving.  Not in the realm of a 2C or a guy that is considered good at faceoffs. 

Again.  Didn't he have an attitude problem? Tampa dumped him quick, now Vancouver.... Maybe we should pass. 

Do you do any research at all into the players you're commenting on?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I actually wanted him to play center here. He played a shut down C role at WJHC, did great and put up a bunch of points. 

I thought he played mostly C last season as well. And he's played quite a bit of C throughout 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Jt? He takes plenty of faceoffs and is one of the better faceoff guys in the league. Vancouver is just fortunate because they have Horvat who is also good in faceoffs. Both are usually in the 55% won range

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Not sure if this was discussed yet or not, but in his weekly hit on the Up in the Blueseats podcast, Brooks said he hopes/expects the Rangers to ask about Jaroslav Halak and Braden Holtby. He also expects the Rangers and Georgiev to part ways to let him find his game with another NHL club.

If that's the case, at least get a pick for him instead of letting him walk. 

21 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

If that's the case, at least get a pick for him instead of letting him walk. 

Like with Hajek, it might be too late. Not sure they offer the value to other teams.

Preseason is the best time to waive, now. Especially with the updated waiver rules. Now, with underperformers and injuries, guys like Hajek, Gauthier, Georgiev are more likely to get claimed. 

1 hour ago, josh said:

Like with Hajek, it might be too late. Not sure they offer the value to other teams.

Preseason is the best time to waive, now. Especially with the updated waiver rules. Now, with underperformers and injuries, guys like Hajek, Gauthier, Georgiev are more likely to get claimed. 

Good.  Let him get claimed.  Then he and his cap hit are no longer our problem.

• TroCheckmark 2

I know he sucks and we all hate him now but at one point there was actual conversation of him battling Igor for the starting position. His value has diminished with his play but lets not act like he didnt have a good couple of first seasons here. Unfortunately his trajectory went in the wrong direction.