• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs — Bunch of Guys Face Their Canadian Variants

Drew a Penalty

5 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Guess our three of our last four against florida, CBj, and njd don’t count all of whom are within six points 

I was just being dramatic in response to Josh's lackadaisical approach. But Florida is the only worthy competitor in that list. Columbus and Jersey are subpar opponents.

Edited by Karan

Gotta make a move for a RW for the Zibanejad line. 

I think Kakko is gaining chemistry with Strome/Panarin. Strome is getting it going, as is Panarin. 

Miller/Trouba looked pretty good tonight. Really did a good job of breaking up plays and sending it the other way. Great job of keeping pucks in offensive zone.

I think I'm seeing Lundkvist being a bit more confident. 

Fox was pressing tonight.  Trying to do a little too much. 

I could have swore Hunt had a goal already. He stole one from Rooney on a weird bounce for it. He still stinks and I don't like him. 

Shestyorkin is the only reason this team has a good record.  But, that may be starting to change.  That Strome/Panarin line is getting going and the Chytil/Gauthier line should start taking advantage of some favorable match-ups going forward. 

I want the 3 scoring lines. It's what they have. Use them that way. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Gotta make a move for a RW for the Zibanejad line. 

I think Kakko is gaining chemistry with Strome/Panarin. Strome is getting it going, as is Panarin. 

Miller/Trouba looked pretty good tonight. Really did a good job of breaking up plays and sending it the other way. Great job of keeping pucks in offensive zone.

I think I'm seeing Lundkvist being a bit more confident. 

Fox was pressing tonight.  Trying to do a little too much. 

I could have swore Hunt had a goal already. He stole one from Rooney on a weird bounce for it. He still stinks and I don't like him. 

Shestyorkin is the only reason this team has a good record.  But, that may be starting to change.  That Strome/Panarin line is getting going and the Chytil/Gauthier line should start taking advantage of some favorable match-ups going forward. 

I want the 3 scoring lines. It's what they have. Use them that way. 

So put Hunt in a middle 6 spot. His problem with the 4th line is he carries the puck. With any of the top 3 lines, he's not going to be carrying the puck. He's going to be getting open to shoot. And he scored. He's had other opportunities that have been blocked. He'll also forecheck, throw the body, and get in front. He draws attention (even after whistles) which means more space for linemates - with Reaves, Rooney or Mckegg that doesn't mean much, but Panarin, Strome... 

And it allows you to balance the lines. See what they have before making a trade.

3 minutes ago, josh said:

So put Hunt in a middle 6 spot. His problem with the 4th line is he carries the puck. With any of the top 3 lines, he's not going to be carrying the puck. He's going to be getting open to shoot. And he scored. He's had other opportunities that have been blocked. He'll also forecheck, throw the body, and get in front. He draws attention (even after whistles) which means more space for linemates - with Reaves, Rooney or Mckegg that doesn't mean much, but Panarin, Strome... 

And it allows you to balance the lines. See what they have before making a trade.

I still cant figure him out. Is he a banger? Shooter? Skill?  

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

I think Strome is. Whenever he gets the puck anywhere on the ice he right away passes it to Panarin. He knows Panarin will inflate his numbers. 

I really hate that he's forcing passes to Panarin. He was fantastic when Panarin was away from the team (last season was it?) The dudes a gamer and even outplayed Zib for a while in terms of production before. 

Chytil and Gauthier are playing like they know this is a pivotal point in their young careers.  I'd like to see it rubbing off on LaF a little more.  I wish he were earning back a spot on the top line, because Goodrow is not appropriate there.

There were problems in our game tonight, but we played far better than in at least half of the games that we have won.

It kills me to see 75 percent of the seats in the lower bowl empty at the start of a period in Toronto.  It's so much different from the Toronto of old.

6 hours ago, josh said:

How about.... no. 

16 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Gauthier just can't finish.  I swear he would find a way to shoot into the goalies pads on an empty net.

Chytil isn't a center.

They need a RW for the Zibanejad line.

And lastly Goodrow is the only good face off guy on the team.

The amount of shots Gaut is putting on one or two are bound to go in. I like what im seeing. That line looks good. 

• Keeps it 100 1

32 minutes ago, CCCP said:

The amount of shots Gaut is putting on one or two are bound to go in. I like what im seeing. That line looks good. 

Yeah I like what I'm seeing from Gauthier too. He's doing all the things being asked of him. Obviously he still needs to put it all together, but at least he's not just floating around out there aimlessly taking bad penalties.