• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs — Bunch of Guys Face Their Canadian Variants

Drew a Penalty

Tough loss but not mad.

That was a great test and though we didn’t win, I’m happy with the way they competed against a really tight defensive team. That third period was really something to carry all year, because though it didn’t result in a win tonight, that is the way this team will have to play against tough defensive teams.

• Like 2

Toronto showing they're trying to make a run. Big win for them. Not pretty, but the games they need to learn to win to be successful. 

Rangers not doing the full 60 and jt cost them. Only the 3rd line showed up. Can't have Zibanejad and panarin lines show for 2 shifts each and expect a W against a top team.

But really, they went 3-0 before this? Oh well, don't dwell 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

need to give Zib a covid test.

stfu Joe with they just ran outta time they had 60 mins to show something resembling desperation. Campbell was good yes, their top 6 again didn't do much all game long and were not their best players. 

Not sure what's up with him, has a burst or good play here or there but need more

For one,Goodrow has no business being on that line, why we keep forcing him there ...I don't get it

Sucks that fluke goal in the 1st period was the difference. But more disappointing is the Rangers didn't adapt their play to the Leafs tight checking style and kept trying the perfect long passes. Panarin was a turnover machine yet again. And the fuck is wrong with Zibanejad...

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

Sucks that fluke goal in the 1st period was the difference. But more disappointing is the Rangers didn't adapt their play to the Leafs tight checking style and kept trying the perfect long passes. Panarin was a turnover machine yet again. And the fuck is wrong with Zibanejad...

Zibanejad is playing with Kreider and Goodrow

I don't think Zibanejad has been that bad. Maybe I zoned out for parts of this game. He had some shots, he was going to the net. He was forechecing. He made some good defensive breakups. 

Maybe someone can help me find the site where it plots goals scored, but I remember a huge portion of his goals being right around the crease. That's means he is capitalizing. Kreider getting attention in front, Zibanejad moving around, Buchnevich making the play and Zibanejad capitalizing. Now you have Goodrow there and that "chemistry" isn't there. 

When that line plays together, you can see Zibanejad playing a more defensive role, naturally. And that moves him out of those scoring positions. Plus, kreider and goodrow aren't setting anyone up, so he's only trying to get open really high for Fox to feed him.

• Like 1

Positives. Held a team like Toronto to only 2 goals (one of which was kinda flukey) and it wasn’t about the goalie stealing it 

they contained a lot of high octane offensive threats tonight. 

unfortunately they didn’t get anything going for themselves  

im confident that zibanejad will find his game soon enough  when panarin and zibanejad really take off, this team will be very good  

can’t win em all

3 minutes ago, josh said:

I don't think Zibanejad has been that bad. Maybe I zoned out for parts of this game. He had some shots, he was going to the net. He was forechecing. He made some good defensive breakups. 

Maybe someone can help me find the site where it plots goals scored, but I remember a huge portion of his goals being right around the crease. That's means he is capitalizing. Kreider getting attention in front, Zibanejad moving around, Buchnevich making the play and Zibanejad capitalizing. Now you have Goodrow there and that "chemistry" isn't there. 

When that line plays together, you can see Zibanejad playing a more defensive role, naturally. And that moves him out of those scoring positions. Plus, kreider and goodrow aren't setting anyone up, so he's only trying to get open really high for Fox to feed him.

Gallant has an early obsession with Goodrow in top 6.

He loves Goodrow like Quinn loved Howdy

Just now, Karan said:

Who would you rather put him with to be successful? Maybe he's really missing Buchnevich...

Kakko. Who doesn't gel with Panarin and Strome. He's not as creative as Buchnevich. But he's an upgrade over Goodrow, plus it gives Kakko a chance to step up a bit, with Kreider not as much of a puck holder as Strome and Panarin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, josh said:

Kakko. Who doesn't gel with Panarin and Strome. He's not as creative as Buchnevich. But he's an upgrade over Goodrow, plus it gives Kakko a chance to step up a bit, with Kreider not as much of a puck holder as Strome and Panarin.

Plus, Goodrow could take the draws for Strome, so he wouldn't be constantly embarrassing himself.

Fantastic game, nothing to be ashamed of here except another embarrassing night in the face off dot. If our third line can gel a bit and get some more maturity in front of net we will have the juice to beat these teams. Props to the leafs too, who played an excellent hockey game