• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

6 minutes ago, Xander said:

We already played this fucking game.

Since 2008

NHLers: Michael Del Zotto, Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Skjei, Chytil, K'Andre Miller, Kakko, Lafreniere

Busts: McIlrath, Lias Andersson

Undecided: Lundkvist, Kravtsov

So I get 16 points, you get 2, and we'll probably each get one of the undecided. You lose.

lol

14 minutes ago, Xander said:

Since 2008

NHLers: Michael Del Zotto, Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Skjei, Chytil, K'Andre Miller, Kakko, Lafreniere

So I get 16 points, you get 2, and we'll probably each get one of the undecided. You lose.

Thanks for putting in the work. I didn't think it needed to be done, but apparently it did LOL.

22 minutes ago, Xander said:

Since 2008

In all fairness , he said 30 years and said for us. If you do go 30 years there’s a hell of a lot more busts. The  list of names you provided Chytil, Alf, Kakko, Miller are still undecided as to being impactful NHLers. Alf and Kakko I’m figuring are just a matter of time but Miller and Chytil aren’t locks for being impactful. All the others are no longer a part of this organization sans Kreider. It’s not that much of a stretch to say our first round picks have left something to be desired. 

it is what it is. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

In all fairness , he said 30 years and said for us. If you do go 30 years there’s a hell of a lot more busts. The  list of names you provided Chytil, Alf, Kakko, Miller are still undecided as to being impactful NHLers. Alf and Kakko I’m figuring are just a matter of time but Miller and Chytil aren’t locks for being impactful. All the others are no longer a part of this organization sans Kreider. It’s not that much of a stretch to say our first round picks have left something to be desired. 

it is what it is. 

And it's a wasted exercise because none of those players prior to 2008 impact our current NHL team, and have been selected across different management teams with different directions including win-now, rebuild, and everything in between. It's useless to do that, at best shifting goal posts, and at worst wasting time. 

The only players selected before that year who are still in the NHL are: Carl Hagelin, Marc Staal, and Artem Anisimov (not even on a team this year). 

Edited by Xander
  • Like 1

Just now, Xander said:

And it's a wasted exercise because none of those players prior to 2008 impact our current NHL team, and have been selected across different management teams with different directions including win-now, rebuild, and everything in between. It's useless to do that, at best shifting goal posts, and at worst wasting time. 

So be it but you responded to him so was just pointing out since he did say over the last 30 years what 1st rounders had panned out for us.  I agree that what happened in 1991 has little to do with now, but 2000 on once Sather joined the organization? 00-08 includes Blackburn, Jessimen, Montoya, Staal, Sanguinetti, Cherepanov(rip)….so yeah. Not saying I agree with the thought, but I can see the reasoning especially when you add in the recent unknowns and poor assessments. 

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

Like I said, there's three players drafted before 2008 that still play professional hockey in North America. Sorry that I didn't play by his rules, but the rules are dumb.

Well, there’s more than three but the guys drafted after our picks from 00-07 include Radulov, Zajac, Giroux, Parise, Perry, Varlamov, Foligno,  Pacioretty (Cheraponov year). Obviously we wouldn’t have gotten all of them since some were from the same draft but you get the drift. 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Well, there’s more than three but the guys drafted after our picks from 00-07 include Radulov, Zajac, Giroux, Parise, Perry, Varlamov, Foligno,  Pacioretty (Cheraponov year). Obviously we wouldn’t have gotten all of them since some were from the same draft but you get the drift. 

Ah okay, I see your point now. I'm just talking about our drafting, and not what we missed out on. From 2008 on, we got players that have overall had a positive impact on our team in its current form. I don't think its a fair point to say that the current and previous regime were bad at drafting. If anything, they took it very seriously and our current make-up, good or bad, is the result of our drafting ability.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

Ah okay, I see your point now. I'm just talking about our drafting, and not what we missed out on. From 2008 on, we got players that have overall had a positive impact on our team in its current form. I don't think its a fair point to say that the current and previous regime were bad at drafting. If anything, they took it very seriously and our current make-up, good or bad, is the result of our drafting ability.

I think as long as you still have Sather at some capacity in this organization, you’re still going to have frustrated fans pointing fingers. He’s not part of day to day decisions outside of what stogie to have now I’m sure but you still see him in interviews along side of Drury sometimes so that always is going to make fans cringe lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yep. Keep playing hardball. It really seems to work well with these European youngsters who don’t know baseball and don’t give a fuck about playing in the big leagues. 

Kravstov is acting like a little twat but it seems that is more normal nowadays and the Rangers front office needs to adjust. Not quite sure what leaving him sitting in Russia does to help this team.  I always have to adjust some of my old school ways while I’m supervising. Why is ok for the Rangers not to? I can’t stand these types of personnel mismanagement. Don’t compound it by continuing to do stupid shit out of spite. Either try to make nice with him or find the best deal for him and move on. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yep. Keep playing hardball. It really seems to work well with these European youngsters who don’t know baseball and don’t give a fuck about playing in the big leagues. 

Kravstov is acting like a little twat but it seems that is more normal nowadays and the Rangers front office needs to adjust. Not quite sure what leaving him sitting in Russia does to help this team.  I always have to adjust some of my old school ways while I’m supervising. Why is ok for the Rangers not to? I can’t stand these types of personnel mismanagement. Don’t compound it by continuing to do stupid shit out of spite. Either try to make nice with him or find the best deal for him and move on. 

I'm assuming they're exploring both of these options.

We're all excited about Kravtsov's potential so this whole thing is a big let down. But if he was really close to being an effective/productive top 9 player at this time, he would've made the team. Chances are he'd just continue to flash potential while not having a net positive impact on games.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

I hate that we use that word tw*t around here so freely. I get the point but I also get the point that times have changed. You touched on it later in your post. As someone like myself that is a bit more old school and just plain old I often find myself in a weird situation of thinking “ fuck that, this would never fly in my time” until I realize I sound like my dad when I said shit and he looked perplexed. 

We are in a weird time where we, as adults, need to understand that the rules have changed. It seems to me there is a timeline where false hope was given despite it not being deserved. We then fast forward nearly two years later where it was rectified and the kid did what was necessary to prove he wanted to be here. Let’s not forget that a guy like Gauthier was traded for after having 5 previous nhl games and never sniffed the AHL in this organization despite doing nothing here. Add in horrific rookie years for Kakko, a mediocre bubble year for Alf, and a roster spot for Lundkvist despite never seeing a minute of A time either and I’m starting to see how a kid might be confused. Gallant saying one thing one day and saying another thing day two and I think it comes together as a shit sandwich.

All of us here would kill to be in this situation so we project thr “fuck that I’d do anything to prove my worth” but we aren’t in closed door meetings with player and management. I STILL actually haven’t seen a direct Kravtsov quote but I’ve seen ny post info that had to be leaked from the organization. Whole thing seems horribly horribly asinine from all parties.

who here wins? Not us, and for all the fuckery going on we are then ones screwed in the end.

Edited by Keirik
  • Applause 4

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

I hate that we use that word tw*t around here so freely. I get the point but I also get the point that times have changed. You touched on it later in your post. As someone like myself that is a bit more old school and just plain old I often find myself in a weird situation of thinking “ fuck that, this would never fly in my time” until I realize I sound like my dad when I said shit and he looked perplexed. 

We are in a weird time where we, as adults, need to understand that the rules have changed. It seems to me there is a timeline where false hope was given despite it not being deserved. We then fast forward nearly two years later where it was rectified and the kid did what was necessary to prove he wanted to be here. Let’s not forget that a guy like Gauthier was traded for after having 5 previous nhl games and never sniffed the AHL in this organization despite doing nothing here. Add in horrific rookie years for Kakko, a mediocre bubble year for Alf, and a roster spot for Lundkvist despite never seeing a minute of A time either and I’m starting to see how a kid might be confused. Gallant saying one thing one day and saying another thing day two and I think it comes together as a shit sandwich.

All of us here would kill to be in this situation so we project thr “fuck that I’d do anything to prove my worth” but we aren’t in closed door meetings with player and management. I STILL actually haven’t seen a direct Kravtsov quote but I’ve seen ny post info that had to be leaked from the organization. Whole thing seems horribly horribly asinine from all parties.

who here wins? Not us, and for all the fuckery going on we are then ones screwed in the end.

I don’t know. Tw*t is a fun word! Maybe I’ve been watching too much Ted Lasso though. My point though is that neither party has handled this well. I think it’s time for some changes in approach for the organization so this type of thing never happens again.

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I don’t know. Tw*t is a fun word! Maybe I’ve been watching too much Ted Lasso though. My point though is that neither party has handled this well. I think it’s time for some changes in approach for the organization so this type of thing never happens again.

I'm still trying to figure out what the team did wrong here. When a team says that they envision a player making their roster, that's a contract not a gift. VK had to fulfill his end of the bargain, and he didn't do it due to injury... And he was just okay even when he was on the ice.

So something happened over the course of training camp that made the team believe that the player and the team would be better suited if the player were in the AHL. This is literally the way every team in the NHL works. There are players who make the squad out of training camp, and there are players who don't. I'm just not clear on why anybody thinks there was a mandate to have VK on the roster.

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the team did wrong here. When a team says that they envision a player making their roster, that's a contract not a gift.

Seriously.

Even if they literally said some shit like "we see you as an NHL player, as a top-six player. We envision you filling the void left by Buchnevich," that's all contingent on performance.

They're supposed to just give him an NHL spot, in their top-six, despite not believing he's well-conditioned for the league, and needs to work on continuing to develop other skills?

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hilarious that he would apparently accept an AHL stint with another organization, but not here? Now he's in Russia looking at a few teams over there? Man, if that's the case, fuck this guy.

I don't know, could have something to with the org, how shitty Hartford is and his relationship with the FO here?

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't know, could have something to with the org, how shitty Hartford is and his relationship with the FO here?

Well, all he had to do was go down there for a bit, get back into game shape and he'd be back up here, especially now. I don't totally absolve the front office here, but it wouldn't have taken much out of him to accept his assignment.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well, all he had to do was go down there for a bit, get back into game shape and he'd be back up here, especially now. I don't totally absolve the front office here, but it wouldn't have taken much out of him to accept his assignment.

Well you all keep saying that, but not sure how true it is.

Gauthier was a healthy scratch last game right? And Gauthier got a spot over Kravtsov right? So why would they all of a sudden turn around and have Kravtsov over Gauthier just because Kravt went to Hartford and played a game?

They also recalled McKegg over Barron. And now with Kakko out aswell it would be nice to maybe give Pajuniemi a chance? Had a decent camp and went to AHL with no complaints. I won't hold my breath, because we have the mighty McKegg ready to fill in.