• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-2022 Covid Scorecard

Scott

41 minutes ago, Karan said:

What a scheduling mess. At this rate not sure how we're going to get a full 82 game schedule, if the Olympics are still on the table.

Don't see how they can possibly risk having the best players in the NHL stranded for 3+ weeks in COVID quarantine in Bejing. Heard the idea of moving the Olympic tournament to North America. KHL is currenlty negotiating to have preseason games next season with the Pens and Caps, so not entirely crazy. And there probably won't be spectators anyway. 

Hearing Bruins and Preds won't play any games until after Christmas. 

Extend Christmas break by a week.  Cancel the Olympics.  Make up games during the February break.  Hopefully, by then Omicron panic will have subsided.

Dozens of NHL players have now been in Covid protocol.  To my knowledge, none ever have been sick enough to be hospitalized.   

Cross-border games postponed through break

Monday, Dec. 20:
Montreal @ NY Islanders; Anaheim @ Edmonton

Tuesday, Dec. 21:
St. Louis @ Ottawa; Vancouver @ San Jose

Wednesday, Dec. 22:
Montreal @ NY Rangers; Winnipeg @ Dallas; Edmonton @ Los Angeles

Thursday, Dec. 23:
St. Louis @ Toronto; Carolina @ Ottawa; Montreal @ New Jersey; Anaheim @ Vancouver;
Edmonton @ San Jose

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-and-nhlpa-agree-to-continue-season/c-329156048

Nobody else reporting this yet. Probably trying to just be first to the story.

https://theathletic.com/news/nhl-nhlpa-agree-to-temporarily-cease-cross-border-travel-olympic-participation-talks-ongoing/VGniYboAlkUu/

(Paywall) 

With the Winter Olympics approaching quickly, this COVID-19 outbreak could have further ramifications outside the NHL. The league and the players association said they are "actively discussing the matter of NHL Player participation in the 2022 Winter Olympics" and expect to reach a decision soon.

Edited by Cash or Czech

I hear you Keirik.  I'm especially worried because the Canadian government is like DiBlasio on roids on this stuff.

As for the Olympics and the possibility of quarantine, I have in my day had Chinese takeout three days in a row, and I simply cannot image having it every day for five weeks.  Don't do it!

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

40 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I hear you Keirik.  I'm especially worried because the Canadian government is like DiBlasio on roids on this stuff.

As for the Olympics and the possibility of quarantine, I have in my day had Chinese takeout three days in a row, and I simply cannot image having it every day for five weeks.  Don't do it!

I wonder how much of this is real “flu/Covid” as much as it a lot of vaccinated people testing positive with no symptoms. I means slippery slope for sure but if someone instead sick….….etc etc

• LindG1000 changed the title to 2021-2022 Covid Scorecard

Did the NHL ever mention the possibility of teams having to forfeit these games? The NFL mentioned it before the season, but that hasn't happened, as all of the games were rescheduled. The playoffs start late enough as it is, how much longer is it going to be delayed in order to make up these games? This could delay the start of next season by a month or two at least.

The league really needs to update its stance on testing. Perfectly healthy vaccinated players are testing positive.  There doesn’t need to be a daily tests. If someone feels sick, under the weather, etc then they should be tested. Same as it would be for any one of us out there in the real world. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1