• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-2022 Covid Scorecard

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Just wild that a fully vaccinated team can have a covid outbreak that affects this many people. 

I thought about that, depends on when the players got vaccinated. If it was April, efficacy is waning, hence boosters.

Edited by Pete
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

I thought about that, depends on when the players got vaccinated. If it was April, efficacy is waning, hence boosters.

Maybe, yeah, but we also need to understand that positive test cases now aren't the same thing as positive test cases before we had these vaccines. The likelihood that any of these players will die, become seriously ill, and/or require hospitalization is heavily mitigated. That has a spillover affect, too, to everyone else in and around the team who are also vaccinated.

54 minutes ago, Phil said:

Maybe, yeah, but we also need to understand that positive test cases now aren't the same thing as positive test cases before we had these vaccines. The likelihood that any of these players will die, become seriously ill, and/or require hospitalization is heavily mitigated. That has a spillover affect, too, to everyone else in and around the team who are also vaccinated.

Right, I'm just thinking about anyone who's saying "Well how'd they get it if they were vaxxed?"

Yeah, understandable. This is also endemic, or will be, so the fact of the matter is we're going to be dealing with this forever. Outbreaks, like this, are going to become part of daily life in exactly the same way that flu outbreaks happen.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah, understandable. This is also endemic, or will be, so the fact of the matter is we're going to be dealing with this forever. Outbreaks, like this, are going to become part of daily life in exactly the same way that flu outbreaks happen.

Right. But in a flu outbreak, everybody is actually sick. Like, physically. 

54 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Right. But in a flu outbreak, everybody is actually sick. Like, physically. 

Different world, different time though. I remember plenty of times guys sick as a dog would play and have a hall of fame night. It’s 2021 though and an evolving virus that’s very different than the common cold. 

3 hours ago, G1000 said:

How are the Sharks not absolutely furious about this? Didn't they just play a bunch of games with like a third of their team from the AHL?

I'd be mad too but I think there might be something also to do with Canadian protocols being different than ones in US. It's possible that Canadian law states that you can't have a sporting event such as this when players have suspected cases, I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Anders Lee, Ross Johnston enters Covid protocol.  Sucks for them since the NYI are opening up UBS tomorrow night

lol my poor fantasy team keeps taking hits

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fuck the Islanders....      anyone???  LOL

Always and forever

Edited by siddious
  • Cheers 1