• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-2022 Covid Scorecard

Scott

20 minutes ago, Keirik said:

We are weeks away from the league shutting down imo

Get the same sense. In an ideal world, if the players agree not to go to the Olys, they can likely work in tandem with the league to strategically shut down now so teams can get healthy, then reschedule all these missed games for the Oly break.

55 minutes ago, Phil said:

Get the same sense. In an ideal world, if the players agree not to go to the Olys, they can likely work in tandem with the league to strategically shut down now so teams can get healthy, then reschedule all these missed games for the Oly break.

Yeah, it would be pretty prudent to literally shut down right now and supplement games to what, would have been the Olympic break. Highly doubt it happens though. 

22 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, it would be pretty prudent to literally shut down right now and supplement games to what, would have been the Olympic break. Highly doubt it happens though. 

Would make sense, I read something the other day that most arenas booked as many dates as possible during that scheduled break. I wonder if that would really have any true impact on getting the canceled games rescheduled. I would think they could work it out.  Also saw something earlier where McDavid is also having second thoughts on his Olympic participation.  I would think more and more would bail  as we go along over the next couple of weeks.

13 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Would make sense, I read something the other day that most arenas booked as many dates as possible during that scheduled break. I wonder if that would really have any true impact on getting the canceled games rescheduled. I would think they could work it out.  Also saw something earlier where McDavid is also having second thoughts on his Olympic participation.  I would think more and more would bail  as we go along over the next couple of weeks.

Great point