• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Among Final Roster Cuts

LindG1000

Oh boy. Let's hope Kravstov takes this good. 

Ya really gotta keep Tinordi? 

I'm a Hajek supporter, so I get that, but Tinordi really isn't needed. Then again Kravstov on a lower line doesn't work.  

I thought the Tom Wilson stuff was behind them? Lmao. Totally built a team to combat Wilson. This is proof if that. And I have no problem with that as long as it's just this game.. After this?? 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm a Hajek supporter, so I get that, but Tinordi really isn't needed. Then again Kravstov on a lower line doesn't work.  

I thought the Tom Wilson stuff was behind them? Lmao. Totally built a team to combat Wilson. This is proof if that. And I have no problem with that as long as it's just this game.. After this?? 

I think it's more to buy some time and figure stuff out. Hunt, Hajek, Tinordi, and Gauthier would all require waivers, and none are so awful that they'd confidently pass through. At least this way, they can figure out moving some pieces.

On one hand, this is just temporary and Kravtsov will be back with the team sooner or later. One the other, did he really do enough in preseason to merit the spot over Gauthier and Hunt? I think the answer is clearly no, and hopefully he looks at those players and figures out what he wants to be when he grows up. 

VK is good enough that if he fills in the missing pieces he is a lock for ice time every night on the third line, but he needs that extra level of speed and compete which in the nhl is more important than your skill. 

And no, this is not another Wilson overreaction. VK just hasn’t been good enough to discard one of Gauthier or hunt at this time, since you’d have to waive one of them and they are unlikely to clear waivers.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Huh?!?!?  After the Tom Wilson incident, you were railing on the Rangers why they didnt sign Tinordi last off-season?  Rangers could have used him to toughen up the team, blah blah blah.....Now the Rangers got your boy you wanted last year and you're wondering why the Rangers are keeping him on the roster?   

• LOL 2

No problem with this. Kravtsov missed a lot of camp and would be starting the year out of the top-6. Let him go get big minutes in Hartford and gain some confidence.

The Rangers have more than enough skill to outscore any team in this league on any given night. This lineup also offers protection in the bottom-6 to those skill guys. I’m fine with it. Kravtsov will be back eventually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Gauthier over Kravstov?  I guess Gallant was just going by what he's seeing in camp.  I want to like Gauthier but his play makes me not.

I said a couple of weeks ago this was going to happen. The Kravtsov injury really hurt him and I think Gallant likes both Hunt and Gauthier. I'm a bit surprised though after his goal the other night. It won't be long anyway I imagine. 

He will be up 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

I dont know about Hunt but I would be surprised if Gauthier cleared waivers. Someones bound to take a chance on him. 

Oh I doubt it. He's not suddenly going to become an NHL player. Guy has the tools, he's just not a hockey player.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh I doubt it. He's not suddenly going to become an NHL player. Guy has the tools, he's just not a hockey player.

Size and speed are always in demand in the NHL. I am not saying he would be thrust into a top 6 role somewhere but its free money, someone would bite. But thats just my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I said a couple of weeks ago this was going to happen. The Kravtsov injury really hurt him and I think Gallant likes both Hunt and Gauthier. I'm a bit surprised though after his goal the other night. It won't be long anyway I imagine. 

He will be up 

according to Galant, it's Drury's decision

What I am seeing is guys who will have to pass waivers being given a prove-it chance. Tinordi might literally just be here for the washington game but ultimately I think hes the 7th D, plays when there is an injury and when toughness is needed. Hajek is still up no? Got to be a show case for a trade. There is no just room for him in this organization.  Same with Gauthier IMO. 

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit surprised. But hopefully he takes this AHL assignment better than the last one, puts in the work, and he will most likely be the first injury call-up. Or if Kreider can't make the shift to RW and Gauthier/Goodrow/Blais can't step up. There's plenty of paths forward for him to be in the NHL at some point this season.