• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Among Final Roster Cuts

LindG1000

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

No problem with this. Kravtsov missed a lot of camp and would be starting the year out of the top-6. Let him go get big minutes in Hartford and gain some confidence.

The Rangers have more than enough skill to outscore any team in this league on any given night. This lineup also offers protection in the bottom-6 to those skill guys. I’m fine with it. Kravtsov will be back eventually.

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

I said a couple of weeks ago this was going to happen. The Kravtsov injury really hurt him and I think Gallant likes both Hunt and Gauthier. I'm a bit surprised though after his goal the other night. It won't be long anyway I imagine. 

He will be up 

I'm on board with Richie and Keirik..Kravtsov HAS to be here, and I think the injury really got in the way.  Once he gets his shit together and logs some ice time, he'll be back...(where's that Arnold GIF?)

Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF  There we go!!!

Why is this move so hard to understand?  Kravtsov gets to play first line minutes in Hartford.  He hasn't played so well that he's a slam dunk to be ready for the NHL.  When he does make the NHL he needs to play with other skilled guys and needs pp time too.  If he stays just to be buried on the fourth line it does nothing for his development, it only satisfies his want to be here.  Let him develop by playing.  Injuries happen and he will be needed at some point.  He doesn't fit on the third or fourth line.  You can put him there but his style is not ideal for that role.  I see this as good news as Gallant is actually trying to build a team and define roles.  Right now Kravtsov is the odd man out and to be honest he does need to develop more.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, josh said:

So fuck with a prospect (again) for Hajek?

Yeah. I can’t imagine that’s the brightest line of thinking if it’s that. I’m not looking to bury or ruin Kravy because we can’t just realistically say we overvalued Hajek by a LOT. 

6 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Huh?!?!?  After the Tom Wilson incident, you were railing on the Rangers why they didnt sign Tinordi last off-season?  Rangers could have used him to toughen up the team, blah blah blah.....Now the Rangers got your boy you wanted last year and you're wondering why the Rangers are keeping him on the roster?   

I don't recall ever railing for the Rangers to sign Tinordi. Like EVER.  WTF are you talking about?Hot Shots Idiot GIF

4 hours ago, josh said:

As I asked yesterday.

i wonder if they fucked up and forgot to waive guys. No way Tinordi, Hajek AND Gauthier all made the team. Sorry. Don’t buy it

I think they just couldn't get a bite on trades for Gauthier and Hajek,  but believe they are possible NHLers. They just didn't want to lose what they still think are assets. I agree with that.

I think Tinordi is here just to play Washington, then either be traded or sent to Hartford/waivers. He has beaten the fuck out of Wilson once already, so I guess he HAS to "play" Wednesday.

Gallant should dress 7 D for the game. So when Tinordi gets the gamer (for flat out pre meditated attack), they aren't short a D. Probably gets suspended and then we get Kravtsov back.  

In Gallants post game he will say "someone threw a monkey wrench.. hit him right in the face."

Totally loading up for this game to get some real revenge. The more I think about it,  the more I'm on board with it. Set a tone and a precedent. Don't fuck with us. We have protection and attitude. But they need to stand by that all season. 

Edited by The Dude

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think Tinordi is here just to play Washington, then either be traded or sent to Hartford/waivers. He has beaten the fuck out of Wilson once already, so I guess he HAS to "play" Wednesday

They've fought twice. Not sure Tinordi has beaten the fuck outta Wilson ever.  The one when he was with Montreal was kind of not much of anything.  Slight edge to him when he was with the Bruins but hard to call it more than that.  Same with Reaves, not sure he's ever given Wilson a true beating in a fight but he's run him over a bunch and I do think he brings a level of fear because of that. 

Here's the two Tinordi fights, maybe it's me but I only wish he had beaten the fuck outta him.  He's willing which is cool for sure. 

15 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

They've fought twice. Not sure Tinordi has beaten the fuck outta Wilson ever.  The one when he was with Montreal was kind of not much of anything.  Slight edge to him when he was with the Bruins but hard to call it more than that.  Same with Reaves, not sure he's ever given Wilson a true beating in a fight but he's run him over a bunch and I do think he brings a level of fear because of that. 

Here's the two Tinordi fights, maybe it's me but I only wish he had beaten the fuck outta him.  He's willing which is cool for sure. 

Uhh he kinda lands some from downtown in that fight last year. I guess it's getting lots of traffic right now, because it's unwatchable and choppy. 

I'm amazed Tinordi got in some playoff games as a Bruin last year. Dudes been pretty much an AHL lifer, but here he is playing for Boston last year and made opening night roster here. Maybe Mcllrath still stands a chance. Hahaha.