• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

On 12/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, Sod16 said:

10 games tonight.  6 regulation ties, so far.  I wish the league would face up to the fact that teams are playing for ties and restructure things to avoid it.

Ties/OTL should be 0 points.

You'd really see teams start playing in the third and OT

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

17 minutes ago, josh said:

Ties/OTL should be 0 points.

You'd really see teams start playing in the third and OT

If a game is tied going into the third, do the shootout before playing the third. If a team knows they lost the shootout already, they'll try to get the 3rd period or OT win and it'll open shit up. 

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, Pete said:

If a game is tied going into the third, do the shootout before playing the third. If a team knows they lost the shootout already, they'll try to get the OT win and it'll open shit up. 

This is so fucking crazy, it might actually work. lol. I think the 0 points thing would also work and wouldn't disrupt regulation. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Parsley said:

Gotta see the AVS 4th goal vs. Philly tonight (in the first period).

LOL. 🤣

I'll try and find a link...

Yep, this is a checked out team.  They fooled me in the first period.  But their true character came out the remainder of the game.  

Edited by Mess11

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

If a game is tied going into the third, do the shootout before playing the third. If a team knows they lost the shootout already, they'll try to get the 3rd period or OT win and it'll open shit up. 

but then you'll see one team just play defense the entire third.

Plus, with betting on games, I'm sure it would create a ton of issues.

Edited by josh

1 hour ago, josh said:

but then you'll see one team just play defense the entire third.

Plus, with betting on games, I'm sure it would create a ton of issues.

We've seen what happens when teams turtle, very few of them do it well. One team will be going for it, and the other team will have openings to try to take advantage of it.

At the end of the day I'm pretty sure you'll see less ties.

I think 3-2-1 point arrangement might be good.  You shouldn't get the same number of points for a win in skills competitions that bear no relationship to the actual game as you do a regulation win.  In any event, the number of regulation ties is way up from before the loser point and before overtime in general, so it can't be denied that teams play for ties.